What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 24 v Storm

snickers007

Juniors
Our discipline has been shit house all season. That combined with all the dummies we fell for tonight, and our rookie edges was a recipe for disaster.

Worst on ground was Leota. Absolutely invisible in attack, and dropped off on the inside for the Wishart try despite being fresh as a daisy was terrible. We got absolutely bashed for the first 20mins and Leota went into his shell in a big way.

Thought Geyer had some very nice touches with the ball, but got found out a little in defence. Hughes managed to drag him in a few times, and also sold him some great dummies.

Really feel for Larry Smith. That strip was very poorly timed. He was pretty good otherwise.

Not gonna say too much about the refs. We had our chances to negate his impact.

Would have loved to have a chance to win the Minor Premiership, but as long as we make Top 2 it makes no difference.

Fingers crossed Nate's injury isn't too bad. I wouldn't be rushing him back. 2nd game of the finals is fine.

Alintheeast

Juniors
They beat us by 2 they are the competition front runners, we played last part of game without best in world, Ashley Klein reffing. Less concerned about opposition teams now than before the game. Youngsters manned up. Only concern going forward Nath and Props.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Our discipline has been shit house all season. That combined with all the dummies we fell for tonight, and our rookie edges was a recipe for disaster.

Worst on ground was Leota. Absolutely invisible in attack, and dropped off on the inside for the Wishart try despite being fresh as a daisy was terrible. We got absolutely bashed for the first 20mins and Leota went into his shell in a big way.

Thought Geyer had some very nice touches with the ball, but got found out a little in defence. Hughes managed to drag him in a few times, and also sold him some great dummies.

Really feel for Larry Smith. That strip was very poorly timed. He was pretty good otherwise.

Not gonna say too much about the refs. We had our chances to negate his impact.

Would have loved to have a chance to win the Minor Premiership, but as long as we make Top 2 it makes no difference.

Fingers crossed Nate's injury isn't too bad. I wouldn't be rushing him back. 2nd game of the finals is fine.
Geyer was great until he got tired. Ivan's awful bench hurt us

Stinkfinger

Juniors
I feel this year we have been very conservative. Last week Ivan pretty much said he didn't care about minor prem. Today felt like we didn't get out of 3rd 3rd gear and Laurie isnt a winger and seems he can't stay on the field for 80. With the injured boys back I think we will left in the finals.
He keeps getting belted, that's why.

age.s

First Grade
Anyway, you never truly replace Nathan Cleary, but I feel like we have the potential to cover him as well or better than we have in previous seasons.

Luai has been very good in the 7. I can say with insight that he will be beyond hungry to win a premiership without Nathan if that's how the chips fall. We have several, solid options at 6. Laurie is my personal pick, but Toelau and even Cole have their strengths.

The weakest option by far would be Schneider/Luai, but even in that scenario you at least have 2 elite defenders and we could just grind our way through.

He's showing something at least. A month ago I wouldn't have said that.

I like his effort plays. He's often the one guy flying in on a kick chase and pinning the fullback/winger.
Yeah seems to have found a passing game too. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve been pleasantly surprised by his last few games but he still has a few things to work on.

Iamback

Coach
It’s consistently been given a penalty the last two years. Was just dumb play. Really dumb play.

Could he pull out? I say no and those ones should never be pulled up or every set attacking the line is a penalty

In fact Klein said he used to much force more so than being late

Fangs

Coach
He wasn't really holding his shoulder like last time... so that could be a good thing

Its per program mate.

We lose next week. Fine.

Rest Edwards look at the strapping on his knee.

However, if Laurie is first choice winger then we need a new winger because Laurie is fullback.

Iamback

Coach
Its per program mate.

We lose next week. Fine.

Rest Edwards look at the strapping on his knee.

However, if Laurie is first choice winger then we need a new winger because Laurie is fullback.

We lose next week we have a trip to Melbourne week 1 of the finals

Alamoti had no strapping on tonight

Caged Panther

First Grade
Overall a pretty poor performance I thought, a lot of poor options, panic play at points and dumb penalties.

The referring wasn't kind to us but that happens. Though I have to say I can't believe the head high tackle on Nathan in goal in the lead up to the Storms last try went unnoticed and unpunished by all.

It's an obvious statement but it really feels like we're struggling in part due to the lack of consistency in the team week to week. Trying to get some consistency in that regard feels like the moody important thing we can do at the moment.

Well that and hope Cleary's injury is on the minor side of the scale

Latest posts