What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 24 vs Tigers

qld redvee

Juniors
Bingo, correct first two picked again this week & no Timm but Kaufusi picked again. I’ll say it again Mcwewonthesecondhalf is a first class goose !
Sap58,
what i cant believe is supercoach mentions a few weeks ago Lomax wants to play fullback SO of course natural thing is PICK HIM ON THE WING !!! not even in his proper position of centre.. Surely Lomax should be in Aitkens spot and give rav the wing spot .Unfortunately when you look at CC team the centres are runciman and marsters So lafai and aitken have no body to put pressure on their positions with Lomax being forced to play out of position,,, And Rav at 18th man ??? Kerr should be in for kaufusi as he was mentioned as next cab off the rank by supercoach a week or 2 ago .. Should be a royal commission as to how Timm is continually overlooked . BUT hey we are promoting Lats last "home" game and giving out Lats masks ( reading game day info ) Can hardly wait for the final farewell tour stop of Cbus then we may get Kerr in the 17

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
Wow, this one’s clever. Some smoke and mirrors here, even suspense.Can’t wait for the 24hr warning on Saturday.

We’re gonna camp out at the SCG onSaturday night to make sure we get in.

Big question for me is will Lat’s take the kicks or is that next week?

I’m getting 2020 membership early.

You're making a big call assuming we will score a try.

Paddles

Juniors
Our 2nd last team list tuesday for 2019 (for 1st grade at least).

Expecting a return to normal trasmission, Norman return to fullback, Hunt to 7, Lomax on the wing and Sailor back to CC. Kaufusi in the 17 with either Ford or Host back to CC.

The farewell tour rolls on.

Haha, you forgot that McGregor’s favourite trick is to name the exact same team from the week before on the Tuesday, then pretend he’s doing the old 'switcheroo' later in the week so the team is exactly what everyone knew it would be all along (because McGregor is so conservative and predictable) but they're all playing in funny numbers!

Like last week, Sailor belatedly being named at half but playing fullback in 18, Norman playing half in 1. Then Sailor after the match saying he was told he was playing on Tuesday, but then McGregor says it was after a HIA later in the week. And we get to see a whole charade week after week, beautifully executed with the guile and technical expertise of a cartoon villain.

So I reckon your team is right, notwithstanding we're a few days ahead of the full slapstick routine playing out. I feel pretty safe saying Hunt will be half in #21, Norman fullback in #7, and lucky Tristan will revert to the back that supercoach 'likes to carry on the bench', and he'll get to play the final 7 minutes in the nonexistent 'middle forward' position.

getsmarty

Immortal
marshallb-mn-005.jpg

TEAM LISTS

Behind enemy lines: Round 24
Author
Dragons.com.au dragons.com.au
Timestamp
Tue 27 Aug 2019, 04:24 PM

The Wests Tigers have named a 20-man squad ahead of the Round 24 clash against the St George Illawarra Dragons at the Sydney Cricket Ground on Sunday, September 1.

The Tigers remain unchanged from their last start 42-point win over the Newcastle Knights.

Wests Tigers' NRL squad for Round 24 v St George Illawarra Dragons –

1. Corey Thompson
2. Robert Jennings
3. Paul Momirovski
4. Esan Marsters
5. David Nofoaluma
6. Benji Marshall
7. Luke Brooks
8. Thomas Mikaele
9. Josh Reynolds
10. Oliver Clark
11. Luke Garner
12. Chris Lawrence
13. Ryan Matterson

Interchange:
14. Matthew Eisenhuth
15. Elijah Taylor
16. Alex Twal
17. Michael Chee-Kam
18. Tommy Talau
19. Chris McQueen
20. Sam McIntyre

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2019/08/27/behind-enemy-lines-round-24/

getsmarty

Immortal
dragons-crowd-180909707-sd.jpg

DRAGONS

Dragons policy on game day banner registration
Author
Timestamp
Tue 27 Aug 2019, 04:27 PM

A reminder to all St George Illawarra Dragons members and fans that the club has had a banner and flag registration policy for several years in name of assisting ease of entry to supporters on match days.

We currently have 24 banners or flags registered as a result of this policy; the process as found in the venue information page on our website is as follows:

• Poles (including metal flag poles), sticks or oversized flags/banners (1.5m x 1m with flagpoles over 1.4m), including 'selfie sticks' are not permitted into the venue unless otherwise pre-registered with the club.
  • To register a banner, it's encouraged to contact redv@dragons.com.auwith the dimensions and wording at least one week prior to the game.
  • We ask spectators to be mindful that large flags and banners may restrict other spectators' viewing capabilities. Flags and banners cannot be hung from fences and cannot obstruct signage.
The club was made aware after the Dragons' Round 23 clash against the Sydney Roosters on Saturday night that a non-member was not permitted entry into Netstrata Jubilee Stadium with their banner.

Netstrata Jubilee Stadium is owned and managed by Georges River Council. Council management made the decision, in isolation, to not permit entry without consulting the Dragons.

The club have had regular discussions with Netstrata Jubilee management about banners and there is a process in place to notify the club before any refusal. Georges River Council acted outside of this process.

When the club contacted venue management after the game, Georges River Council provided the following response: "Stadium management considered the content of the banners to be derogatory and inflammatory and denied entry of the banners in the interests of the client and public order, in accordance with the Conditions of Entry at the venue."

The purpose of the banner registration process, which many other NRL clubs also have, is to avoid situations such as the one that occurred on Saturday.

Had the Dragons been made aware of the circumstances on Saturday by Georges River Council, as is the agreed process, the banner would have been permitted entry.

The St George Illawarra Dragons refute any suggestions of involvement in the decision or censorship, and would encourage all supporters intending to bring banners to future games to utilise the banner registration policy that's in place.

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2019/08/27/dragons-policy-on-game-day-banner-registration/

watatank

Coach
Haha did the club seriously throw the council under the bus?

I'm sure McGregor will tell us his thoughts on it in the coach's update this week like he does every week when he wants to have a say about something.

Gareth67

First Grade
Returning to our once spiritual home ground may spark some type of reversal of form - or we may do what appears to be our norm and play some decent footy for 30 odd minutes before collapsing into a heap .

Gareth67

First Grade
marshallb-mn-005.jpg

TEAM LISTS

Behind enemy lines: Round 24
Author
Timestamp
Tue 27 Aug 2019, 04:24 PM

The Wests Tigers have named a 20-man squad ahead of the Round 24 clash against the St George Illawarra Dragons at the Sydney Cricket Ground on Sunday, September 1.

The Tigers remain unchanged from their last start 42-point win over the Newcastle Knights.

Wests Tigers' NRL squad for Round 24 v St George Illawarra Dragons –

1. Corey Thompson
2. Robert Jennings
3. Paul Momirovski
4. Esan Marsters
5. David Nofoaluma
6. Benji Marshall
7. Luke Brooks
8. Thomas Mikaele
9. Josh Reynolds
10. Oliver Clark
11. Luke Garner
12. Chris Lawrence
13. Ryan Matterson

Interchange:
14. Matthew Eisenhuth
15. Elijah Taylor
16. Alex Twal
17. Michael Chee-Kam
18. Tommy Talau
19. Chris McQueen
20. Sam McIntyre

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2019/08/27/behind-enemy-lines-round-24/

Ha ha , what a joke ! Perhaps they don’t want too many banners at this particular game as they may get in the way of all the balloons and ticker tape that is bound to come raining down upon those whom attend once the Dragons lift the trophy for 15th place .

Dragons 09

Juniors
  • To register a banner, it's encouraged to contact redv@dragons.com.au with the dimensions and wording at least one week prior to the game.
The above is what we should all be doing. Make up some dimensions (keep them reasonable, say 1m x 1.5m) and include some simple but to the point wording (no swear words or anything that you wouldn't want your kids to read) and lets see if they get approved.

My bet would be that registration get's denied as we did not apply "at least a week before the game"........and the club stooge that trolls this forum will be advising them right now of what might be coming their way!:rolleyes:

possm

Coach
Player burnout mate. Just looking after our rolls royce and managing him so he doesn't burn out.
We'll ease back in off the bench next year.
Unless ofcourse he isn't feeling up to it, player welfare mate.
I have a feeling he is not happy at the Dragons and is likely to ask for a release and move back to the bronco in 2020.

This would free up a lot of cap space and probably mean a halves pairing of Norman at 7 and Sailor at 6. While I'm at it, I hope we don't lose Frizell but am tipping Graham to retire or move back to ESL. Who knows, maybe he sill take Aitken and Dufty with him.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Pretty happy with the team named today on 2 fronts:

1: This team is defeated mentally. They can't wait 'till seasons end and are playing like it. This will also serve as another notch on the ever tightening squeeze on McGregor. You all know the old adage "doing the same thing, expecting a different result".

2. Our CC team will be strong and have no outs as it faces the last round and going into the finals basically playing mostly together all season. Any disruption to this team would sink their chances I feel.

So, well done to McGregor, the sheer stupidity of the weekly selections have now come back to bite you hard in the butt, you're stuck with what you have now. The CC (and hopefully JF) will play finals and playing way past when your pencil and notepad have been put away for 2019. I wonder if you'll even go and watch them. On second thoughts, no, stay well away and enjoy your painting

Last edited:

Smurf

Juniors
Pretty happy with the team named today on 2 fronts:

1: This team is defeated mentally. They can't wait 'till seasons end and are playing like it. This will also serve as another notch on the ever tightening squeeze on McGregor. You all know the old adage "doing the same thing, expecting a different result".

2. Our CC team will be strong and have no outs as it faces the last round and going into the finals basically playing mostly together all season. Any disruption to this team would sink their chances I feel.

So, well done to McGregor, the sheer stupidity of the weekly selections have now come back to bite you hard in the butt, you're stuck with what you have now. The CC (and hopefully JF) will play finals and playing way past when your pencil and notepad have been put away for 2019. I wonder if you'll even go and watch them. On second thoughts, no, stay well away and enjoy your painting

It’s pretty amazing that JD won the reserve grade comp ( for the second time ) then gets booted out while Macwreckit stays

Now there are rumors that Head will gone after a very good year

And ... god forbid , they are still saying Mary is safe for 2020 ( I hope not )

Latest posts