What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 23 - Rabbitohs vs Panthers: Thursday 18th August 7:50pm @Accor Stadium

Steenson123

Juniors
N
That’s pretty f**ked. The bloke had a mare, but no one should cop shit like that.
When you break it down 2 of his 4 errors weren’t on him anyway. Good D from May & a shocking pass from Latrell when he should have gone himself. I hope he gets a run next week and kills it.
Negative, Paulo has become Penrith's best. He was chaotic and mistake riddled in the GF and has was even worse this time out.
Paulo is what he is: a Jeremie Boga, Juan Musso style player who helps THE OTHER SIDE WIN! Opponents laugh at them just waiting for their errors and chaotic non-performance.
Why this guy has not been cut is a total mystery. Management has made a very poor judgement. Team has been winning IN SPITE of Paulo's presence for 18 months now and they have not yet found somebody to replace him. Thompson may be that guy however.

Steenson123

Juniors
Let's face it.
We have a highly potent squad capable, as Slater and others have stated, of sinking anyone. Its simply a matter of eliminating idiotic errors and greater focus, as against Melbourne or Parramatta. And finding a proper flanker opposite Alex.
We should have put 30+ on Penrith yes they did not have Iron Man or Luna Park but they had all the others. That's a feat very few other squads can achieve. Penrith, even minus those two, are still a very tough powerful outfit yet we should have put 30+ on them. That's difficult to do unless you have extraordinary talent.

Steenson123

Juniors
No. Y
Even if he had four terrible errors (and as you mention @soc123_au there were extenuating circumstances) no excuse for intimidating the poor bloke.
You redneck lot should love Paulo after his pathetic GF and his gifts on 18 Aout. Error after error helping the OPPONENT always!! The easy pick 6 he stuffed ended up being a 14 point turnaround and that's putting your squad under enormous difficulty.
You will not be so considerate if big Isaac Thompson is there next time. Totally different proposition.

Steenson123

Juniors
You
Too many excuses here. Blame the refs or a single player all you like. The completion rate is just one stat that shows Penrith are a well-drilled footy team in comparison to Souths. The Panthers relentless line speed and subsequently winning a large proportion of the play-the-ball is another. For several seasons now, Souths have relied on the brilliance of some skilled players to score tries which other teams don't have. If Souths had the discipline of your Penrith's and Melbourne's and showed the same consistent effort and commitment to the one-percenters, they'd be so dominant it's not funny. Unfortunately, they don't and they aren't.
You make a good point. At present we have more of a finesse squad rather than Championship one. Far too many errors and lack of focus. However, we did show what was capable contra Melbourne and Parramatta recently and that surely must drive Demetriou and Hornby mad.

No. Y

You redneck lot should love Paulo after his pathetic GF and his gifts on 18 Aout. Error after error helping the OPPONENT always!! The easy pick 6 he stuffed ended up being a 14 point turnaround and that's putting your squad under enormous difficulty.
You will not be so considerate if big Isaac Thompson is there next time. Totally different proposition.
Are you suggesting intimidating the poor bloke is appropriate? Because apparently he is some Penrith double agent? Are you even reading what you are posting?

I think ultimately of the four errors he made two are on Latrell for having too big a gut and too small a heart. Latrell should have put his foot down on the break but instead through a poor pass that was over the head of a young bloke busting a gut to catch up. On the last drop that is the fullback’s ball as he should be coming forward to it. From what I have seen in the games of Penrith versus Souths when Latrell plays it is his defensive efforts and fear of catching bombs that is Penrith’s greatest asset.

The other two Paulo drops are all on the young man, but I repeat that is no reason for sending the kid death threats.

Steenson123

Juniors
I
Are you suggesting intimidating the poor bloke is appropriate? Because apparently he is some Penrith double agent? Are you even reading what you are posting?

I think ultimately of the four errors he made two are on Latrell for having too big a gut and too small a heart. Latrell should have put his foot down on the break but instead through a poor pass that was over the head of a young bloke busting a gut to catch up. On the last drop that is the fullback’s ball as he should be coming forward to it. From what I have seen in the games of Penrith versus Souths when Latrell plays it is his defensive efforts and fear of catching bombs that is Penrith’s greatest asset.

The other two Paulo drops are all on the young man, but I repeat that is no reason for sending the kid death threats.
I never argued in favour of threats.
Paulo is what he is: immature, lacks self-confidence and for every good thing there is always three or four bad ones. That's a player no good football side can carry, in any code you want.
Besides you lot out Far West [personally I never go further West than Leichhardt/Haberfield] should have Infarctions over... Parramatta your own Kryptonite. We have little trouble against them but not Iron Man and the gang. Parramatta are scary when they fire, their pack is awesome led by Freddie Mercury II up front and chances are you will face them again in sudden death.

Latest posts