What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 22 v The Sharks

Chins get the wins

First Grade
yes but look at the options now May is out

Turuva is a fullback - 0 NRL games at centre
McLean - SG Ball winger
Cole - can't stay on the field

Ivan who is a defensive coach was going elsewhere unless someone is carving up
This is why Jenkins should have been picked over Peachey at the start of the year

Chins get the wins

First Grade
They clearly don't see Jenkins as a centre option though given he's playing wing only for NSW Cup. That's kind of the end of it no?
Guess so. Peach playing 80min at centre is one of the only ways we can lose this comp, his defensive reads are that bad. I'll stop now no point going over it again and again

Pomoz

Bench
This is why Jenkins should have been picked over Peachey at the start of the year
Now that's why you are sat next to me in the cheap seats munching popcorn and not coaching for a living. You are recommending we play a totally unproven rookie in the centres over a hardened, granted he is imperfect, experienced first grader. Diet coke with the popcorn?

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Now that's why you are sat next to me in the cheap seats munching popcorn and not coaching for a living. You are recommending we play a totally unproven rookie in the centres over a hardened, granted he is imperfect, experienced first grader. Diet coke with the popcorn?
It's too late. I suggested it months ago because Peachey has huge limitations that have never been fixed

WestyLife

First Grade

That logic doesn't work when Ivan himself has eased guys into first grade. Luke is apparently that right now.

Pomoz

Bench
That logic doesn't work when Ivan himself has eased guys into first grade. Luke is apparently that right now.
He has already eased Jenkins into first grade. On the wing. The position he has played in NSW cup. The logic would be that you ease an actual centre into a centre position. Round peg. Round hole.

Playing Jenkins in the centre when he hasn't played there in the NSW cup makes no sense. What are you having, hotdog or pie? My shout....

age.s

First Grade
Re Jenkins being pushed into centre at the start of the year, what if its To'o or Turuva getting these niggling injuries instead of Tago/Critta? Suddenly we need a winger, and we're either sticking a guy there who hasn't played the position regularly (Jenkins) or dumping Crichton there and destabilising the back 5 in a different way. Having that happen on grand final week is another way we lose a premiership. Peachey/Jenkins having simple, structured roles as next drop Center/Wingers respectively gives everyone involved clarity and space to focus on the areas of the game they need to and keeps the squad as stable as possible in case of as wide a variety of potential scenarios as possible.

It feels weird to say this given my history supporting this club, but after 4 incredibly dominant seasons we may need to accept the people running this shit have a method to their madness.

WestyLife

First Grade
He has already eased Jenkins into first grade. On the wing. The position he has played in NSW cup. The logic would be that you ease an actual centre into a centre position. Round peg. Round hole.

Playing Jenkins in the centre when he hasn't played there in the NSW cup makes no sense. What are you having, hotdog or pie? My shout....

He was playing centre and they switched him and brought peachey in.

WestyLife

First Grade
Re Jenkins being pushed into centre at the start of the year, what if its To'o or Turuva getting these niggling injuries instead of Tago/Critta? Suddenly we need a winger, and we're either sticking a guy there who hasn't played the position regularly (Jenkins) or dumping Crichton there and destabilising the back 5 in a different way. Having that happen on grand final week is another way we lose a premiership. Peachey/Jenkins having simple, structured roles as next drop Center/Wingers respectively gives everyone involved clarity and space to focus on the areas of the game they need to and keeps the squad as stable as possible in case of as wide a variety of potential scenarios as possible.

It feels weird to say this given my history supporting this club, but after 4 incredibly dominant seasons we may need to accept the people running this shit have a method to their madness.

They clearly know what they're doing. Can't blame people for a lack of faith in Peachey's defence though.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade

and lots of salt it would seem.

Girds89

Bench
For all the silly mistakes peach has in his game he has moments of brilliance to and is a real try scorer. He knows how to find the line.

My days of questioning ivans coaching are done.. he clearly knows what he is doing and is the best man for the job.

If hes picking the peach its cause he is the best option.

On another note... whilst we havent been overly great in nsw cup. I have been impressed by lisati off the bench at times. Hes coming along nicely and with a really big preseason could be the impact replacement we need for lenui.

Iamback

Coach
For all the silly mistakes peach has in his game he has moments of brilliance to and is a real try scorer. He knows how to find the line.

My days of questioning ivans coaching are done.. he clearly knows what he is doing and is the best man for the job.

If hes picking the peach its cause he is the best option.

On another note... whilst we havent been overly great in nsw cup. I have been impressed by lisati off the bench at times. Hes coming along nicely and with a really big preseason could be the impact replacement we need for lenui.

If he can stay on the field for the rest of the year, We will see the best of him

Unfortunately, true. I get Tyrone May 2020 GF vibes every time I watch Peach defend. The try between him and Luai was horrible.
It was horrible. Their first try was a little questionable as it seemed that Burton was held before offloading the ball. Last try off the bomb was absolutely arsey so nothing can be done about that.

That 2nd try, however, gave me 2001
& 2007 vibes 😨

Latest posts