What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 23 - Rabbitohs vs Panthers: Thursday 18th August 7:50pm @Accor Stadium

Steenson123

Juniors
Mitchell and Graham should both sit.
It appears they are giving Tom B another week so why not the other two as well?
We are only going to finish 5th at best. The final game v Easts may not count for anything so keeping key players i.e, Mitchell, Murray, Alex J, Cook, Walker, Tom B fresh is what really counts, not short term egos.

Steenson123

Juniors
Y
Would you consider resting latrell this round considering we need him for the finals ?
Si! And Graham, Tom B, Ilias and whoever needs a rest. Murray, Walker and Cook too should be spelled in the last two weeks for one round because they are absolutely vital to the post-season campaign.
We are NOT going to make 4th spot so Demetriou needs to be smart. Forget the hulabaloo v Easts what really counts is the week AFTER Easts and on. There is where our focus as fans should be too.

callmack1

Staff member

Rabbits20

Immortal

Love Chaps there giving it to the media with his f bomb that’s gold!

So Trell on Monday and Tuesdays has barely trained since he has come back from injury and the media only noticed now and made a mountain out of nothing!

Trell looks good to me all players are carrying niggles at this time of year!

Brilliant video that what access from the boys from Rabbitohs TV

Rabbits20

Immortal
I dunno about all you guys but I’m starting to get really pumped let’s all urge the boys on as much as we can tomrrow you have done a good job at the game when you come home with voice running on empty!

LETS GO

SOUTH SYDNEY CLAP CLAP CLAP

Rabbits20

Immortal

Cam Murray briefly talks to Mavo says the boys are all ready to go and that it’s an absolutely massive test for us!

Rabbits20

Immortal
WEARING NUMBER 4 WELCOME BACK CCCAAAMMMPPPBBBEEELLLLLLLL GGGRRRAAAAAHHHAAAMMMM!

Cant wait for this tomrrow night when they go through team lists on the big screen I’ll try get it on a small video for ya Callmack I’m so happy he’s back!

callmack1

Staff member
I've woken up today really feeling it. You just know it's a massive game day today, there's something in the air! We take on the defending Premiers, the Panthers tonight in what is sure to be an absolute blockbuster and I'm super pumped, it doesn't get much bigger than this in the regular Season. We've build up an insane rivalry with Penrith over the past three years and I now feel it's a rivalry built on genuine hate. Well, that's how I feel anyway. I hate these pricks with a passion and would love nothing more than to knock them down a peg tonight. They're cocky, arrogant, self-entitled pricks. Let's wipe that smug little smile off their faces.

In saying that, the Panthers are one hell of a side there's no doubt about that. They've only lost three times so far this year, are the defending Premiers, and are first for a reason so this is going to be a massive test for us. Huge challenge no doubt. They are without their halves and a starting front rower but aside from that, they're pretty much full strength so we don't get much respite, certainly not as much as we thought we were going to earlier on in the week. They still have superstars like To'o, Crichton, Leota, Koroisau, Kikau, and Yeo playing so we're still going to need to be on our toes. The guys that are in for all their injured or suspended stars are still good quality too as they've shown. I think the key battle once again is the forward battle. We've been absolutely rolling through teams lately, but can we do it against the best of the best? Time will tell.

For us, once again it's about going up those levels that JD spoke about the other week. Every game from now on is bigger and more important than the last so we need to step up those levels every week, this one is no different. It will be Finals-like intensity. That last game against the Eels was simply brilliant and if we go out there and play like that tonight, then we'll be very hard to beat. But that's the challenge, can we go out there and back it up? I think we can, but time will tell. Complete your sets, execute and show the kind of defensive resolve we did last week. We get two massive ins this week with Graham and Ilias all back on deck for this monster clash. That'll be a huge boost for us. I'd just really like to see us go out and stick it to Penrith in front of our home fans in a high-stakes game.

While beating the Panthers tonight wouldn't erase the pain of last year's Grand Final, it would help just a little bit. We need to use that as motivation tonight. remember what happened last year, remember the pain, remember the burn and use that to fuel you. We have a chance to make a real statement once again tonight and I know the boys can do it!! Let's goooooo!!!

Rabbits20

Immortal

Well here we are Game Day is once again upon us Thursday Night Footy our run home continues with another blockbuster. That’s right a massive one tonight against a bitter rival of ours over the last few years playing reigning premiers Penrith. Penrith as we know have been scintillating over the last 2-3 years by far the best team. They have become very arrogant as well so I would love nothing more than to wipe the smile off their faces. Tonight we meet them on our turf which will help a bit I think and looking forward to a solid turnout from our members and fans. For us we have been going really well of late and now up to 5th but what we’ve done in previous weeks we can’t rely on and just think it’ll happen we have to start from scratch this week and rip in!

Looking at Penrith yes Cleary, Luai and JFH are big losses but they still are the best defensive team by far in the NRL. Last week we saw how well the Storm played and won against them but Penrith only conceded 15 points. Also in attack they still have a a great back 5, their 1, 2 and 5 just make so many metres Edwards, To’o and May simply don’t stop. And then they have a very strong pack still even minus JFH they have Yeo, Kikau, Martin, Leota and Api who are dangerous so all these guys can still create in attack.

Looking at us we are still without Tom, but we get Campbell, Ilias and DSF back which are massive boosts for us. Campbell back pushes Jaxson back to wing which I think is his best position. For us tonight it starts with starting strong and fast we need our middles to win that battle over Penrith. We can’t afford any cheap errors. We need to kick to corners and have strong kick chase. We can not give cheap penalties away. In defence we need to have a strong line speed and stop the offloads DONT LET THEM OFFLOAD WRAP THEM UP SOUTHS AND FORCE EM INTO ERROR!! In attack we must be patient and stay calm build pressure kick it into the in goal and get repeat sets make Penrith work.

Well not long til the players run out onto Accor Stadium so good to see so much red and green in the stands here on this Thursday Night as we see your 5th placed South Sydney Rabbitoys take on the reigning premiers and 1st placed Penrith Panthers. A win tonight for our boys would keep our chances at a top 4 spot still alive so let’s get right behind the boys for the full 80mins lets make sure the Penrith Panthers and everyone watching at home knows that this is a South Sydney Home game and South Sydney home turf.

Ok as we look down the tunnel here at Accor Stadium we can see the Panthers starting to make their way down the tunnel............................................. Rabbitohs Members and Rabbitohs Supporters please give a warm South Sydney welcome to the Penrith Panthers...... BBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1......

OK RABBITOHS MEMBERS AND RABBITOHS SUPPORTERS ITS TIME TO GET ON YOUR FFEEEEEEETTTTTTTT........... SHOW THE COLOURS CLAP YOUR HANDS STAMP YOUR FEET SCREAM YOUR LUNGS OUT........ MAKE PLENTY OF NOISE FOR YOUR BOYS HERE THEY COME YOUR SOUTH SYDNEY RRRAAAABBBIIITTTTOOOHHHSSSSSS!!!!!!!

LETS GO RABBITOHS!!!!

P.S.... I tend to find Penrith get away with lots of leeway in the ruck they have it down to a fine art and standing 2-3 metres offside every tackle in defence as well. So let’s make sure we all let Adam Gee know about it relentlessly.......... coming home with your voice running on empty is a job well done!

BBBOOOOOOOOOO HAVE A LOOK GEE THEY ARE DOING IT EVERY TACKLE GET EM ONSIDE THEY ARE ALL IN FRONT OF YOU WHERES THE PENALTY

WHEN IS HE HELD HOW LONG CAN THEY LAY ON FOR BBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

SECOND EFFORT GEE SECOND EFFORT SIX MORE SIX MORE LEG PULL SIR

WHAT ABOUT REFFING FOR BOTH TEAMS GEE HAVE A LOOK!!!!

GO YOU GOOD THINGS!!!!!!!!!! FIRE UP EVERYONE FIIIRREEE UUUUPPPPP!!!

LETS WIPE THE SMILE OFF THESE ARROGANT PRICKS FACES!!!!

callmack1

Staff member
The big Latrell change, brutal calls and 'unnoticed' weapon behind Souths' resurgence: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...u/news-story/75644d307af2698bb6ce962db3748f9d

From Fox Sports also,

UNSUNG HERO OF SOUTHS’ FINALS CHARGE

The new breed of successful NRL coaches in Todd Payten, Craig Fitzgibbon and Kevin Walters have rightfully received huge plaudits for the way they’ve transformed the fortunes of their clubs this season.

But you’ve also got to include South Sydney’s first-year NRL coach Jason Demetriou in the same conversation after the way he’s kept the Bunnies ticking over perfectly following the departure of supercoach Wayne Bennett.

Previously when Wayne left St George Illawarra, Newcastle and then Brisbane the second time around, the incoming coach found following Wayne an impossible Rubik’s cube.

But where Demetriou has been smart was in cutting his teeth at a variety of different clubs under different coaches at NRL level and winning premierships in the Queensland Cup and NSW Cup.

It’s clearly given the South Sydney coach an outstanding all-round grounding in terms of all of the different unforeseen curve balls that can morph out of nowhere when you sign up for life in the NRL coaching hot seat.

If Souths can beat an understrength Panthers on Thursday night then the Bunnies are still alive for a top four finish when they face the Cowboys in round 24 and arch-rivals the Roosters in round 25.

If Souths finish in the top four – considering they were missing Latrell Mitchell for eight games from round five onwards – then Demetriou has done an outstanding job in his first season as an NRL head coach.

callmack1

Staff member
I was feeling fine this morning, but my nerves have really built throughout the day. Feeling it right now!!

I feel somewhat confident but very nervous at the same time.

Latest posts