What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 24 - Rabbitohs vs Cowboys: Saturday 27th August 7:35pm @Accor Stadium

callmack1

Staff member
There's some talk on other forums that Thompson didn't make it through today's session and could be out.

Raiders have put NRL's fiercest rivals on a shock collision course... and it could save the Broncos: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/6be9f810e5df5bf9773197ecbd92683f

We already know the equation but reading this article really makes the reality sink in. Lose this weekend and we're under HUGE pressure next week. Needless to say it's a must-win game.

Rabbits20

Immortal

JD also speaks about how he’s glad Thompson future is sorted with the club and he expected him to break down his first full season in 4 years.

Also talks about needing to find a way to get Jed body sorted once and for all to me that sounds like Jed is staying next year!

callmack1

Staff member
'We know we're in a good place' - Demetriou: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2022/08/26/we-know-were-in-a-good-place---demetriou/

Awesome interview with JD. A relaxed sort of intensity ahead of a big game if that makes sense.

Captain's Run Round 24: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2022/08/26/captains-run-round-24/

So, Thompson is unfortunately confirmed out, Milne replaces him. Taane is copping a lot but I actually don't mind him on the wing, probably the best he's played for us there. He just needs to do a job and I'm confident he can do that.

Interesting to see Chee-Kam in the black and Nicho in the red. Surely Nicho is playing?!!

Steenson123

Juniors
Huge Souths flaw Latrell brilliance is hiding: https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/tips-r...-fittler/09ca9de9-aeee-4d90-884f-b3fa72ed4888

I agree with Gus to some degree but our defensive stats for the year are now a bit misleading. I think if you look at the stats since Latrell returned, we'd fare much better defensively compared to the other top eight teams.
"Gus" [perhaps now Gloria is more appropriate?] last year stated its a foregone conclusion that the GF would be fought between Melbourne and Penrith. Was absolutely emphatic. Forget the rest according to him/her.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Agree 100

Agree 101%. They are NOT Bellamy's squad nor anywhere as strong as Iron Man's gang. No way.
Whichever way we see this outcome, its a MUST win game I feel.
Despite rain around we need a good crowd Saturday game so there can be no excuses.

I hope all LU Bunnies who live within 2 hours of Homebush are going. Our crowds have been bad this year and it’s not good enough for such a proud club.

callmack1

Staff member

callmack1

Staff member
You know it's a big game day when you wake up and that feeling in your stomach hits you straight away. I'm sure you all know what I'm talking about. It's a huge game day as we take on the Cowboys tonight in our most high stakes clash of the year. In fact, the stakes have never been higher so far in 2022. There's so much on the line tonight and I really do think it's a must-win. We're yet to wrap up a Finals spot and we can do so tonight with a victory. We really don't want to go into next week under big pressure so after last night, this one becomes monumental for us. Will Souths stand up and get it done under pressure? Or will we crumble and fold?

Tonight was always going to be a massive clash regardless of what was on the line because the Cowboys are a top 4 side. Top 2 right now actually. And they deserve to be. Their turnaround this year has been nothing short of incredible and they're playing some great Footy. Been one of the dominant teams all year for a reason. I really think they're the real deal in 2022 and they are capable of winning the comp. So tonight will once again really show us where we're at. They have so much strike, it's hard to know where to look. Superstars like Holmes, Feldt, Townsend and Taumalolo are supported by other great players like Taulagi, Drinkwater, Nanai and Robson. There's just strike everywhere! However, I think their main threats are Holmes, Drinkwater and Nanai, that's their real strike players who will put the knife into you if you're not careful, so I want to see us do a good job on them. Our pack though the middle will be key against theirs, especially if it's wet. If we can get on top there, which will be easier said than done against their forwards, well then it will make things a bit easier.

For us, the equation is really simple. We look at as many scenarios about where we might end up on the table as we want but the fact remains that if we just win, all of those issues go away. Just win. That's what we have to do tonight. I'm confident we can do that, but the boys have to get it right. The main focus for us should be getting all this stupid shit out of our game as that's what cost us last week. Cut out the silly errors and penalties because North Queensland are too good a side to not make us pay if we gift them field position. If we can hold our discipline and hold our nerve, we can do this! We'll need to be better than last week, but I just know that if Souths are playing to their potential, no one can stop us. That's the challenge tonight, play to your potential. The start is also crucial as the boys have been saying all week. We can't let the Cowboys get on top early like we did against Penrith. On another note, we have no excuses tonight. It's close to the best side we've named all year and a Finals spot is on the line so there's no excuse to not play well.

Not to mention it's our final regular Season home game of 2022, Hame's 50th game and its member appreciation Round. What an occasion!

They say good stories are driven by tension and high stakes. Well, that's certainly the case tonight. High stakes and A LOT of tension. I'm certainly feeling it! Let's go out there and make is a good story for South Sydney! We can do this!! Let's goooooo!!