What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 23 vs. Panthers - Discussion + Voting

user_nat

Coach
I can see us either losing by a lot or barely winning.

I wasn't quite right.

Anyhow, pretty good game. Kinda sucks to have the Dragons next, might kill some momentum.

3. Lockyer - First time his had a good game in awhile I think
2. Hunt - As above
1. Taylor - When he was on, he was great.

Hodges was all over Jennings in defense, as he was in the game earlier in the year and origin.

Last edited:

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
3. Hunt
2. Lockyer
1. Taylor

It was really hard to give the points for this game which is good. Honourable mentions to Sims, Teo and Yow Yeh. Where did that 2nd half come from? From the first half it seemed like the same old same old, which an improved attack though. The forwards really stood up allowing Lockyer to carve them up essentially. Apart from the last try, the play of the day for me was McCullough srambling to get Jennings. 9 times out of 10 Jennings scores...

Also, an unbeleivable effort from the under 20's, 7 tries in the last 20 minutes!!! Anyone see the game, who were the stand outs?

K-Man

Bench
That was one crazy game of football. You can always count on the Panthers to be involved in one of those weird, whacky, try-for-try point-scoring frenzy type matches. I don't know what it is about them.

Good win by the Broncos in the end, though. No real surprise to see you guys knock up back-to-back wins after the Raiders debacle - in many ways a humiliating loss like that is better than a more respectable loss in that it provides a bigger wake-up call.

Bayside Bronco

Juniors
Bit more pride restored, so a bit happier. Hopefully we can make a fist of it against the Dragons so confidence isn't too badly knocked going into the crucial Cowboys game. I reckon we're looking about 40/60 for the finals now - still a fair way back.

Big Pete

Referee
3. Darren Lockyer
2. Karmichael Hunt
1. Ashton Sims

Sorry for the late bump but I swear I posted here earlier, more votes would be appreciated of course...

Lockyer was outstanding and it was his best performance since his game against the Eels back in Round 7. Hopefully he keeps it up against the games in form five eigth.