What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 25 - Rabbitohs vs Roosters: Thursday 5th September 7:50pm @ANZ Stadium

Travitoh

First Grade
I definitely agree about Doueihi. For mine he’s our a long term fullback. He’s hard to bring down and he causes doubt in the defensive line when he holds the ball with two hands.
Him and Knight has been the two biggest surprise packets this year.

I have to disagree about Johnston/Gags defence.
Gags actually defended well but it was Johnston that kept on coming instead of staying on his wing.
If Johnston stayed on his wing then he would have been all over the Roosters winger when Manu went for his pass.
The stats back this up as well.
Gags made 8 tackles with 0 misses, Johnston also made 8 tackles but with 4 misses.

x3 about Doueihi. Has slotted in very nicely at FB since being required to fill in there. Hasn't let anyone down and looks stronger kick returner than AJ.
I actually like him better at the back than in the halves.
I already look forward to seeing him there next season with a full preseason under his belt.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
The thing is, Sam keeps putting himself in positions that attracts interest from the MRC.

He shouldn't be banned for it but f**king hell, the captain of the club has been pulled up for hair pulling. It's just dumb behaviour.

After having a think about it I tend to agree with this statement but god banning someone for a hair pull is bloody harsh especially because if JWH fights the charge and gets off that already puts us at a disadvantage next week. I’m not sure we got any advantage out of last week besides maybe a confidence boost. Liam Knight will struggle to train this week.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I definitely agree about Doueihi. For mine he’s our a long term fullback. He’s hard to bring down and he causes doubt in the defensive line when he holds the ball with two hands.
Him and Knight has been the two biggest surprise packets this year.

I have to disagree about Johnston/Gags defence.
Gags actually defended well but it was Johnston that kept on coming instead of staying on his wing.
If Johnston stayed on his wing then he would have been all over the Roosters winger when Manu went for his pass.
The stats back this up as well.
Gags made 8 tackles with 0 misses, Johnston also made 8 tackles but with 4 misses.

Oh yeah loving the Doueihi at fullback. Agree with everything you say here and it’s probably because Johnston has had so much time off. I reckon Doueihi has to finish the season at fullback if fit and then let them fight it out during preseason.