What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 22 Vs Dragons

Spencer definitely pulled up injured after a tackle in the first half but yep I was expecting a lot more out of him this year but he is only 20. If we look at a guy like Fish it took him years to develop into a dominant middle so I probably need to temper my expectations a little for Spencer, it is such a physical position he is playing in.
Serious question, but what do people want to see out of Spencer in terms of development? Is it more minutes? Get rid of the small error? He looks pretty impactful when he comes on. For me, that has been Leota’s development; largely got rid of the once (or more a game) brain explosion and playing more minutes.

As I said, not trying to question people’s views but like to understand what others would like to see.

betcats

Referee
Serious question, but what do people want to see out of Spencer in terms of development? Is it more minutes? Get rid of the small error? He looks pretty impactful when he comes on. For me, that has been Leota’s development; largely got rid of the once (or more a game) brain explosion and playing more minutes.

As I said, not trying to question people’s views but like to understand what others would like to see.

For me its just sustaining that impact for an extended period. He definitely has had impact plenty of times but at other times he just looks like he is struggling to keep up a bit.

Whino

Bench
I

have seen the video rewatched the game.Api will get off. JWH pushes him he pushes back a rooster player grabs the back of the jersey throws him to the ground he does not retaliate that’s it .Not even worth going on report

I wouldn't be so sure. Common sense is a rare thing on the judiciary panel.

DinkyDi

Juniors
No Nathan, and I was hoping that Taylan May would be given another go.

NRL Teamlist: Round 22​

AuthorPanthers MediaTimestampTue 10 Aug 2021, 03:56 PM

Share on social media​

Panthers coach Ivan Cleary has named his squad to face St George Illawarra Dragons in Women in League Round at Suncorp Stadium on Friday.
Kurt Capewell (suspension) and Spencer Leniu (ankle) are unavailable for selection but Stephen Crichton returns after serving his one-game ban.
Brent Naden has overcome a hamstring injury to be named on the wing while Tevita Pangai Junior and Nathan Cleary have been included in the reserves.
Moses Leota this week celebrates the milestone of his 100th NRL game.
The Panthers will wear the 2021 Home Jersey.

1. Dylan EDWARDS - sponsored by Soneta Plumbing
2. Charlie STAINES - sponsored by Chemtools
3. Stephen CRICHTON - sponsored by Protech Locksmiths
4. Paul MOMIROVSKI - sponsored by Hertz
5. Brent NADEN - sponsored by Granville PlastaMasta
6. Matt BURTON - sponsored by Wisdom Dental and Denture Clinic
7. Jarome LUAI - sponsored by CC Tyres Penrith
8. Moses LEOTA - sponsored by East Blaxland Butchery
9. Apisai KOROISAU - sponsored by Casella Express
10. Matt EISENHUTH - sponsored by Hix Group
11. Viliame KIKAU - sponsored by Fornari's Interior Linings
12. Liam MARTIN - sponsored by MKJ Projects
13. Isaah YEO (c) - sponsored by Chardon & Abbott Home Loans
14. Mitch KENNY - sponsored by Wright Way Plumbing & Civil
15. Scott SORENSEN - sponsored by Cetnaj Wetherill Park
16. J'maine HOPGOOD - sponsored by Potter Automotive
17. Izack TAGO - sponsored by El Gringos Locos
18. Tevita PANGAI JUNIOR - sponsored by Stylus Blinds
19. Jaeman SALMON - sponsored by Uphire
20. Taylan MAY - sponsored by Lonestar Rib House & Brews Penrith
21. Nathan CLEARY - sponsored by You. Me. Brand. Now.

Last edited:

age.s

First Grade
Disappointing, but plenty of potential changes possible. Wouldn't be surprised to see any of the 18-21 end up playing.

betcats

Referee
Would love to see Tago and Critta in the centres assuming Nathan doesnt play. We know Mom can come in and do a job for us if needed, would be good to see what Tago can offer considering he really hasnt put a foot wrong yet

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
There is no way the Tuesday team runs out that way 1-17 Friday night.

I think Nathan Cleary in, Burton back to centre, Mom out, May for Naden, Tago on bench, along with TPJ

It will be fascinating how it ends up being.

Yes thank goodness. He will be Fresh, willing and VERY scary. 🤣
Two weeks in a room with a baby and a toddler... I am sure he will be willing to do anything to get out of there so will be ripping in, but he will be anything but fresh...

Having done 2 weeks quarantine myself a few weeks ago I would actually ease him in. The body becomes stiff because you aren’t moving as much as normal. Having said that, I know someone posted on here that they had got him a lot of equipment (and importantly a treadmill) so maybe he will come out less impacted than us mere mortals. Would hate for him to come out and have a soft tissue issue just to get back on the field quicker.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Two weeks in a room with a baby and a toddler... I am sure he will be willing to do anything to get out of there so will be ripping in, but he will be anything but fresh...

Having done 2 weeks quarantine myself a few weeks ago I would actually ease him in. The body becomes stiff because you aren’t moving as much as normal. Having said that, I know someone posted on here that they had got him a lot of equipment (and importantly a treadmill) so maybe he will come out less impacted than us mere mortals. Would hate for him to come out and have a soft tissue issue just to get back on the field quicker.

Know the club were very aware of this remember Staines last year when he went to hospital, sustained a hammy injury. I think Fish's partner is training to be a physio too.....so that would help. He's also a bit of a gym junkie. Can see him off the bench first game. May do the same with Nathan also.

Latest posts