What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 24 vs Tigers

BLM01

First Grade
This is officially our last home game for the year where they normally bid farewell on the screen to departing players. I dont know if they did that at Kogarah sat night but if it is this week i wonder if there are any surprises from reserve or 1st grade on the screen that they sneak in.

getsmarty

Immortal
This is officially our last home game for the year where they normally bid farewell on the screen to departing players. I dont know if they did that at Kogarah sat night but if it is this week i wonder if there are any surprises from reserve or 1st grade on the screen that they sneak in.

Matt Head ???

Wittenberg

Juniors
More losses the better I say. New coach for 2020 almost certain
I wish that this would be true, but it isn’t. Mary will have one of the following statements put out by the Club,
“ The pressure is on him he will have to do well next year.....”
or
“ Club insiders say that MacGregor has 8 rounds to prove himself.....”
or
“ With the JDB saga due to be over by Round 3 next year, the Coach will be able to leave the emotional baggage that ruined the side’s chances in 2019 behind him....”
or
“ MacGregor has done an outstanding job given the circumstances he and the Club had to deal with this. Next season it will be different.....”
or
“ We don’t have to tell our fans anything.....”

No, Mary will be with us next year.

hewi

Bench
After 8 rounds with a minimum of 5 wins the board decided that coach McGregor will lead us to the promised land and extended his contract for a further 5 years. We know how the story ends .

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade

Maybe they should show the fans......
They've been departing in big numbers.

Qapm

Juniors
I doubt we will finish second last, Cowboys have the Bulldogs and the Storm and are equal with us save for 7 points. We should beat the Titans and won’t be far away with the tigers. Cowboys will lose to Storm and might even lose to the Dogs. So if the form guide is correct we only need to make up 6-7 points and we overtake Cowboys. Either way it won’t save uncle fester, he’s finished trust me, they just want to give us all a nice Christmas present

I believe the Tigers have too much to fight for and will get the win.

Cowboys may beat the Bulldogs. If they do, it's 15th for McGregor for sure.

I always repeat that I don't know much about league but I've been noticing our star players making mistakes a professional just doesn't make. To go back to a Vietnam style analogy I think they might be trying to "frag" McGregor and get him out of the way.

Unfortunately, I also disagree with the statement that Uncle Fester is finished. I wish it was the case. Either way, 14th or 15th we are still on the same side, the Dragons side and against McGregor and WIN Corp.

Maybe they should show the fans......
They've been departing in big numbers.

Some McGregor classic attendance numbers:

24 AUG - 9,087
Netstrata Jubilee Stadium
vs Rooster. B
Based on the jerseys out there lots came to visit from East Sydney.

10 AUG - 6,532
Netstrata Jubilee Stadium
vs. Titans
Preview of Spoon Bowl in Round 25. Another QAPM prediction is that Titans will destroy Dragons in Round 26 and show who really should be awarded the Spoon. They'll also have a bigger crowd.

4 JUL - 5,578
Wollongong
vs Melbourne

28 JUN - 7,008
Wollongong
vs Cowboys

getsmarty

Immortal
preview_rd24_8-dragons-v-wests-tigers.jpg

MATCH PREVIEW

Dragons v Wests Tigers: Round 24 preview
Author
NRL.com
Timestamp
Mon 26 Aug 2019, 07:15 PM

Being outside the top eight with two rounds to go is not ideal but last week's big win gave Wests Tigers renewed hope of playing finals.

After walloping Newcastle 46-4 in round 23, the Tigers meet a St George Illawarra side whose disappointing season is almost at a close.

The Dragons copped a 34-12 loss to the Roosters last start but will be determined to show their frustrated supporters there's reason to be optimistic about the future by finishing the year strongly.

The Tigers are still battling an injury pile-up but will be hopeful of getting the job done under-strength at the SCG to keep their campaign alive another week.

Match: Dragons v Wests Tigers

Round 24 - Sunday 1st September

4:05pm

Home Team

Dragons

15th Position

Away Team

Wests Tigers

9th Position

Venue: Sydney Cricket Ground

Match broadcasters:

• Nine Network
  • Foxtel
  • LIVE PASS
  • KAYO
Buy Tickets
The Rundown
Key match-up
Luke Brooks hasn't reached the heights he did last year in winning the Dally M Halfback of the Year award but his brilliance has been evident in patches. Meanwhile, Dragons No.7 Ben Hunt is back after a week off with concussion and looms as the Red V's key man.

For the Dragons to win
The Dragons look most likely when they're prepared to get dirty and scrap. Don't count Paul McGregor's men out if they curb the basic errors that have plagued them recently and show a willingness to stay in an arm-wrestle.

For the Tigers to win
A fast start is integral. Bagging a couple of early tries should extinguish any enthusiasm the Dragons begin with. Conversely, St George Illawarra will grow in confidence the longer the scores remain tight.

Brett Kimmorley says
If the Wests Tigers can find the aggression, skill and physicality that Benji Marshall helped provide last week they will cause more havoc and make this finals race go into Round 25. I can’t see the Dragons putting up much of a fight. Cameron McInnes has been unbelievable this season as a leader, and a runner from dummy half and a tackler, but unfortunately, I think he is doing so much on his own. Wests Tigers by 8

Stat Attack
Cameron McInnes has been enormous for the Dragons in a tough year. Proving his influence, the hooker has made the most tackles in the NRL (1,087) and had a whopping 2,395 receipts of the ball - second only to Melbourne's Cameron Smith.

And another thing ...
St George Illawarra boast six wins from their past nine matches against the Tigers.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/08/26/dragons-v-wests-tigers-round-24-preview/

getsmarty

Immortal
St George Illawarra Dragons blame council for ‘disgraceful’ banner censorship
Dragons
  • August 26, 2019 6:42pm
  • by Staff Writers
  • Source: FOX SPORTS
cdb1cfa58224addf3789cd35d4ce1118

Dragons fans wave flags at Kogarah OvalSource: Getty Images
Banner-carrying St George Illawarra fans have taken to social media to vent their frustrations that they were denied entry to Kogarah Oval due to messages written on their flags.

Dragons fans waving signs are a staple of the hill at the famous ground.

And their messages were brought into focus recently when supporters unveiled ones which included the phrases “Fail Mary” and “Step down McGregor” at a recent game against Parramatta.

But for Saturday’s loss to the Roosters, some fans claimed they were denied entry into the ground owing to the messages written on their banners, accusing the club of censorship.

“Now the Dragons start not allowing banners into the ground that they don’t agree with? Good thing you can’t silence tweets #FailMary,” one supporter wrote on social media.

“What an absolute shambles of a club, absolutely no respect for their paying members. The signs will make their way up one way or another.”

“Last time I checked we have some form of free speech at least (Peter) Doust didn’t care,” replied one fan.

“More lies and as usual nothing will be done,” said one member.

“You treat us passionate fans without any respect, good luck with the membership drive for 2020 don’t bother calling people who haven’t renewed.

“Save your embarrassment and good luck with this impostor for another two years.”

“It’s a disgraceful way to treat fans,” a fellow supporter added.

The Dragons responded to the aggrieved members on social media, before clarifying that it is not the club who is responsible for what, and who, is allowed into the ground.

Georges River Council manage entry into the stadium, and are supposed to notify the club when they refuse admission to fans. But this did not happen on Saturday.

A brief statement was issued in which it said: “Stadium management considered the content of the banners to be derogatory and inflammatory and denied entry of the banners in the interests of the client and public order, in accordance with the conditions of entry at the venue.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...p/news-story/031115e99035b966d452d132258bd998

St George Illawarra Dragons blame council for ‘disgraceful’ banner censorship
Dragons
  • August 26, 2019 6:42pm
  • by Staff Writers
  • Source: FOX SPORTS
cdb1cfa58224addf3789cd35d4ce1118

Dragons fans wave flags at Kogarah OvalSource: Getty Images
Banner-carrying St George Illawarra fans have taken to social media to vent their frustrations that they were denied entry to Kogarah Oval due to messages written on their flags.

Dragons fans waving signs are a staple of the hill at the famous ground.

And their messages were brought into focus recently when supporters unveiled ones which included the phrases “Fail Mary” and “Step down McGregor” at a recent game against Parramatta.

But for Saturday’s loss to the Roosters, some fans claimed they were denied entry into the ground owing to the messages written on their banners, accusing the club of censorship.

“Now the Dragons start not allowing banners into the ground that they don’t agree with? Good thing you can’t silence tweets #FailMary,” one supporter wrote on social media.

“What an absolute shambles of a club, absolutely no respect for their paying members. The signs will make their way up one way or another.”

“Last time I checked we have some form of free speech at least (Peter) Doust didn’t care,” replied one fan.

“More lies and as usual nothing will be done,” said one member.

“You treat us passionate fans without any respect, good luck with the membership drive for 2020 don’t bother calling people who haven’t renewed.

“Save your embarrassment and good luck with this impostor for another two years.”

“It’s a disgraceful way to treat fans,” a fellow supporter added.

The Dragons responded to the aggrieved members on social media, before clarifying that it is not the club who is responsible for what, and who, is allowed into the ground.

Georges River Council manage entry into the stadium, and are supposed to notify the club when they refuse admission to fans. But this did not happen on Saturday.

A brief statement was issued in which it said: “Stadium management considered the content of the banners to be derogatory and inflammatory and denied entry of the banners in the interests of the client and public order, in accordance with the conditions of entry at the venue.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...p/news-story/031115e99035b966d452d132258bd998
Why would the Stadium management regard banners like "Fail Mary" and "McGregor step down" inflammatory???
It is just expressing what most of the fans at the ground are thinking and saying anyway.
The vast majority are in agreement so who are the banners offending?
It also raises the question as to who makes the call subjectively?
What would the stadium management care unless someone had had a quiet word in their ear?
So fans have to be quiet and just accept the spin from the club.
Stinks to high heaven if you ask me.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Why would the Stadium management regard banners like "Fail Mary" and "McGregor step down" inflammatory???
It is just expressing what most of the fans at the ground are thinking and saying anyway.
The vast majority are in agreement so who are the banners offending?
It also raises the question as to who makes the call subjectively?
What would the stadium management care unless someone had had a quiet word in their ear?
So fans have to be quiet and just accept the spin from the club.
Stinks to high heaven if you ask me.

It is indeed the club boards fault by allowing McGregor to stay on a coach, that has inflamed the frustrations of the fans.

The board should be thrown out!

Tigers 28
Saints 12