What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 25 v Bulldogs

Yeah im happy overall. Losing that second game to the Tigers hurt us in end.

Moylan has all same weaknesses as Coote at fullback. Slow and gets absolutely dominated on kick returns. Both very capable ball players though

Caged Panther

First Grade
Disappointing game, thought some really shitty 5th tackle options throughout the game, but in particular during the period in the first half where we were on top prevented us getting a bigger lead and opened the door and ultimately flood gates.

Overall not disappointed with the season. As others have said much improved and a good outcome for a team predicted to come last particularly when taking the injuries we've had at various time into account.

Still not certain about our halves for next year but overall we've recruited well and I look forward to more improvement in 2014.

Nealo 12

First Grade
Was at the game last night and really felt the momentum change with that Bulldog try before half time. Also noted the inability to keep away from the sidelines by our wigers and fullback. While Coote had one good take of a high kick the majority of his game was ordinary to say the least. For a guy possibly playing to impress to stay on or be looked at by another club he certainly took a backward step there...pardon the pun !

what ever

Juniors
Decision making terrible tonight. No wonder Gus and Ivan have lured new /more experienced halves

Experienced - Yes. Well i hope so both of them have been in the NRL coming up to approximate 10 years. But both of them unwanted by their current clubs so fingers crossed.

I actually was impressed with the first half. And saw some confidence and belief in our new players. Second half i saw a very disciplined Bulldogs and that was the difference.

maple_69

Bench
I'd take a guess and say we let in the most tries of any team in the last two minutes of halves this season. Ivan needs to get them concentrating especially hard near the back end of the half. It killed us last night. 20-6 and we are probably alive.

murraymob

Coach
maple

i just knew we would let one in before half time and sure enough we did.The bulldogs run over us in the second half.Some things where clear out of the match.Walsh will do what he can to not get tackled Coote should be banned from ever kicking the ball
While a improvement on where we where expected to finish we have a long way to go to challenge the top 4 teams

rem286

Juniors
While a improvement on where we where expected to finish we have a long way to go to challenge the top 4 teams

True. However, look at our 10 wins. Only one win over a current top 8 side this year and that was when Storm had a little form slump.

So whilst we have seen an improvement in position on the ladder, we still struggle against top 8 sides, let alone the top 4. Until we can start beating those sides we will continue to struggle.

franklin2323

Immortal
So whilst we have seen an improvement in position on the ladder, we still struggle against top 8 sides, let alone the top 4. Until we can start beating those sides we will continue to struggle.

Agreed. Don't think anyone would complain about still being alive with 2 games left. We weren't even close in these games either

murraymob

Coach
True. However, look at our 10 wins. Only one win over a current top 8 side this year and that was when Storm had a little form slump.

there was a massive improvement at times we had 8 first graders out injured .Last year we would not have won 1 game with those injuries.One of the biggest anchors the team has is gone .Definatly positioned better going into next year

franklin2323

Immortal
We had a full strength backline to choose & that was what we came up with while he scored 4 tries Roberts was still lost in defence.

It's possible we will that same side just 2 new halves. Kite for Masoe, Taylor for Newton.

Certainly like this year will beat weak teams but may not be any better against the top sides until we get some speed outwide.

murraymob

Coach
Anyone know what the announcment is that will be made in the next 24 to 48 hours is not a player signing is all i know

Latest posts