What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 21 - The Roosters

ACTPanthers

Bench
Depends on if he is coming to play or not. Take when Merrin retired he just walked away. TPJ could do the same
Sorry mate, I don't quite understand what you're saying - Are you saying it's a chance TPJ will not even play a game for us, and will just go to the Dogs next season as is contracted? If that's the case, that was a lot of noise for absolutely nothing.

franklin2323

Immortal
Sorry mate, I don't quite understand what you're saying - Are you saying it's a chance TPJ will not even play a game for us, and will just go to the Dogs next season as is contracted? If that's the case, that was a lot of noise for absolutely nothing.

I am saying if that happens. No way we pay anything.. Really depends what the personal reasons are

ACTPanthers

Bench
I am saying if that happens. No way we pay anything.. Really depends what the personal reasons are
Ahh ok, thanks mate.

I tend to think that being contracted with us means we'll have to pay regardless - I mean, do we really think TPJ will be ok with not being paid for his time here? (noted that he hasn't really had "time here" apart from having a photo with a Panthers top on)

I think we'll pay the amount that was agreed on when he signed. Which, knowing that it's a family issue and can't be helped, is still a poor outcome for us.

mxlegend99

Referee
So I understand family is more important than footy, but what does this mean for us in regards to $$ paid for only 3-4 games at max? I’d assume we’d still have to pay what’s in the contract, and rightly so as it’s not TPJs fault, but seems a lot of money with little to no return now this has happened.
It means our fish replacement wont be back til after Fish gets here and we look silly for signing him.

Hopefully he does return though. For finals it would still be a great signing.

ACTPanthers

Bench
It means our fish replacement wont be back til after Fish gets here and we look silly for signing him.

Hopefully he does return though. For finals it would still be a great signing.
Yeah, that's kind of what I'm thinking - Although, after not playing footy for such a long time, I doubt he'd have much of an impact coming in during finals.

(Also, not that it matters when wanting to win, but it'd be a kick in the teeth for the players who played for us to get to finals, then miss out for someone who just comes in as an automatic selection)

murraymob

Coach
TPJ will come back stronger and more gratefull for the understanding of the club
Nathen Taylor reporting there could be another change
Let’s just win this game not matter by what or how ugly.next week we get fish crighton back at least maybe more .The roosters after there game against parra are simply going try to bash us out of the game

ACTPanthers

Bench
TPJ will come back stronger and more gratefull for the understanding of the club
Let’s just win this game not matter by what or how ugly.next week we get fish crighton back at least maybe more .The roosters after there game against parra are simply going try to bash us out of the game
Sorry, but HOW is he coming back stronger, when he won't have played footy for weeks?

murraymob

Coach
He
Sorry, but HOW is he coming back stronger, when he won't have played footy for weeks?
is a impact player who will play 20 minutes now maybe 15 not much will change .Would you prefer him to stay and be a emotional wreck. .while I don’t know exactly what he is leaving for the way it has. Even written up I think I can work it out

mxlegend99

Referee
I think he means he would have more respect for us being so understanding with him and therefore want to be better for us.

Missing game time cant be a good thing for him as far as getting immediate form goes. But hopefully whatever his issues are we help him and he repays us.

Personally I feel we got conned though.

ACTPanthers

Bench
He

is a impact player who will play 20 minutes now maybe 15 not much will change .Would you prefer him to stay and be a emotional wreck. .while I don’t know exactly what he is leaving for the way it has. Even written up I think I can work it out
Woah, not once have I indicated I think he should stay. I'm merely discussing the impact that will have on him actually getting playing time when/if he comes back.

Personally, I don't think he plays for us at all this season. Which would mean we've wasted money and a spot on the roster. (NOTE: I am not blaming anyone for this, there was no way this could've been foretold, but I still think it warrants discussion)

BxTom

Bench
I think he means he would have more respect for us being so understanding with him and therefore want to be better for us.

Missing game time cant be a good thing for him as far as getting immediate form goes. But hopefully whatever his issues are we help him and he repays us.

Personally I feel we got conned though.
Very likely that he will feel he owes and come back determined to put in.

franklin2323

Immortal

I was told May was going to play...but lockdown ruins all my info

maple_69

Bench
I don’t buy that the deal was to cover Fish. It was only ever going to cover him for Roosters/Dragons and one of them at least is a gimme. We got him to beat Melbourne on the 3rd of October. Hopefully he’s only out a few weeks and then gets a few weeks to prove he deserves a spot over Leniu probably.

Assume we’re running the below now. Maybe Hopgood in for Tago/Eisenhuth.

Edwards, Naden, Capewell, Momo, Staines, Burton, Luai, Leota, Api, Martin, Kikau, Sorenson, Yeo, Kenny, Tago, Leniu, Eisenhuth

Latest posts