What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 24 v Titans

Wow brave call from Flanno. I would have understood him going with Bird as a "safer" option. Lets hope the young fella justifies the faith from the coach. Lets go Dragons!
LKT is a pure half and won’t stifle the attack the way Bird would

it is a brave move however he has been solid in KOE Cup

would have preferred the kid getting another full pre-season before debut

It’s a calculated risk. Impressed Flanno has made the call. Very unMary/Hook thing to do. Hope it works out for both the kid and the club.

since77

Juniors
I know our club is always very conservative but other clubs play their talented youngsters early so why shouldn’t we.
Yeah I often watch other teams give young fellas early debuts and they kill it. Hopefully a few of our young ones start doing the same. Would be a nice change.

steerlerbab

Juniors
Hope LKT the kid gets a decent chance (around 25 minutes) now that Flanno has named him. The fact that Flanno did no go with four forwards as he usually does shows that he now wants to develop LKT and does not see a chance to land a half. Flanno has to show trust the same way that Belamy did with Wishart.

TheRev

Coach
Hope LKT the kid gets a decent chance (around 25 minutes) now that Flanno has named him. The fact that Flanno did no go with four forwards as he usually does shows that he now wants to develop LKT and does not see a chance to land a half. Flanno has to show trust the same way that Belamy did with Wishart.
o I have mentioned this before, but Bird is good while he is fresh but his errors go up as he tires, I think they will play it by ear, see how the game is going.. I dont think Flanno would want to burn more than 1 interchange on LKT.

o Definitely still think Flanno wants to find a 7 in the off-season (but probably not a 6 i.e. schuster isnt ideal unless he can cover other positions now that he has lost weight). Could be Marshke but his injuries are a concern.

o Feeling a bit better about this bench for the Titans game.. its a Bottom 8 team all be it a talented one (missing both props).. happy to have backline coverage for this one.. bit different against Panthers/Storm where he sort of needs everything to go right to get a win.

hewi

Bench
First time in my life I have cheered for those dirty rabid doggies, doing us a favour so far as long as we can win tomorrow.

Divine

Bench
I think size is a factor that holds youngsters back. LKT looks big enough not to be intimidated. He’ll still be targeted though.

Latest posts