What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 23 v The Bloody Bulldogs

TheRev

First Grade
Ai, I dont mean to sound like the game isn't important.. ofcourse it is, as every week is tbh.. but its much less-so after last weeks win which was 2pts we were completely not expecting.. if the storm had of pumped us.. this would basically be a must win to save the season.

We can lose on saturday and our season is still very much alive, but if we do get the win.. apart from the massive confidence and the satisfaction of shutting up the dogs hype-train for a week.. it would then be 2 from 4 to make finals.. that would feel a lot better with games against the titans > sharks > eels > raiders still to play.

Dragon David

First Grade
You know what fellas, I would have been worried about this game if the Dogs were coming 15th instead of 5th. Our approach to the game would have been oh well the Dogs are coming 15th so this should be a win to us and we lose but seeing they are now 5th, our approach would be ah shit, they are coming 5th and they have been playing really well especially with their defence so we are going to play it as hard as last week and win this game, which they will.

Gareth67

First Grade
As Flanagan mentioned after last week’s win over those pack of whiners from Melbourne - “ They have everything to play for now , it’s up to them to put the effort into the games for the next 5 weeks “ .

The Bulldogs are another boogy team for the Big Red V over the last couple of seasons , so they can lay that to rest by playing as they did last week .

Dragons by 6 ! 😇

Last edited:

Phantom V

Juniors
I like how we changes tactics and moved the ball against the Storm which tells me Flanno just may have something up his sleeve for this game. Power vs Speed. If we get a fair run of the green from the ref, Dragons by 8

kit66

Bench
I can’t believe how excited/nervous I am

Don’t want to see this from Ben
View attachment 92122
Wanna see heaps of this
View attachment 92123
And this
View attachment 92124

Can't wait!

Flanno, in the dying minutes last week leaning against the wall in the box, barely able to watch and looking like he was about to throw up, showed he had as much invested in the game as any Dragons tragic. Hope the boys can make us all smile again this week, maybe without the heart in mouth drama near the end though.
I've had a spring in my step all week, I want more of that.

shiloh dc

Juniors
Looks like we have to beef up security for Saturday night. Extra costs for suburban grounds which already incur high costs.
If the game was moved to Allianz the Dragons would have netted over $1M more.
Yes I hear we are entitled to our home ground advantage but think of how many Dragons supporters you know that couldn't get a ticket. We should never never restrict tickets to our supporters.
It wasn't long ago (yes it was) during our golden era, when we had most of our games moved to the SCG. Apart from the financial benefit it allowed any impartial supporters attending from all parts on NSW to start supporting the Dragons.
If we want to be a big club we need to start acting like a big club!

TheRev

First Grade
TheRev, in the dying minutes last week leaning against the wall in his loungeroom, barely able to watch and looking like he was about to throw up, showed he had as much invested in the game as any Dragons tragic.
100%, but how are you getting footage of my loungeroom?

TheRev

First Grade
Looks like we have to beef up security for Saturday night. Extra costs for suburban grounds which already incur high costs.
Yes I hear we are entitled to our home ground advantage but think of how many Dragons supporters you know that couldn't get a ticket. We should never never restrict tickets to our supporters.
It wasn't long ago (yes it was) during our golden era, when we had most of our games moved to the SCG. Apart from the financial benefit it allowed any impartial supporters attending from all parts on NSW to start supporting the Dragons.
We are just starting our journey out of the pits of hell.. if it goes well in 2 years time.. we might be mature and professional enough to give up local games to bigger stadiums and increase our profit margin.

But right now scrapping for every advantage for every win possible is what counts.. we have so far to go before we can actually compete fairly in the player market.. and while everyone is excited after an incredible win last week... the reality is we are always 1 or 2 losses away from being back under pressure.. winning is everything for us right now.

BLM01

First Grade
One step at a time. Now way at this stage are we giving up our home ground advantage. We already lose one to the Roosters. Save it for the games that really count like finals. Our members get first priority to pack the stadium if bought tickets early enough which they should. Dog supporters on their band wagon can fill the dreg positions on the hill / seats

Latest posts