What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 23 v Warriors at Mt Smart Sunday Afternoon

IanG

Coach
For discussion on the match. Wonder how the combination of Kidley at 5/8 and Scotty at 1/2 will go. Personally I would've had 'em the other way round. We've had a couple of thumping wins since Kurt went to Halfback

Toyota Cup just started.

Knights as per program except Marlborough off the bench (flu), replaced by Chris Knight.

Mitch Williams just dropped the ball unmarked and bombed what would have been one of the tries of the season.

0-0 after 6 minutes.

Serc

First Grade
hahaha well yesterday that would've been correct!

As far as I know, it should remain mostly fine with a chance of a shower...looks like that chance has already occured lol as the sideline commentator mentioned that he had to put his rain jacket back on :p

Yeah Mitch Williams would've scored a great try...been a pretty entertaining start with a number of line breaks/try chances by both sides in the first 15 mins.

Oh here we go, Redman charges down a kick and there's nobody from the Warriors back there to get it, by the time he gets to the ball it has almost stopped and just pops the ball up to Api who scores.

Last edited:
hahaha well yesterday that would've been correct!

As far as I know, it should remain mostly fine with a chance of a shower...looks like that chance has already occured lol as the sideline commentator mentioned that he had to put his rain jacket back on :p

Yeah Mitch Williams would've scored a great try...been a pretty entertaining start with a number of line breaks/try chances by both sides in the first 15 mins.

Oh here we go, Redman charges down a kick and there's nobody from the Warriors back there to get it, by the time he gets to the ball it has almost stopped and just pops the ball up to Api who scores.

Edit: Roberts gets the conversion too, 6-0

Haha well I said I was no Serc!!

PS Sercy - Roberts missed the conversion.

PPS - Mitch Williams scores in the corner. 8-0, KTC.

Serc

First Grade
We're in again! 2nd man play to Will Smith who gets rid of the ball quickly to Mitch Williams who finds himself and Dwan in a 2 vs 1, and he gets his way over. Will Smith kicks it from the sideline! 10-0

Edit: Yeah wtf...I was out of the room when he went for the kick and didn't think to check the score in the bottom corner :p just read the scores on the live stats who got it wrong!

I think we need to make The Fresh Prince our full time kicker, especially now that Pete has played his last game of NYC. He's a much better kicker than Tyrone.

Serc

First Grade
Good build up from us with some good hitups...Cook gets the ball at first receiver on the short side and delivers a super cutout pass to Dwan who scores! (though was at his toes but he gets it cleanly :) )

One of our best first halves of the year. Cook is in super form, and the Fresh Prince has settled well into his new home at fullback. I can see that being his spot next year, given that Pete will be too old for NYC. Pewhairangi looks the goods at 6 too, combining well with Tyrone.

14-0 at the break.

Go the Knights, its all on the line today lets flog em and lets hope Dureau becomes a David Gillespi in defence today!

YEAH YEAH!

Carlos Tuimavave walk through our line to score under the posts, Johnson converts. 2 tries in 2 minutes to the Warriors.

20-12, 63 minutes gone.

Here they come...

Shaun Johnson's turn to walk through the line and score under the posts. And converts.

20-18 after 65 minutes.

Un-freakin-believable.

Pewhairangi being medicabbed off in a bad way (precautionary neck brace) after being monstered in a tackle by a couple of the Warriors forwards.

Game been stopped for about 5 minutes. About 7 to go, Warriors to get the ball as Api dropped it in the tackle.

Robinson awarded a very dodgy Warriors try, Johnson converts. Cookie absolutely blows up deluxe at ref.

Knights 26-24, 4 minutes to play. It's a nailbiter!!