What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 22 vs. Dragons Discussion + Voting

AceAv

Juniors
Yeah 9 day turn around. Confidence in our halves, home game adv vs a side who's seasons gone and has a pretty poor record @ Suncorp. All we need is for Griffin to wake up and drop Wallace for a real hooker and good hard game from our fwds & we got this.

One of those games where if we win: it needs to be 20+ points.

Bretto

Bench
Man, I should really get to this game. Anyone going who might want to let me tag along?

Ghoulies

Bench
I'm not expecting miracles (i.e. that 20+ point win AceAv is hoping for), but I am confident that we're in better shape than the Drags at the moment and are a good shot at winning.

Big Pete

Referee
For those wondering, Jordan Kahu isn't expected back until Round 24 according to the Broncos website.

H-Bomb

Juniors
Finally a sunday game. Taking a bunch of 5 year olds for the first ever broncos game. Hoping for the win to help convert them early.Hoping for a nice warm dry day, lots of free flowing footy. Hope the boys dont get confused playing in daylight.

Bretto

Bench
Just bought my ticket. Section 302, row 25, which I believe is on the half way line. First game I've been to for about 2 years due to work -_-. Can't wait.

hooch is crazy

Juniors
Big expectations on this one. St. George-Illawarra shouldn't hold any fears whatsoever. Nothing about them says they can come up here and leave with the two points.

First game of the year for me, too. Can't pass up sunday arvo against the merge. Mmmmmm. I can already smell the $8 hot dogs.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
If Hunt starts, and Maranta doesn't - we got dis.

Of course, it looks like there will be no one ready to fill Maranta's spot, so it should be another clinic on bombing overlaps and balls in open space. It's quite clear that Hodgo just doesn't trust him anymore (if he ever did).

AceAv

Juniors
Broncos v Dragons - 11th August, 3:00pm, Suncorp Stadium | #NRLBRISGI
Broncos
1 Josh Hoffman
2 Corey Oates
3 Jack Reed
4 Justin Hodges
5 Lachlan Maranta
6 Scott Prince
7 Ben Hunt
8 Ben Hannant
9 Andrew McCullough
10 Josh McGuire
11 Sam Thaiday (c)
12 Matt Gillett
13 Corey Parker

Interchange
14 Peter Wallace
15 David Stagg
16 Dunamis Lui
17 Lama Tasi
18 Scott Anderson
19 Jarrod Wallace
20 Nick Slyney

Coach: Anthony Griffin

Dodds out with injury? Good to see hannant is back for a big one

Nerd

Bench
If Hunt starts, and Maranta doesn't - we got dis.

Of course, it looks like there will be no one ready to fill Maranta's spot, so it should be another clinic on bombing overlaps and balls in open space. It's quite clear that Hodgo just doesn't trust him anymore (if he ever did).
Yes I've noticed that. Whenever Hodges gets the ball he seems to look right then veer back into the centre of the field.

PM Lockyer

Juniors
If there is one guy I want to see sniper'd its Lachlan Maranta. But even then I'm sure he would fall over at the right time and hodgo would cop one in the hamstring :roll:

Big Pete

Referee
Team is fairly predictable. SOS Kahu and this must be Wallace's last shot at dummy half.

Looking forward to Sunday. It's been far too long since we've played on a Sunday and I reckon playing in-front of a packed crowd will do the boys a world of good. Hopefully it translates into a strong performance because we're going to need it especially after last week's empty result.

broncos2010

Juniors
Can someone tell me how Wallace is a better option at dummy half then Baptise the guy regular in qld cup or that granville kid?

AceAv

Juniors
We all agree that Wal should be dropped to qcup and bap or gran in as utility instead.. But obviously Griffin wants to play it safe and have an "experienced" halve play utility incase hunt/prince go down...

Im happy enough he was finally dropped to bench and think it's only a matter of time before he dissapears off the Team List entirely...

Can't wait for this game. Really feel a good win coming up...

Dazzat

First Grade
I truly believe the Griffin is somewhat scared to make drastic changes to the team, in particularly with players with high value contracts.

I think he's scared of the Courier Mail headlines.

In the case of Maranta ... stupidity comes to mind.

H-Bomb

Juniors
Chris Garry posted on twitter this morning that under 20's winger Jordan Drew was training outside Hodges today. Says apparently broncos say Maranta will play, doesn't know why Drew was training there.

Latest posts