What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 25 v Canberra

Girds89

Bench
Edwards
Tito/alamonti (whoever plays better today)
Tago
Casey
Bizza
Laurie/cole/trent
Luai
Smith
Kenny
Fish
Garner
Marto
Yeo

Sommo
Henry
Leota
Geyer

WestyLife

First Grade
Who has said season is over?

Ivan has thrown away minor premiership. Possibly a top 4 or home final. But its definitely not too late to fix anything.

I did. I don't see Ivan fixing it. If he picks a proper winger who at least won't make errors, leaves Schneider out and puts a rocket up the rest then yes they can win the comp even without Nathan it'll just be more difficult.

Iamback

Coach
If Luai kicks instead of passing we score 22-24 points. With our defence that's enough to win a football game.

You said we'd lose this game weeks ago. It's a crap road trip. Be thankful it's not the Storm going to Townsville and Brisbane to finish the year.

I did.

based 100% on our form.

We don't beat teams they beat themselves against us.

Canberra don't do that. GC are another side that don't we likely flog Souffs

Bred not Bought

Juniors
I’m as disappointed as anyone, but all of this talk about the season being over is OTT. The big issue for me is discipline, and if we can fix that up I am confident we will still win the comp.

The trouble is we have for the most part of the season struggled with discipline and leaky edge defence . Neither has improved all year.
We repeat the same dumb patterns. Why is it going to change now?

The good teams at this stage of the year start to click and thrash the bum teams. We haven't. We been scrapping through against deadbeats that won't make the 8.
We should never have been down by 14 points against the Eels. Let alone allowing them to score 34 points a few weeks ago.

Edwards and Martin look injured.
Cleary is broken. He won’t come back 100%.

Sadly we are feeling the effects of being top dogs the last 4 years and are running out of steam.
Team selections haven't helped.

mxlegend99

Referee
I did. I don't see Ivan fixing it. If he picks a proper winger who at least won't make errors, leaves Schneider out and puts a rocket up the rest then yes they can win the comp even without Nathan it'll just be more difficult.
Turuva will be back. Or Alamoti. No way Ivan hasnt seen how Laurie has cost us past few werks.

Losing forces us to look at what is going wrong too. Nathan comes back in finals also. So obvious we need him steering us around. Especially if Schneider is next man up.

Iamback

Coach
Very hard to build combos and form when its a different team every week..

Ill keep the faith.

I think theres too many good seasoned players to fall to pieces now.

Hopefully soro can get back before the finals and everyone else stays fit.

Yep and say we find form

Then bring in a busted Cleary to defend in our poor Right side.

That won't help that issue

Fangs

Coach
Turuva will be back. Or Alamoti. No way Ivan hasnt seen how Laurie has cost us past few werks.

Losing forces us to look at what is going wrong too. Nathan comes back in finals also. So obvious we need him steering us around. Especially if Schneider is next man up.

This decision on edge combinations was made during the bye round.

I thought the To'o edge switch was final at that point but I was wrong. They've moved him again, McClean didn't finish the game. Ivan sees Turuva behind Laurie as a winger right now which is crazy IMO.

We are at the wrong time of the year to experiment .

This decision on edge combinations was made during the bye round.

I thought the To'o edge switch was final at that point but I was wrong. They've moved him again, McClean didn't finish the game. Ivan sees Turuva behind Laurie as a winger right now which is crazy IMO.

We are at the wrong time of the year to experiment .
It's going to be tough to make the 4peat happen. All year there has been distractions starting with Kenny, Than JFH. The team been off all year. Plus Origin has worn us down more so this year.

Fangs

Coach
It's going to be tough to make the 4peat happen. All year there has been distractions starting with Kenny, Than JFH. The team been off all year. Plus Origin has worn us down more so this year.

That's what makes it so exciting.

Not just anger from fans today, a bit of fear. They feel the threat because we aren't showing much right now.

Storm up 16-0. Roosters firing scoring points off a bye.

It's going to be a fun end to the season.