What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 25 vs. Cowboys - Discussion + Voting

Broncodr01d

Juniors
broncodr01d (nerd) are you for real? what does that even mean? I take it ur a pensioner because that is a discount call merkin

Have you even played league?

My bad, I guess I was the only one here who had that this (below) fly right over my head. I guess I had to be there :sarcasm:

userlogin said:
outkast06, how does that help you? Your ego is about as big as wendells ass

Sorry.. just OuTkAsT. my mistake.

The white flag has been raised I see when one is resorting to getting personal. I am a nerd/merkin? Original. Yet you still haven't answered the questions I posed.

As for the question you have asked me, yes, I have played league - 25 years in total with a 2 year gap that allowed for travelling. I now coach junior rugby league.

Next! ...

Broncodr01d

Juniors
Dont you reckon you could cover the centres?
As an eels supporting Hodges to fullback and Glenn to centres would be threatening, better than anyone ive seen fill in for fullback for you guys. When cutie is gone anyway..

Hodges with free roam would be dangerous.

3 hodges
2 thaiday
1 yippie yow yeh

I think we could yes, though why weaken an obvious strength of ours in moving Just Hodges. He is as lethal as any centre in the game. I think it's much easier to cover fullback than it is centre. The problem is, a guy like Hodges makes it looks so damn easy.

Hodges tends to roam a bit as it is. I don't think he will be moving anywhere.

As for the game:

3 - Sam Thaiday
2 - Jusin Hodges
1 - Wow Yeah Man

Thaiday was sensational. A fired up Sam is a massive plus. He ripped and teared in attack and defense. Very Tallis like. Inspirational.

Hodges as above. Always a threat and too much for Tonga too handle. Made some good tackles as well.

The Wow Yeah Man has to get a point. A game turning try and once again just solid. I love how he and Winterstein don't shirk anything when it's time to roll the sleeves up and make some tough yards. A very good performance.

Country Bronco

Juniors
My bad, I guess I was the only one here who had that this (below) fly right over my head. I guess I had to be there :sarcasm:

The white flag has been raised I see when one is resorting to getting personal. I am a nerd/merkin? Original. Yet you still haven't answered the questions I posed.

As for the question you have asked me, yes, I have played league - 25 years in total with a 2 year gap that allowed for travelling. I now coach junior rugby league.

Next! ...

And he's only 27 years old.:lol:. You try to beat that? User login. I'm a nerd and a merkin as well. Try something original with me. Keeping in mind i've been called a lot of things.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
3. Hodges - still looking dangerous out of dummy half and making fools of experienced players who should be able to tackle him. Despite this he does need to pass to his winger a little more, but the Cowboys were up in defence all night.
2. Yow Yeh - another sterling performance by the young winger. Made Thurston look like an amateur when he turned him around.
1. Thaiday - looked as dangerous as he has ever been around the fringes with some damaging hit ups. He was obviously after a big 100th game and he certainly delivered.

The attack looked very shallow tonight, with many passes going to flat footed players. This could be from the Cowboys getting up in defence very quickly all night. Regardless, the Cowboys only tries came from Brisbane errors, and the amount of times Brisbane held them for full sets inside their 10m is something to build a premiership bid on. This is the kind of line defence that won the comp in 2006.

On a side note, does anyone know what Lockyer was angry about after the final siren? On the telecast you could see him point at someone and shout something that looked like "sh*t merkin". He looked really worked up too.

Last edited:
I noticed that too. I was thinking it may have been directed at the refs for awarding that scrum with a minute to go (he was very unhappy about that evidently), but we probably would have heard about that by now if it was the case

user_nat

Coach
I assumed he was yelling at a player, don't think he would risk yelling at refs in that fashion.

jimmyo

Juniors
The Broncos look to have their grit back. The past 2 weeks watching them win has been like watching a boa constrictor crush its prey. It's also reminicent of their 2006 Grand Final Victory against the Storm.

At the start of the year on paper the Broncs looked the best team - now they're finally living up to their potential and have as much chance as any team of pulling off a victory in the GF.

johnnyg

Juniors
Pretty impressed with the Scramble defense last night. Players always getting back and helping out. Good to see.

userlogin

Juniors
And he's only 27 years old.:lol:. You try to beat that? User login. I'm a nerd and a merkin as well. Try something original with me. Keeping in mind i've been called a lot of things.

Haha.. playing since he was 2? I take everything back :eek:

Nah, in all seriousness though its just a bit of fun and I knew you would bite broncodr01d. I can't be like this to a fellow bronco supporter! up the donkeys :D

Blackduck

Juniors
This is getting funnier by the minute. I make a tongue-in-cheek comment about Hodges going alright at fullback and someone blows up about it.

Even BETTER, I name the Cowboys backline:

1. Ty Williams
2. Michael Bani
3. Ashley Graham
4. Willie Tonga
5. Shannon Hegarty

And all you want to do is debate whether Hodges should move to fullback to accomodate Folau in the centres?

Man, I don't know how you cope with all these dramas in the backline, you guys have it tough....

:D Agree with you 100%,Some do get mighty passionate,but hey thats footy! I dont go for the whole loungechair coach thing (watch me get blastered for that ) I just want to see a typical bronco/cowboy match...........and I wasnt disapointed.........hated seeing the cowboys go out though.

Latest posts