What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 23 v The Bloody Bulldogs

Kolum Kid

Juniors
Been too busy discussing "football" with all my Bronc mates ha,ha, to post since the win against the storm.
All I can wish for now is that the football team in the reject shop can show some consistency this weekend for 2 in a row.
Also congrats to Saints forever who predicted a win by 2 points. What's the prediction for this week?

2010Dragons

Bench
The filthy purple storm made more uncharacteristic unforced errors then the usual Dragons dumb unforced errors.
Dragons had more field position and more possession when it counted. ChUNT ACTUALLY kicked the ball better Munster.
If the dirty bulldogs give up cheap possession and unforced errors and my beloved dragons get more then 50% of the plays then we have a good chance to win with revenge and redemption.

TheRev

First Grade
I decided to listen to 360.. it was 20 minutes of bulldogs love-in and Anasta kept asking buzz over and over.. which story was better Ciraldos or Flanagans.. it was a loaded question as usual.

I would love so much to shut them up for a week atleast.. but yes gonna be very hard to get back up again after that storm game.. Titans as aswell are on fire..

mickeylane

Bench
I'm confident we can beat The Dogs next week.....it's about time we had a back to back tireless effort.....obviously we still have work to do but beating The Storm on their home turf must be an enormous confidence boost going into this one.....the Dogs would have sat up and taken notice of our performance trust me and know they have to bring their A game to Kogarah........we hit the Cheats yesterday hard and often and the more the game went on the more frustrated they became because we didn't take a backward step and kept turning up for each other.....message to the boys leave Dr Hyde in the dressing room please and let Dr Jeckl run amok....tackle your guts out, kick to the corners, put pressure on Burton on the 5th and cause havoc on the edges.....it's that simple...and please I don't want a repeat of Flanno and myself looking through 1 eye with 5 mins to go
We have a big team.. full of size and that’s what w beat the Bulldogs.. plus it largely depends on which Ben Hunt w turn up on Sat.. hoping the Melb Storm version!

Dragon David

First Grade
We have a big team.. full of size and that’s what w beat the Bulldogs.. plus it largely depends on which Ben Hunt w turn up on Sat.. hoping the Melb Storm version!
Ben Hunt will have a point to prove when he lines up against young Toby Sexton (who one day could end up replacing Adam Reynolds at the Broncos).

Ben will be marking Sexton and making sure he doesn't get things all his way. We have got to neutralise that Burton Bomber somehow without giving away penalties. Burton's kicks have created havoc and I just hope the Dragons have a suitable plan to nullify him and also to have a couple of guys help Sloan when those projectiles start coming down on him.

Flanno will get consistency from his players for this game at Kogarah. It will be a give and take and tight game and I am going to predict we win it sometime towards the end of the game.

Ben Hunt will have a point to prove when he lines up against young Toby Sexton (who one day could end up replacing Adam Reynolds at the Broncos).

Ben will be marking Sexton and making sure he doesn't get things all his way. We have got to neutralise that Burton Bomber somehow without giving away penalties. Burton's kicks have created havoc and I just hope the Dragons have a suitable plan to nullify him and also to have a couple of guys help Sloan when those projectiles start coming down on him.

Flanno will get consistency from his players for this game at Kogarah. It will be a give and take and tight game and I am going to predict we win it sometime towards the end of the game.
Has Hunt seen the light?
I thought he had in one of the earlier rounds. Wasn't I wrong.

I'll go with you DD - After all there is probably an extension on the line.

BLM01

First Grade
The Dogs have won all 9 of their home games but only 2 of 10 Away games this year.
We were awful last time we played the Dogs, Ravalawa particularly missed everything - that game was the one that saw him and Bird dropped and Lomax get 10 in the bin.. I don't think the Dogs will have it so easy this time around on the hallowed turf of Jubilee against a Dragons team that are starting to really breath fire. The boys know now what it takes to win after their trip to Melbourne and I think they can back it up with another win at home in front of their own fans. Round 23, just 5 games to go, it's now or never, leave nothing in the tank boys, glory awaits.

Saints by 8.
Bit Harsh. Bird got dropped alright... it looked like he broke his ankle

redv13

Bench
Yeah, that's when Huth was pushed into the centres. Didn't bode well for the end result.
Well from what I remember that night, Saints led 12-6 at halftime and were looking in control. We lost Sele to a shoulder injury after 15 mins then Bird just before halftime.

Early in the 2nd half the honourable Kasey Badger absolutely screwed us when Saints had the dogs under the pump big time. Put a dogs player into touch 20 meters from their line, momentum well and truly in the tackle and Adam Gee called player into touch and of course she said it was a penalty ( Ch 9 commentators all said a very rough call against Saints ).

Dogs kick for touch then score to make it 12 all when it should have been Saints 12-6 and with the ball 20 m out and the dogs with the wobbles and on the ropes

Dragon David

First Grade
Well from what I remember that night, Saints led 12-6 at halftime and were looking in control. We lost Sele to a shoulder injury after 15 mins then Bird just before halftime.

Early in the 2nd half the honourable Kasey Badger absolutely screwed us when Saints had the dogs under the pump big time. Put a dogs player into touch 20 meters from their line, momentum well and truly in the tackle and Adam Gee called player into touch and of course she said it was a penalty ( Ch 9 commentators all said a very rough call against Saints ).

Dogs kick for touch then score to make it 12 all when it should have been Saints 12-6 and with the ball 20 m out and the dogs with the wobbles and on the ropes
Yep. Things really didn't go our way on that day. Bloody Kasey Badger. I hope she stays away from our future games.

We had the momentum and those injuries to Sele and Bird and the Huth going into the centre spot for Bird lost us big time as Huth could not defend out wide. This game on the weekend will be tough for sure but redemption will be the winner.

since77

Juniors
Yep. Things really didn't go our way on that day. Bloody Kasey Badger. I hope she stays away from our future games.

We had the momentum and those injuries to Sele and Bird and the Huth going into the centre spot for Bird lost us big time as Huth could not defend out wide. This game on the weekend will be tough for sure but redemption will be the winner.
Well she's been banned from Souffs games because of her husband working for Souffs. Maybe we should employ him too and we can be rid off her as well.

Yeah I'd forgot about that sideline penalty. Disgraceful. Happened to us one other game too after that - Manly?
Geez we get some shite calls.