What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 21-26 Schedule

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
If the TV deal means that poor games are put to FTA ahead of good games (now I could be wrong here and the Titans could have a miraculous run, but at this point in time they have lost 6 straight and look more like bottom 4 than top 8), and clubs have to lose thousands, even tens of thousands of dollars because of ridiculous game times, then I think it is time the whole TV deal matter were looked at from the perspective of the game, its audience and the organisations who risk money to put on the show. In short, the NRL's business model sucks horribly.

I think Panthers-Warriors at 3pm Sunday at Penrith draws 16,000 the way both sides are going. At 6.30pm lucky to get 10,000.

...Bulldogs are second.

The other game you referened... Manly are 1st.

TheFrog

Coach
...Bulldogs are second.

The other game you referened... Manly are 1st.

Sorry that was someone else. I didn't mention Manly.

My beef is the Panthers club having to play the Warriors at such a bad time, in fact having 5 such matches scheduled this season.

I don't really care if its on FTA or not as I'll probably go to the match. However, it's highly likely it will be a more attractive game in terms of this year's premiership than the Dogs vs Titans, I know the Dogs are going well, but they are playing an opponent that appears headed for the cellar. Maybe such a game will rate better than one featuring two finals sides (not just one) even if they are not "high rating" sides. I'm happy to watch the Tearabagapart Tigers play the Wheelabarraback Workers if it is a quality game between two quality teams. For this reason I'm finding it boring that Souths and Brisbane are on FTA every week, and I'm sure I'm not alone.

Like I said earlier, if TV ratings are all that matter, and thus the same old clubs must always receive the prime exposure, this game has some rather serious problems on its hands.

It's possible the Penrith club agreed to this appalling draw in order to get whatever compensation is going, and if that's the case they should inform their supporters accordingly.

Last edited:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
To be honest I don't actually think the Titans have had a great run on FTA either

meltiger

First Grade
No I dont think the Sharks game would be moved, they said they had to move the Roosters game from whenever to the saturday night but then discovered Bledisloe was on that night too at ANZ
They didnt go into much detail

Yup, silly us not wanting a 4 day turnaround.

Wonder who compensates us given we now have to lose money on the game at Leichhardt. I'd say it's not Homebushes problem, guess the NRL?

franklin2323

Immortal
If the TV deal means that poor games are put to FTA ahead of good games (now I could be wrong here and the Titans could have a miraculous run, but at this point in time they have lost 6 straight and look more like bottom 4 than top 8), and clubs have to lose thousands, even tens of thousands of dollars because of ridiculous game times, then I think it is time the whole TV deal matter were looked at from the perspective of the game, its audience and the organisations who risk money to put on the show. In short, the NRL's business model sucks horribly.

I think Panthers-Warriors at 3pm Sunday at Penrith draws 16,000 the way both sides are going. At 6.30pm lucky to get 10,000.

It's more the 2pm game I was thinking we should swap around given the game won't kickoff til 8.30 NZ time really is crazy. Both games are Fox so it's poor planning from Fox

Latest posts