What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 21 - The Roosters

franklin2323

Immortal
That’s fine mate, but at the end of the day most sides need there best player and as it stands our best and most influential player is out injured. We simply aren’t a threat in this competition without Nathan Cleary 100% fit and healthy.

He won't be 100% healthy though. Maybe you get him 70-80% and the less games he plays the more likely he is still be playing come GF.

Better to get the side used to playing without him now incase it is needed end of the year.

We played Mel last week, play Roosters, Souths and Parra to go. Good for experience and confidence to do it with weaker side now given that is likely who play in finals

Kilkenny

Coach
Kilkenny I totally agree.

Storm last weekend were very good. We were poor on a lot of levels, Luai is two games back from a knee injury.

I'm not predicting miracles but I believe this week we will be better. Even if we defend better, that allows us to stay in the game.

Following week hopefully Nathan, TPJ back (depending on hub stuff) and then the Fish comes back.

Some of the comments here had me going back and rechecking that we weren't in 7th place.
Alice, the final score probably didn’t reflect the effort or the bounce of the ball.

Everything went the way of the Storm two tries on the 6th play and we either bombed a few or couldn’t quite ground the ball by millimetres.

Tomorrow is going to be just as tough. The Rosters are formidable opponents even if they they have many players out.

I so hope we can somehow grind out a win, I really do, but I’m not as confident as others.

Kilkenny

Coach
He won't be 100% healthy though. Maybe you get him 70-80% and the less games he plays the more likely he is still be playing come GF.

Better to get the side used to playing without him now incase it is needed end of the year.

We played Mel last week, play Roosters, Souths and Parra to go. Good for experience and confidence to do it with weaker side now given that is likely who play in finals
We shouldn’t even be thinking about the GF.

We should be focussing on securing 2nd or 3rd, hoping Cleary, To’o can return and hope for the best.

franklin2323

Immortal
We shouldn’t even be thinking about the GF.

We should be focussing on securing 2nd or 3rd, hoping Cleary, To’o can return and hope for the best.

We will finish 3rd at worse. Even if we lose to Souths we are still enough clear

You need to think for the GF because that should be the aim

Kilkenny

Coach
We will finish 3rd at worse. Even if we lose to Souths we are still enough clear

You need to think for the GF because that should be the aim
I think the whole it’s ours to lose narrative is well and truly over.

No fault of anybody just the footy god’s have conspired against us.

The Eels are aiming for the GF, just the same as we are, but you have to be realistic.

We really do need some good fortune and luck to go our way in the run in..

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Alice, the final score probably didn’t reflect the effort or the bounce of the ball.

Everything went the way of the Storm two tries on the 6th play and we either bombed a few or couldn’t quite ground the ball by millimetres.

Tomorrow is going to be just as tough. The Rosters are formidable opponents even if they they have many players out.

I so hope we can somehow grind out a win, I really do, but I’m not as confident as others.

Me either. Storm did get some 50 / 50 calls last week. It's not going to be easy. I think though with Api and Yeo back Luai will do better.

But then I'm never confident going into games.

Kilkenny

Coach
Me either. Storm did get some 50 / 50 calls last week. It's not going to be easy. I think though with Api and Yeo back Luai will do better.

But then I'm never confident going into games.
I’ve lost count, where are we at, 40 wins from our last 45 or 50. We haven’t done to badly all things considered.

We just need a little change of fortune this season, maybe tomorrow night will go someway towards that.

I’ve lost count, where are we at, 40 wins from our last 45 or 50. We haven’t done to badly all things considered.

We just need a little change of fortune this season, maybe tomorrow night will go someway towards that.
We have definitely had a bit of bad luck since the start of Origin with a few players out. They will all be back by the end of season.

Versus Warriors they had no bench after half an hour. Parra missed a kickable goal to win the game versus us. We played the Broncos... So we have had some luck too during this period.

Last edited:

murraymob

Coach
Cleary and TPJ will be back for dragons match .Cleary this game at the earliest .By then we will be humming along with a few of the others back fish crighton .Injuries are never good but the can help refresh a player going into finals

The_Frog

First Grade
Cleary and TPJ will be back for dragons match .Cleary this game at the earliest .By then we will be humming along with a few of the others back fish crighton .Injuries are never good but the can help refresh a player going into finals
TPJ will be out of the bubble.