What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 23 v The Bloody Bulldogs

BLM01

First Grade
He was asked about this during the week. He knows its a risk but thinks between S'ua and Kyle we have cover if an outside back goes down.. Don't necessarily agree with this but at the moment we are very dependent on a game plan revolving around 4 forwards on the bench. I guess with the roster he has in 2024 he prefers to gamble and take his lumps when it goes wrong. As long as he's learnt the Eisenhuth to centre lesson.
Yes I don’t understand taking that risk as you only need a clip to the head and your off even if not your own doing

Slippery Morris

First Grade
How important was that win the Dogs got against the Warriors when they won on golden point. The Warriors were denied a clear penalty right in front in the end which instead put the game into Golden point. Saints would be equal with the Dogs and if they win would move ahead. Instead if Saints beat the Dogs, they will still be behind due to points diff.

Goes to show how important these key decisions are for refs at the back end of games. That was a clear penalty which everybody agreed on in the end.

How important was that win the Dogs got against the Warriors when they won on golden point. The Warriors were denied a clear penalty right in front in the end which instead put the game into Golden point. Saints would be equal with the Dogs and if they win would move ahead. Instead if Saints beat the Dogs, they will still be behind due to points diff.

Goes to show how important these key decisions are for refs at the back end of games. That was a clear penalty which everybody agreed on in the end.
Yes also dogs have been lucky in many games. Warriors lost 3 outside backs in that game and had to play forwards out of position, if that didn't happen warriors would've won.

Against us they got lucky as Sele and Bird got injured in the first half and we had to play Eisenhuth out of position at centre which they took advantage of. Before that it was 12-6 Dragons at halftime. Also the ref gave Dogs all the calls some which were completely wrong.

Dogs got lucky against Sharks. Hynes missed a field goal from in front which he gets 9/10 times and then Dogs win in golden point.

They should really have 2 less wins imo maybe 3.

Their defence is just keeping them in the finals race, their attack isn't that good.

st.phil

Bench
Across the park we are not quick but Sloan and liddle are genuinely rapid , so we have enough speed to cause damage out of dummy half , in support or out the back w Sloan presuming our forwards are holding their own and line speed and intent is there in defence.

I’ve got a good feeling about this one, hope I’m right

Dragons4me

Juniors
If Curran is ruled out, I'd drop Lawrie and bring Bird onto the bench as a safety measure.

There's a lot of hype around this game, everyone talking it up, many lining up to kiss Doggie/Gus/Ciraldo arse.
I hope we win and send the Doggie fans into riot mode so the rest of the world is reminded what a bunch of cnuts that club really are. It would be worth it just to see Anasta scrambling for excuses.
Exactly this. Well said!

RedVee

First Grade

Don’t forget us dropping the Manly game

I have an uneasy feeling probably because we have failed to play 2 good games in a row.

My head tells me we won’t be able to contain Chrichton, and Burton’s boot will be a problem.

If we defend like we did last week we are in with a chance.

My heart says Saints. Another nail biter on the cards !

Fire up boys !

Go the mighty Saints !!!!!

TheRev

First Grade
Burton had supposedly put that bomb away but has bought it back out recently.. there is no doubt they will pump sloan.. im expecting them all to be contested.. but the better we go up front.. the less time they will have to put that kick up and get a chase going.. they have a few guys who can chase though.

Illusion

Bench
Across the park we are not quick but Sloan and liddle are genuinely rapid , so we have enough speed to cause damage out of dummy half , in support or out the back w Sloan presuming our forwards are holding their own and line speed and intent is there in defence.

I’ve got a good feeling about this one, hope I’m right
I wish and hope you are right , but I'm not feeling it ........

blacksafake

First Grade
Burton had supposedly put that bomb away but has bought it back out recently.. there is no doubt they will pump sloan.. im expecting them all to be contested.. but the better we go up front.. the less time they will have to put that kick up and get a chase going.. they have a few guys who can chase though.
Kikau particularly is good on the chase so hopefully Sloan gets plenty of protection.