What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 22 Eels v manly team list

Avenger

Immortal
Yep not worth the drama. If he cant keep his management in line everytime he is off contract whats the point. Club has gutho over a barrell this time back in 2019 there was a sense of desperation to keep him not anymore. Anyone demanding $1 million is not going to endear any fans.

At least Moses management had no carry on eariler this year maybe because Isaac has been cut off. And mitch told them to zip it this time after what happened when he left the tigers and the media storm that followed him
Moses has been brought up the right way. You never hear any stupid stuff. No stupid haircuts, tattoos and other crap.

He’s all class.

Last edited:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Because:

3 weeks ago sure play the rookies but if the senior players are shitting themselves, are they the players we want to influence our next generation?

not convinced, he's a player (Oldfield) who may never play for us again

Its a good opportunity to play some young blokes against a strong team for mine, I mean we wont win either way so I can't see anything positive in playing him

hindy111

Post Whore
Moses has been brought up the right way. He never hear any stupid stuff. No stupid haircuts, tattoos and other crap.

He’s all class.

Except he is a bit of a mummas boy. Lets face it if you where in a war would you want him standing beside you? He'd most likely cry for his mumma.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Team list up, 2 debuts:

1. Clinton Gutherson
2. Maika Sivo
3. Tom Opacic
4. Waqa Blake
5. Michael Oldfield
6.Dylan Brown
7. Mitchell Moses
8. Isaiah Papali'i
9. Joey Lussick
10. Junior Paulo
11. Shaun Lane
12. Ryan Matterson
13. Nathan Brown
14. Will Smith
15. Bryce Cartwright
16. Marata Niukore
17. Makahesi Makatoa
18. Ray Stone
19. Viliami Penisini
20. Haze Dunster
21. Jakob Arthur
I like the look of that side. I'd be lying if I said it wasn't exciting.

Soto

Bench
Be interesting to see if that is the 17 that runs out.
My concern with Oldfield and Makatoa is neither has played in any competitive games for months...Gee Hipgrave must be so far down the pecking order. Would've liked to see Matto at lock and Nuikore or Carty start in the backrow.
I dont mind Lane back in the 2nd row.
Hardly an imposing bench from Moanly. No Paseka, No Sipley and No Keppie i feel brings us back in the mix.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Be interesting to see if that is the 17 that runs out.
My concern with Oldfield and Makatoa is neither has played in any competitive games for months...Gee Hipgrave must be so far down the pecking order. Would've liked to see Matto at lock and Nuikore or Carty start in the backrow.
I dont mind Lane back in the 2nd row.
Hardly an imposing bench from Moanly. No Paseka, No Sipley and No Keppie i feel brings us back in the mix.
Manly have lost a lot of size all of a sudden.

hindy111

Post Whore

Its a good opportunity to play some young blokes against a strong team for mine, I mean we wont win either way so I can't see anything positive in playing him

And if they go well they will cost an extra 100k for 2022. This might be why they prefer not to

Gazzamatta

Coach
It's a fair point. I also think his time at fullback is almost done. He'd be far more valuable at centre or possibly in the halves if he stayed. I think the pressure of being captain is also telling.
Its amazing how much clearer one thinks when all hope is gone. 😁

strider

Post Whore
So other than Oldfield, I dont see many other alternatives.

Probably would have preferred to see Lane off thebench and niukore start on an edge, with carty coming on an edge during the game and niukore playing middle after that .... but i dont know if it makes alot of difference tbh

golfer

Juniors
And Rankin was our best back.
I agree on Rankin but my observation on Makatoa is that he would start the game and he was responsible for us getting on top. He would have a break and we suddenly lost punch, when he came back on we regained the authority.

Gazzamatta

Coach
OMG. Letter to the fans from Jnr Paulo. Loved it but wtf did he have to mention they would front load their efforts.

84 Baby

Referee

Did you even read what I wrote?
I do not trust the senior players at the moment to be anything more than a detriment to the rookie players development

hindy111

Post Whore
So other than Oldfield, I dont see many other alternatives.

Probably would have preferred to see Lane off thebench and niukore start on an edge, with carty coming on an edge during the game and niukore playing middle after that .... but i dont know if it makes alot of difference tbh

It is what it is. Fergo back next week.

Latest posts