What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 21 v Roosters

greynurse

Juniors
I was at the training and signing session with my son on Monday and Cootey told my wife that he will play for Windsor next week . Hope he gets the go ahead, would like to see him get some footy under his belt before the end of the season,it should make him keen for next year.

Tryhard

Juniors
I was at the training and signing session with my son on Monday and Cootey told my wife that he will play for Windsor next week . Hope he gets the go ahead, would like to see him get some footy under his belt before the end of the season,it should make him keen for next year.

Good news, hope they aren't thinking of shopping him!

betcats

Referee
A good performance tonight would be a good bday present for me, I won't ask for a win i'm not greedy.

rem286

Juniors
I was expecting a loss and boy did we get one. In reality, with the players we were missing, finishing close would have been a mighty result against the team I think are on their way to a grand final.

Not disappointed with the loss, but very disappointed with how they lost.

Ivan really has his work cut out for him in the off season.

If there was no issue with second tier cap - I would not expect to see Ciraldo or Newton ever wear a Penrith jersey again. Useless.

Moylan - offers plenty in attack but struggles a bit at the back in defence.
Mansour - Just because you can offload, does not mean you have to or that it is a good idea every time
Whare - I am liking him so far
Brown - wouldn't be in my full strength side next year, welcome to Windsor.
Simmons - solid as usual but no flare
Isaac John - what happened to your early form - seems a bit timid in attack of late and his short kicking game is longer than Walshs long kicking game
Walsh - bye Luke
Grant - who stole him and replaced him with this struggling prop we have seen of late
Kingston - too slow and from the audio I heard too nice to be captain
Latimore - bench at best from what he has shown
Manu - was a true Melbourne player early in the season but is fast becoming a Panther
Newton - bye Clint, you should retire now
Docker- bench at best

Seg - Don't think he is the answer yet, too many mistakes in him
Simpkins - thought he was really good tonight but will probably struggle against the other 100 or so back rowers at the club
Ciraldo - useless is the only way I can describe him
Masoe - Big but thats about it

We have a team that really lacks skill, discipline and desire. I hope Ivan is good mates with Harry Potter because it will take some magic to turn things around.

mxlegend99

Referee
I was expecting a loss and boy did we get one. In reality, with the players we were missing, finishing close would have been a mighty result against the team I think are on their way to a grand final.

Not disappointed with the loss, but very disappointed with how they lost.

Ivan really has his work cut out for him in the off season.

If there was no issue with second tier cap - I would not expect to see Ciraldo or Newton ever wear a Penrith jersey again. Useless.

Moylan - offers plenty in attack but struggles a bit at the back in defence.
Mansour - Just because you can offload, does not mean you have to or that it is a good idea every time
Whare - I am liking him so far
Brown - wouldn't be in my full strength side next year, welcome to Windsor.
Simmons - solid as usual but no flare
Isaac John - what happened to your early form - seems a bit timid in attack of late and his short kicking game is longer than Walshs long kicking game
Walsh - bye Luke
Grant - who stole him and replaced him with this struggling prop we have seen of late
Kingston - too slow and from the audio I heard too nice to be captain
Latimore - bench at best from what he has shown
Manu - was a true Melbourne player early in the season but is fast becoming a Panther
Newton - bye Clint, you should retire now
Docker- bench at best

Seg - Don't think he is the answer yet, too many mistakes in him
Simpkins - thought he was really good tonight but will probably struggle against the other 100 or so back rowers at the club
Ciraldo - useless is the only way I can describe him
Masoe - Big but thats about it

We have a team that really lacks skill, discipline and desire. I hope Ivan is good mates with Harry Potter because it will take some magic to turn things around.

Have you only ever seen one game ? Some of these guys are seriously underrated.

rem286

Juniors
He should be back within a couple of weeks, meaning that John goes back to Windsor.

Would rather see Walsh to Windsor, no use keeping him when he is gone next year and our chance of making the 8 with our run home is no chance now. Unfortunately due to 2nd tier issues there is not many players that will get a run now. Only forwards that replace Docker and Manu.

rem286

Juniors
Have you only ever seen one game ? Some of these guys are seriously underrated.

This was based mainly on tonight's game, but seriously, how long is a player underrated before they just aren't rated at all. I'm sure many of our players have it in them as we have seen, but the coach needs to get it out them consistently. No use having a blinder here and there like Walsh with crap in between. The last few weeks has been like amateur hour. Some of the mistakes and disarray in attack are a joke.

murraymob

Coach
i am suprised Tim Grant is getting singled out for any critisism he has been our best forward for weeks.Today 113 meters well ahead of the next forward.Our real problem is lack of choices to make changes due to injury through the club.

The season now gone maybe its time to experiment with who we do have.Johns to half moylan to 5/8 simmons to fullback anything to try things to get the leap ahead for next year.I will say i have never death ridden another team but after the smuggness of roosters supporters tonight there the first.They have a good side but without a doubt the game turned on the injuries to docker and manu at half time.
Cleary has a headache selecting a team next week as there may not be a realistic 17 to select

Kilkenny

Coach
Nathan Smith may get a call up for last couple of games. Nice farewell for Nathan. Seriously with another two potential season ending injuries we will be struggling to even field a side next week.

mxlegend99

Referee
Moylan, Brown, mansour, docker, segeyaro are all better then your opinions off one game. Outside of a few knights rejects its hard to agree with many of those opinions.

rem286

Juniors
i am suprised Tim Grant is getting singled out for any critisism he has been our best forward for weeks.Today 113 meters well ahead of the next forward.

Grant was ok but not going as well as we need him to be. I know he isn't getting much support up front but he is still below what we know he can do.

rem286

Juniors
Moylan, Brown, mansour, docker, segeyaro are all better then your opinions off one game. Outside of a few knights rejects its hard to agree with many of those opinions.

So you are happy with all of the mistakes Seg makes on a regular basis, not just tonight?

Moylan is great in attack, as I said, but in my opinion struggles at the back defensively, just as he did at Windsor (yes I have seen the kid play for many years, not just once as you suggest). I believe he is better in halves.

Docker is solid but next year I think his best chance is a bench spot.

Hard to judge Brown as its not his fault he is being played out of position but at centre he is average and again in a fully fit side I think there are players ahead of him for a starting spot next year.

rem286

Juniors

Sorry, I forgot about "Does my hair look good" Mansour. Yes he is a strong runner of the ball, but for every strong run he also throws a crap offload that ends up costing us valuable metres - not just tonight but regularly. I know we dont have many options at the moment but it still does not make him any better.

chrisD

Coach
Every man for themselves edge defence shines through again.

Oh well at least Whare, Mansour and Moylan offer some enjoyment with the ball.

chrisD

Coach
Sorry, I forgot about "Does my hair look good" Mansour. Yes he is a strong runner of the ball, but for every strong run he also throws a crap offload that ends up costing us valuable metres - not just tonight but regularly. I know we dont have many options at the moment but it still does not make him any better.

His offloads work to our advantage on the overwhelming amount of occasions and never lead to mistakes. Besides having the 2 offloads, most tackle breaks, and most metres besides Moylan's 80m run he also earned us 3 penalties.

So which Mansour were you watching exactly?

murraymob

Coach
one thing that stood out tonight was how often the roosters forward where tackled and where not turned over on there back slowing the play down.And how often our forwards where turned on the backs when tackled.The difference this makes in the speed of the play the ball is a lot
The sad thing is our starting pack next week will have Latimore Newton Ciraldo .That in it self is a disaster