What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 25 v Canberra

snickers007

Juniors
Storm look unbeatable to me st present.

We had those merkins by the balls last week. Definitely not unbeatable.

Also goes to show that the Panthers can just switch it on and off. Whether they can stay switched on for 4 weeks to win the comp is the question.

Panthers are a side that plays to the opposition's level week after week. Have done for the past 4 years. We cruise along in 2nd gear for 60mins and then lift and put on a few tries.

Our ability to lift when needed is what we're lacking. We seem to be getting stuck in mud with the other team. It's not a talent issue, it's a mental issue.

Last edited:

Chins get the wins

First Grade

Also goes to show that the Panthers can just switch it on and off. Whether they can stay switched on for 4 weeks to win the comp is the question.
That's the problem. Ivan has the players in the same mindset as us fans. The players know we have the best team and are just expecting to click.......its not happening yet

WestyLife

First Grade
Ah yes what a surprise. Only a genuinely low merkin like you and your circle jerk mates (Chins, Westy, etc) would think of a way to justify personal attacks on Ivan and the players. But but but the bar is set higher. Your mum made a mistake opening her legs, she shoulda swallowed you.

The hell did I do? Ivan himself seems to have an issue with his own selections so eat it. I've never once insulted Ivan or the players unless they do something off field. Unless you think talking about poor form/poor decisions is an insult.

From now on we'll only say go team yay.

WestyLife

First Grade
It really isn't that hard to grasp. We have a top 2 roster

We lost to a NSW Cup quality Warriors team
Were lucky to scrap home v Parra, Dolphin and Knights - none are playing finals

lost to a Canberra team that won't play finals

Yet no one is responsible for such showing?

No the club was shit once upon a time so you are not under any circumstances allowed to expect the team to play to its current talent level and especially never mention it on social media.

WestyLife

First Grade

Panthers are a side that plays to the opposition's level week after week. Have done for the past 4 years. We cruise along in 2nd gear for 60mins and then lift and put on a few tries.

Our ability to lift when needed is what we're lacking. We seem to be getting stuck in mud with the other team. It's not a talent issue, it's a mental issue.

This is exactly what I've been trying to say. Said it beautifully.

Iamback

Coach
The hell did I do? Ivan himself seems to have an issue with his own selections so eat it. I've never once insulted Ivan or the players unless they do something off field. Unless you think talking about poor form/poor decisions is an insult.

From now on we'll only say go team yay.

Ivan also said the side isn't playing good atm.

Bred not Bought

Juniors
I was 100% with you until team selections.

what is the expectation here; you lament being too dogs and running out of steam; some of that is player drain from salary cap.

It’s not like there is a SOO-quality three quarter line playing in reserves; what would be your solution?

If you are asking my line-up for yesterday?

Turuva over Laurie would be my first change. Despite Turuva's defence this year he is a far better finisher than Laurie. I would have played Turuva yesterday. Laurie is not a winger. That was evident against the Storm. Now isn't the time to experiment.

This is now irrelevant due to his injury. But I would have gone Cole over Schneider yesterday. Our best half of football this season was Cole/Luai combo v the Sharks. Schneider offers very little. I get why he was picked. His kicking. But that was poor yesterday. We have little choice now with Cole injured. I am not convinced Laurie is a six either.

Looking ahead.

Sommo in for Toelau.

Leota is tired, or needs a rocket. He hasn't hit 100 running metres in the last 3 weeks. He is not charging into the line. To freshen him up I would start Smith and move Moses to the bench for a week or two. Get him on when the opening sting has gone for a week or two to freshen things up.

If Sorro is fit for the final round. Martin gets a rest. Apart from Origin his form this year for us has been poor. Unfortunately I think he is now carying a lower leg injury.

I would rest To'o from one of the last two games. Same with Henry.

Whino

Bench
I still maintain at times we play at our oppositions level, then lift when in trouble. Except we didn't lift yesterday when it mattered. Grinding out wins has been our theme this year.
Putting away average or bum teams this year is something we have lacked. We haven't been ruthless enough. Except in Cronulla's case. We put those pretenders to the sword.

Still plenty more to play out. We weren't that far away from beating the competitions front-runners Melbourne last week.
At least we have players to come back. Plus finals is always a different ball game. We ain't dead yet.

Last edited: