What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 21 vs. Dragons Discussion + Voting

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Brisbane really is the home league this days. Have only won 4/9 games at Suncorp this season and still will be a sell out this weekend!

I hope for the fans sake the Broncs can get up. Was there for the Roosters game and was heartbreaking!

AuDragon

Juniors
Brisbane really is the home league this days. Have only won 4/9 games at Suncorp this season and still will be a sell out this weekend!

I hope for the fans sake the Broncs can get up. Was there for the Roosters game and was heartbreaking!
TBH, it wasn't heart breaking for me. We didn't turn up, and although we almost got it, it wouldn't have been deserved*.

Heartbreak was against the Tigers. We so deserved to win that one! :(

Just hoping that the forwards aim up this week, because we've got the second row, halves pairing and back line (especially with Hodgo) to cover pretty much anyone in the comp.

* Not that I wouldn't have taken it with pleasure! ;-)

Country Bronco

Juniors
It's always good to hear your comments, GO. Best of luck to your team on sunday.

4/9 for the year at suncorp. One thing that concerns me about home games this year is that it takes awhile for the crowd to get involved. Each game the away supporters make heaps more noise than what we do. On monday night the crowd lifted and got behind the broncos after 50 minutes and it was electric and you could see the team lift their game. Motivation to anyone going on sunday is simple. Our season is on the line. Pump this side up and cheer them all the way to victory. I know I'll be.

AuDragon

Juniors
It's always good to hear your comments, GO. Best of luck to your team on sunday.

4/9 for the year at suncorp. One thing that concerns me about home games this year is that it takes awhile for the crowd to get involved. Each game the away supporters make heaps more noise than what we do. On monday night the crowd lifted and got behind the broncos after 50 minutes and it was electric and you could see the team lift their game. Motivation to anyone going on sunday is simple. Our season is on the line. Pump this side up and cheer them all the way to victory. I know I'll be.
+1

grandorient

Bench
47,000 tickets already sold!

That is great news and no doubt will be sold out on game day.

Suncorp, full, is a magnificient sight. Your quite right Austyphoon, league is the winner here.

Plenty of Broncs supporters, plenty of Saints supporters; it will certainly be an exciting, colourful stadium, with loads of atmosphere.

GO

Big Pete

Referee
Absolutely CB.

I'd love to see management invest in a dedicated bay of die hard supporters. Give them a reasonable bay to sit in, allow them to bring banners, instruments and reward them with merchandise and you'd have an awesome crew.

Onto the game and I'm really uncertain on how it will play out.

Broncos have more to play for and would've taken a lot out of Monday's game.

But then you have the Dragons who have an impressive record up here, haven't lost two in a row all year and are a much smarter side.

As a fan, I hope the Broncos do get up. It'd be a huge victory in the context of the season and would hopefully spur us on for the coming games.

But I have a sickening feeling that this game will play out a lot like the 2005 clash.

We shall see.

On the plus side, I won't be going to the game. I've never seen the Dragons lose at Suncorp...ever.

beads6

First Grade
I am so pumped for this game, I'll be in the western stand looking like Webcke in my jersey... I've never seen the Broncos beat the Dragons live. It is time for a change. Folau and Lockyer to stat on SUnday.. Lets GO BRONCOS. Time to start our run to the finals.

Steve_oneskie

Juniors
So pumped for this game real shame i can't get up for it, its going to be a real belter of a game in front of a packed suncorp. I for one would love to see a dedicated bay for die hard supporter, they have them in the English Premier League and over in the NBA also and they really fire the teams up over there and it also intimidates other teams i would be a great addition to suncorp.

Oh dear oh dear it almost booked out!!!

SUNCORP STADIUM 1/8/2010
NRL: Brisbane Broncos vs St George Illawarra Dragons
Tickets sold: 50,752
Remaining: 2,458

Steve_oneskie

Juniors
Let me start by saying what the f**k is Batger doing reffing first grade. He was atrocious today, missed so many blatant forward passes by both teams, Folau's second try was a just reward about 3 or 4 times folau was run off the ball. But a great gutsy win by the team, Dragons are going to flop again come the finals, they only have the one play and the broncos run the same play so they know how to nullify it.

4 Hoffman
1 Yow Yeh
1 McCullough

Hoffman was the only real standout, good team victory, honorable mentions to the rest of the team.

DeeJ

Bench
Our defence was really impressive. Great team performance:

3. Hoffman
2. Gillett - his defence was very dominant and marker defence was great
1. Parker

I thought McCullough had improved from previous weeks as well.

renouf

Juniors
McCullough probably has improved, but I think Hunt has gone backwards more so, which makes McC look better. It shows McC is better in the big games.

grandorient

Bench
F'ck,

But well done guys, Broncs deserved the win, congrats.

Not sure about our attack, what existed, you guys handled it without problems

Next week against the Roosters will tell a lot about our future this year.

GO

Steve_oneskie

Juniors
Supposing wallace gets a week off for the high tackle who would you have to replace him? I would have Norman and keep hunt coming off the bench.