What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 20 vs. Melbourne Discussion + Voting

Mr Saab

Referee
Hunt and Copely are the worst players the Broncos possess. Heaven up the supporters if Hunt is te 5/8 next yr

jaycee_17th

Juniors
There was so much hype before the game, good thing i didnt get into it that much. I almost tipped the Broncs. Knew Storm will always hard to beat, Sea Eagles as well. Obviously having Archer as a referee only make things harder for us. I dont think its coincidental that we lose too much games under him, or maybe its just me.

3. Parker
2. Hannant
1. The Hoff

Got my wishlist thou for the upcoming games:

Lockyer running the ball little more
More support play for The Hoff
More short passes, not hospital passes please
if Lockyer be rested, put The Hoff to 5/8
and put Gagai to fullback
More set play for The Hoff
Drop Hunt for Baptiste, send him to QLD cup
Drop Reed when Teo's Back and put Glenn to Center
Drop Beale and put Gagai to the wing
Drop Dodds for Hala

Im a massive fan of both Reed and Beale but if were back to full strength someone needs to be stood down and they're them unfortunately. We really need to lift our offense to compete against the Storm, but with we've got and doing atm I reckon its enough to take us back to the finals, no more no less. Wish we could have Izzy back, we need game breakers like him.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
There was nothing wrong with the Broncos effort.

Although I do think the Storm were a 20 point better side. The amount of possession we had in the first half only to go in 6-6, I knew it was over, the possession usually turns around towards the end of the game. Tbh our attack has not been a strong point all year. We will really struggle against the good defensive sides.

I don't think that many changes is the answer as we pretty much fielded our best side. But Baptiste should come in for Hunt. And maybe Hala to bring some impact off the bench. Although its a tough one with him as you don't want him to have to play too many minutes.

I've never rated Anderson. Has the same kind of mediocrity as Kenny.

Reed has struggled for a bit of form but deserves to stay.

IBA

Juniors
Reed has had 1 bad game and now 1 average one. No way he should be dropped.

Baptiste for Hunt is a no brainer, seriously, how can they not see that?

When T'eo is back, move Thaiday to prop and lose Dodds. If Carlaw is back also, I'd like to see how he goes instead of Anderson. He's just so average in every way. And thats on a good day.

Perhaps push Reed back to wing and Glenn/Gillett/T'eo to center? Beale has been pretty friggen average and I don't think Gagai is NRL level

AceAv

Juniors
snappy you read my mind!

Jaycee defiantley onto something with hoffy at 5/8.

I was too screaming for hunt to come off but gruff just wouldn't listen. not sure if he's 100% still with that shoulder..

I think Melbourne are just too good still and they deserved to win. Leaves me knowing unless we seriously lift (and we can) we will be lucky to get past the quarter finals....

Hope locky is ok with that hammy. maybe he should sit out the shark thrashing?

3.Thaiday
2.Glenn
1. Hoffman

jaycee_17th

Juniors
I'd only want to put Hoffman to 5/8 so he could learn some playmaking skills, so he could add more dimension to our attack. But he's definitely our star fullback. What I just dont understand is why Griffin keep on persisting with Ben Hunt, its feels like ala-steve michael & ivan back then. I wish we could sign someone else for the 5/8 next year, though I have faith with our development I dont think Hunt/Norman will cut it out just yet. Then again maybe its just me

AceAv

Juniors
Lockyer was a star fullback too remember. It would seem it's easier to get a good fb then it is to get a good 5/8...

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Yes there is heaps of good fullbacks going around. And much more depth in that area in the 20s and QLD cup.

Big Pete

Referee
Aye just look at our club: Hoffman, Beale, Gagai, Maranta, J. Hunt and Moylan. Not shabby.

Broncos deserve to be labelled serious contenders, but i just can't see them beating the Storm for the title. It would take someone like Dragons or Manly to beat them in the finals. I'll back the Broncos to beat anyone provided they don't have to play the Storm.

Last edited:
I don't know about that - they always seem to have players ready to step up. In saying that, you can't replace the likes of Smith, Cronk and Slater...

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
The thing about the storm thou is they're an injury away from a slump imo

Yeah I agree there but when do Smith, Cronk, Slater EVER get injured? They're so bloody robust. And we have guys like Lockyer, Hodges, Thaiday where ur not sure if they are going to make it through a game.

jaycee_17th

Juniors
Yeah I agree there but when do Smith, Cronk, Slater EVER get injured? They're so bloody robust. And we have guys like Lockyer, Hodges, Thaiday where ur not sure if they are going to make it through a game.

They're a healthy bunch aye? very different with our stock unfortunately

Seagullsrock

Juniors

Latest posts