What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 22 vs Panthers

Walpole

Juniors
I think most of us realised weeks ago that the season was gone, yet it seems the person closest to the team is a bit slow on the uptake. Now is the time to be testing out the young blokes. If Sloan is going to be our fullback next season then he should be there now. Amone and Sullivan should be in the halves - I don't know if they're good enough but let's find out. Throw the Feagai's in the backline. Bird needs to be at centre or "edge forward", not out the back - he won't be fullback next year so why is he now? The only thing we've got to look forward to for the rest of the season is seeing if the young blokes can start to realise some of their potential, let's get on with it.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
IF we win another game this year strange as it may sound this would be the one.

No way Griffin has forgotten his shabby treatment from the Panthers.

Griffin may not have forgotten but I'm pretty sure Dragons players don't care.

I reckon our best chance at winning another game is Souths in the last round - but only if Bennett rests most of his A-team for the finals

Dragsters

First Grade
I think most of us realised weeks ago that the season was gone, yet it seems the person closest to the team is a bit slow on the uptake. Now is the time to be testing out the young blokes. If Sloan is going to be our fullback next season then he should be there now. Amone and Sullivan should be in the halves - I don't know if they're good enough but let's find out. Throw the Feagai's in the backline. Bird needs to be at centre or "edge forward", not out the back - he won't be fullback next year so why is he now? The only thing we've got to look forward to for the rest of the season is seeing if the young blokes can start to realise some of their potential, let's get on with it.

I think the answer lies in last weeks press conference.

Hook still believes we can make the 8 and while he does he's going to pick the most experienced players, even if that means playing them out of position.

If we lose this game, that logic can no longer apply and I would expect to see all the rookies in from there on out...

Last edited:

Gomarchin

Juniors
Griffin may not have forgotten but I'm pretty sure Dragons players don't care.

I reckon our best chance at winning another game is Souths in the last round - but only if Bennett rests most of his A-team for the finals
I think the Souths reserves squad (who haven't played in 6-7 weeks) could beat our lot.

Let's face it we're rubbish and playing the way we expected us to play before a ball was kicked this season.

The early season wins were a false dawn and couldn't be sustained.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Gee that Matt Burton from the Panthers is a goer and a good'n. The Bulldogs have a great one going there next year. He can run with speed, is strong and can kick goals. They will have him, Dufty, Addo-Carr, Brent Naden, Paul Vaughan, Tevita Pangai Jnr but they will also have Trent Barrett and Gus Gould the ring leader.
Yep- could be the next Jonathan Thurston-but are the Bulldogs the right club for his development?- particularly with the confusion surrounding the No 7 position.

Dragon David

First Grade
Yep- could be the next Jonathan Thurston-but are the Bulldogs the right club for his development?- particularly with the confusion surrounding the No 7 position.
What my opinion is, is that the Bulldogs will improve heaps next year and they will have the forwards and backs to get into the top 8. Burton doesn't really need much more development as he has natural ability to be SOO material possibly even next year.

Any player with natural instincts for playing any sport gives them an edge over many other players who just go through the robotic motions without thinking 2-3 moves ahead. You need to be able to think in advance and anticipate well to be on top, not just to throw the ball around or just catch it.

Reggie miller

Juniors
I think the people seem to have a very short memory about Burton’s performances in 2021. Yes , he played the game of his life last week but If we look the previous 20 rounds . He has been very “solid” playing in the centre’s (with the support of the best 6/7 combo in the comp) but has been average at best when playing as no.6.. I personally don’t think he will be the bulldogs savour.
But would I want him to be signed for my club in 2022- of course !!!

Illusion

Bench
Clearys playing tomorrow, here's another 40 job coming our way...
Mickey ,if he plays or not still going to cop a hiding ..... Our defense is crap ( something that Hook is big on ) and attack love him or hate him without Duff they are like a pop gun ..... So defensively we are sh*t either way so why not play Duff , Sloan , Sullivan ......

Maddragon99

Juniors
24hr notice. Beale still at Centre & Bird still at Fullback. Griffin isn’t even giving us a fighting chance. Not sure I’m going to bother watching the game we’re going to get absolutely smashed.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I think the people seem to have a very short memory about Burton’s performances in 2021. Yes , he played the game of his life last week but If we look the previous 20 rounds . He has been very “solid” playing in the centre’s (with the support of the best 6/7 combo in the comp) but has been average at best when playing as no.6.. I personally don’t think he will be the bulldogs savour.
But would I want him to be signed for my club in 2022- of course !!!
Rome wasn’t built in a day. Burton like all players need development, combinations and a team around them. I predict Burton will be an all time great. He has it all, size, speed, huge boot, footwork, passing. As he plays more the game will slow down for him like it has for Cleary and he’ll start becoming more creative.