What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 22 vs Panthers

Old Timer

Coach
It’s a game Penrith may take lightly
Penrith want to finish 2nd on the ladder and will take nothing lightly as they will want to ensure their + / - is well in advance of the Bunnies especially as they have to play them before season's end.

I fully expect Cleary to have plenty of game time to test his shoulder as he will need match fitness and better they find out now rather than lose him against the Bunnies or the Eels and lose one of those games (not saying it can't happen against them but if he was already out they will have already adjusted)

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
What my opinion is, is that the Bulldogs will improve heaps next year and they will have the forwards and backs to get into the top 8. Burton doesn't really need much more development as he has natural ability to be SOO material possibly even next year.

Any player with natural instincts for playing any sport gives them an edge over many other players who just go through the robotic motions without thinking 2-3 moves ahead. You need to be able to think in advance and anticipate well to be on top, not just to throw the ball around or just catch it.
I guess I was basing my comments on a pretty ordinary performance he put in when both Cleary and Luai were out injured and I (think) he was playing outside Tyrone May and suddenly had all the responsibility for running the side. He blossomed as soon as Luai returned.

Not sure Flanagan and Averillo are at Luai's level.

Smug Panther

First Grade
Penrith want to finish 2nd on the ladder and will take nothing lightly as they will want to ensure their + / - is well in advance of the Bunnies especially as they have to play them before season's end.

I fully expect Cleary to have plenty of game time to test his shoulder as he will need match fitness and better they find out now rather than lose him against the Bunnies or the Eels and lose one of those games (not saying it can't happen against them but if he was already out they will have already adjusted)
The only difference in finishing 2nd or 3rd is the jersey we wear week 1. We are playing Souths in Qld no matter what

Old Timer

Coach
The only difference in finishing 2nd or 3rd is the jersey we wear week 1. We are playing Souths in Qld no matter what
IMO if you want to send a message to your opposition winning every game and having a great + / - is the best way to do it.

A lot of momentum to be gathered if they do so.

Gareth67

First Grade

I had to read that post thrice thinking that you were talking about the Dragons . Thought that I had just awoken from a horrible nightmare to discover that the Big Red V was actually at the top of the competition ladder .

Then I saw your ugly mug on the avatar and realized that the nightmare was real . 🥺

murraymob

Coach
I can see it now, 1 minute left, dragons on the 50 metre line. They swing the ball out to Lomax. Lomax, chip and chase, regathers. Beats 3 panthers to score in the corner. Cracker of a try…final score. Panfers 50 dragons 4
And Griffen in his press conference says we tried hard we are getting better

Latest posts