What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 20 vs Lewis & Friends

soc123_au

Staff member
We should have won last time. I think we should be ok this time around, but am not counting chickens. Hopefully Wallace & Mansour are back.

mxlegend99

Referee
Yeah I won't be shocked if we lose. Sharks beat us last time and they were in worse form at the time. They've won 2 of their last 3 this time. Both after giving up 20+ point leads.

Last edited:

GongPanther

Referee
Is this the game we secure a finals berth?

Far from it.

Comparing to the past few years,the ladder wasn't as tight as it is now.

http://stats.rleague.com/rl/seas/2014.html

Even if we are 2nd with 2 or 3 rounds to go,we theoretically could miss out altogether in the play-offs if we lost the last couple of matches...it's as tight as that.

The team(s) that can put together 2 to 3 wins from now on will see themselves draw away from the rest.

With the pattern of lower teams beating the so-called league leaders,there is no reason why the teams like the Dragons or the cows,etc still can't make the top 4.

So,it's all a concerted effort for those that have it in themselves to raise above the pack.

Hopefully one of those teams will be the Panthers.

Last edited:

Thirsty Panther

Juniors
We lost to Western Division in the final (1974) 6-2.

Ask any Shark fan about the Amco Cup. The only trophy they have in their cabinet is from winning the 1979 final. They were also runners up in 81, 83 and 85. 4 quarters football seems to suit them.

mxlegend99

Referee
I somehow completely missed the Sharks vs Cowboys match. Wow Flash did have a shocker. But he won't be that bad two weeks in around. he was great earlier in the year against us.

TheFrog

Coach
I can very vaguely remember watching that game, we were suppose to win it quite comfortably I believe.

I watched that game in the Grenfell Bowling Club, in utter stunned silence, as pandemonium erupted. It's probably lucky for me that the Western Division team won.

From memory we always looked like we could pull it out of the fire, but never quite did.

meek

Juniors
Panthers traditionally lose the games they should win - not so many this year tho i must admit
Hope they win this one -
Need to strenthen the forwards tho - move Taylor to lock , Cartwright second row , dump Plum and Docker back to reserves , and add a big body or two to the bench - dont care who just some real size for a bit more impact.
If we field as per against the roosters think we may lose.
Docker and Plum are good players but they just lack the size to create issues with the defence .I believe thats part of our issue - too many smallish forwards caasing the defensive lines little problems and not drawing in defenders in groups for the tackles.

grifter

Juniors
I'd like to see this team

1. Moylan
2. Kev N
3. Whare
4. Idris
5. Mansour
6. Soward
7. Wallace (please lord let him be back)
8. Plum
9. Seg
10. McKendry
11. Cartwright
12. Manu
13. Taylor

14. Matt Robinson
15. Kite
16. Latimore
17. Brown

TheFrog

Coach
Panthers traditionally lose the games they should win - not so many this year tho i must admit
Hope they win this one -

Well if we cannot win this one we have no right to progress further in the comp than the first week of the finals, simple as that.

Big Mick

Referee
What I think will be named:

1. Moylan
2. Mansour
3. Whare
4. Idris
5. Naiqama
6. Cartwright
7. Soward
8. Kite
9. Segeyaro
10. McKendry
11. Manu
12. Taylor
13. Docker

14. Latimore
15. Plum
16. Brown
17. Yeo

What I think will run out?

1. Moylan, 2. Mansour, 3. Whare, 4. Idris, 19. Simmons, 7. Soward, 18. Wallace, 8. Kite, 9. Segeyaro, 10. McKendry, 16. Brown, 12. Taylor, 13. Docker
14. Latimore, 15. Plum, 11. Manu, 6. Cartwright

Last edited: