What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 24 v Storm

Murraymob1

Juniors
H
Any hear what ivan said about nathan in the presser?
He pretty much deflected the questions with he will go for scans tommorow .We don’t really know much at this stage .It seems it’s an injury he had pre season that has come back .I am thinking at the least 2 to 6 weeks if minor if more gone for the season

Girds89

Bench
H

He pretty much deflected the questions with he will go for scans tommorow .We don’t really know much at this stage .It seems it’s an injury he had pre season that has come back .I am thinking at the least 2 to 6 weeks if minor if more gone for the season

Going to be a long 3 or 4 day wait

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Can't do back row folks. Actually in rehab learning how to get my right leg, (new hip) to actually work.

Thought it wasn't Penrith's night. Some 'interesting' calls, a bit swings and round a bouts. To be honest. Thought tonight would be a tough ask.

Shattered for Nathan. Let's hope the next lot of news is better. Peter Lang said on X that Nathan had been taken to hospital for scans. Sounds like shoulder is dislocated, possibly needs to be put back in under some drugs. Hope Mary's still in the country for Nathan's sake........

Storm played a huge game tonight.

Match officials were always going to ping Penrith tonight for even breathing.

age.s

First Grade
I thought Laurie went fine on the wing. One drop, but at least he can get up for a bomb.

Love To'o, but if we give Melbourne field position he's a real aerial weakness vs Warbrick/Coates.

The Realist

Juniors
So some observations from the ground.

Melbourne played the perfect anti-Pantherball game. They nullified it completely.

*Our back 3 were unusually impotent - most surprising was the way Storm handled To'o with ease.

*This led to our forwards being more tired and when our forwards tried - they were all bashed (except for Yeo).

* Storm targeted our short wingers/average high fullback very well. It is a clear weakness that somehow most teams fail to exploit - but the Storm did.

*Edwards was clearly hampered. He didn't have anywhere near the speed or power off of his legs. He really should not have played.

*The only reason we even got close to winning is Yeo. He was in everything good we did.

*Mitch Kenny is starting to become a bit of a penalty machine.

*Lindsay Smith had a very good all-round game but it is bad plays like getting stripped that turn games and lost us this one.

*Luai has basically been in passenger mode for the last 3 weeks. He better pull the finger out again.

*Nathan was unusually poor for most of the game before the injury. Some of his passing was really off. He knew it as he was remonstrating himself on the field.

*Trent tried too hard and didn't really have a good game.

*Casey is going to be hard to dislodge. Does nothing wrong and is a real danger in and around the ball.

*Again the Bench was weird

That's all I can think of, off the top of my head.

Girds89

Bench
We missed tito bringing the ball back.

I think ivan needs to tell bizza to pass the ball to edwards when they are targeting him like that so we have him on carry 1.

Tito carry 2. Tago or casey on 3 than Edwards again on 4 coming out of trouble.

The Realist

Juniors
Id go all in on laurie at 6.

I am in favour of it as well but there are 2 reservations.

1. How will he defend 3 in? It's easy to mostly 'hide' on the wing and to an extent fullback. Not so much defending in the line.

2. He is an instinctive half which is sort of similar to Luai.

To counter my second point - Luai has to an extent learned how to play as the dominant/structured half and we also have Yeo often giving us structure at 1st receiver.

Latest posts