What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 25 v Canberra

Chins get the wins

First Grade
True they are some games we should have racked up a score. But to counter a little.

From injuries, suspensions and Origin. We have fielded 11th different ‘spine’ combinations this year.

We have only played one game this year full-strength. Round 2. Even in that round Fish was injured early.

I could argue we haven't had the stability at times this year this year to build. But that would paper over a few cracks. Some things still tick me off. From leaky edge defence, to dumb unforced errors, to giving away dumb penalties. We seem to have made it harder on ourselves than it should be.
I can't excuse some of performances this year. The Warriors, Manly and Cowboys losses stand out as disappointments or missed wins. Others games have been frustrating to watch. Teams that we should have beaten easily. We either grind out ugly wins or come from behind.

All of that above its remarkable we have been 2nd for a large part of the year.

All we need to do come finals time is play like we did against the Sharks. Do that 3 times and we win another title. Easy said than done. Not impossible with the talent we have in this team. Some luck going our way with injuries would help.
Every forward not named Yeo needs to stop being a pussy really. Fix that and we should win the comp

Pomoz

Bench
Every forward not named Yeo needs to stop being a pussy really. Fix that and we should win the comp
Harsh. Our worst offenders have been our front row this year. I see it like this:

Kenny gets a "B+". He has been belting blokes as usual and improved his service.

JFH gets a "C-", once his contract was sorted he improved to an acceptable level. Looked much better the last few weeks.

Martin gets a "C", he has been flat at times, but also had a few good games and has always put in the hard tackles when needed.

Leota gets a "D-" and gets to do extra training sessions. He has looked flat, disinterested and unfit. Come on Moses, fire up, you are a beast when you are "on". I think he is already pining for his buddy JFH..

Henry gets a "B", a great first year in the top grade and he has had a red hot go. Doesn't get intimidated and has mongrel.

Smith gets a "B", I think he has improved from last year and has showed some of the skills we have heard about.
Sorenson gets a "C", injured a lot and not shown a lot of form.

Garner gets a "B-", he has played well when he has been on the field. He would get a higher rating if he played more games.

Geyer gets a "C", a steady start to his career. Didn't wilt against the storm with NAS destroying all and sundry, even his own team mates.

Eisenhuth gets a "B", he always does a good job when he fills in. I don't get the "plod" hate mail he cops. He is a great bench player and will take the hits ups, or be a tackle Bot depending on what's required. With the salary cap, not everybody can be a star. Great clubman.

Yeo gets a "B". I am marking him down for not having a brother like the McLeans, poor planning if you ask me. Two Yeos would be perfect and probably unfair on the rest of the NRL. If he had a brother, i would give him an "A", inspirational year.

Watching the new boys in the last few years I can see "the Penrith Way". Debutants are told to focus in defence and not making mistakes. Minimise mistakes, build your confidence. As fans, we need to be patient and not interpret that to mean they have no talent at NRL level. Geyer, Smith and Henry all fit this mould. Smith has shown more this year, I expect Geyer and Henry to do the same next year.

soc123_au

Staff member
Eisenhuth gets a "B", he always does a good job when he fills in. I don't get the "plod" hate mail he cops. He is a great bench player and will take the hits ups, or be a tackle Bot depending on what's required. With the salary cap, not everybody can be a star. Great clubman.
Plod isn't an insult. Every team needs them. No shame in being a plod at all, it's just that's the ceiling. Saves on suit hire for the Dally M's so not all bad news.

MugaB

Coach
Plod isn't an insult. Every team needs them. No shame in being a plod at all, it's just that's the ceiling. Saves on suit hire for the Dally M's so not all bad news.
I love plod, but if you make plod a captain, you get what you pay for, a whole team of plod
Aka= Bulldogs, Eels, Dragons, tigers

Stinkfinger

Juniors
Could not agree more. He's still the Plodmeister though.