What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 26 v Souffs

Iamback

Coach
Need Mclean/Alamoti at centre and some better execution in the ruck stop pushing their luck laying around.

McLean outside Schneider is going to be useless given he struggles breaking tackles.

We left it too late to drop Tago this is the backline to keep. Just need to get some timing and something from Martin/Kenny in attack

WestyLife

First Grade
McLean outside Schneider is going to be useless given he struggles breaking tackles.

We left it too late to drop Tago this is the backline to keep. Just need to get some timing and something from Martin/Kenny in attack

Then we dont win the premiership. Tago is almost incapable of making a one on one tackle. It's insane he's a highly paid premiership winning centre. The guy is broken they need to turn him off and on again or something.

Girds89

Bench

Your assessments of casey over the last few weeks have been soooo far off the mark haha.

He basically never gets dominated taking tough runs. Hes actually a really strong ball carryer out of trouble.. hes played 5.5 games of nrl and averaging 3 tackle busts a game.

Deadset what he has shown in 5.5 games as a rookie who you said wouldnt be anywhere near fg this year is incredible.

Kids an incredible talent.

Everyone is useless outside schnieder cos hes got zero attacking spark.

Iamback

Coach
Your assessments of casey over the last few weeks have been soooo far off the mark haha.

He basically never gets dominated taking tough runs. Hes actually a really strong ball carryer out of trouble.. hes played 5.5 games of nrl and averaging 3 tackle busts a game.

Deadset what he has shown in 5.5 games as a rookie who you said wouldnt be anywhere near fg this year is incredible.

Congrats. You found stats now compare his number compared to Alamoti's

There is a difference of 30m a game for starters. Given we are at our best from the back 5 starting sets well. It is a no brainer

Where did I say he wasn't a talent? The kid was playing Harold Matts last year.

WestyLife

First Grade

To be fair the May situation and then injuries fast tracked Casey a little but he showed he can handle it.

Girds89

Bench
Tago was doing really well when nath came back.

There is a difference of 30m a game for starters. Given we are at our best from the back 5 starting sets well. It is a no brainer

At no point did i say i wouldn't put alamonti in over him at this stage..

But youve deadset said some absolute crap about mclean over the last few weeks..cant break tackles, isnt strong etc etc..

When in reality he is breaking tackles and actually very strong..

I never said you didnt say he wasmnt a talent. You were adamant that he wasnt up for fg this year. He has well and truly proved you wrong. Hes handled it very well..

Fine comparing his stats to paul and tago for that matter

Tackle percentage
Mclean 87%
Paul 80%
Tago 88%

Run meters
Casey 121
Paul 138
Tago 132

Tackle breaks

Casey 2.8
Paul 3.6
Tago 2.9

Line breaks per game

Casey 0.57
Paul 0.41
Tago 0.63

What that stats show isn't there really ismt much in it between the 3..

Tago has actually done quite well given nath has been out for large parts of the year..

And it shows that pauls defence has been the worst..

Bit of egg on the face here lamback.

Yes tago amd paul are the best options this year.. but making up crap like casey ismt a strong ball carrier and cant break tackles is just sad..

The kid has absolutely killed it.. hes taken to fg better then critta or mj did..

Girds89

Bench
To be fair the May situation and then injuries fast tracked Casey a little but he showed he can handle it.

I said before a ball was kicked this year i thought hed be a chance for a few games. Yes fast tracked but it shows his quality that hes managed to step up so quickly

Iamback

Coach
Tago was doing really well when nath came back.

At no point did i say i wouldn't put alamonti in over him at this stage..

But youve deadset said some absolute crap about mclean over the last few weeks..cant break tackles, isnt strong etc etc..

When in reality he is breaking tackles and actually very strong..

I never said you didnt say he wasmnt a talent. You were adamant that he wasnt up for fg this year. He has well and truly proved you wrong. Hes handled it very well..

Fine comparing his stats to paul and tago for that matter

Tackle percentage
Mclean 87%
Paul 80%
Tago 88%

Run meters
Casey 121
Paul 138
Tago 132

Tackle breaks

Casey 2.8
Paul 3.6
Tago 2.9

Line breaks per game

Casey 0.57
Paul 0.41
Tago 0.63

What that stats show isn't there really ismt much in it between the 3..

Tago has actually done quite well given nath has been out for large parts of the year..

And it shows that pauls defence has been the worst..

Bit of egg on the face here lamback.

Yes tago amd paul are the best options this year.. but making up crap like casey ismt a strong ball carrier and cant break tackles is just sad..

The kid has absolutely killed it.. hes taken to fg better then critta or mj did..

Now forget the basic NRL.com stats and go to Fox sports.

Alamoti 14 runs a game for 138m
McLean 12 runs a game for 109

Alamoti 9 offloads
McLean 0

Passes in General play

Alamoti 39 3 per game
McLean 19 2 per game

Now back to the NRL stats. In its limited data it has post contact metres. Which is a good guide as to how hard a player is to put down

Alamoti 525m or 43.75m a game
McLean 268 or 38.28m

So you have Alamoti making depending on the stats used

17-30m extra a game

5 extra post contact metres

Is up 9 offloads-0 ( Again for an offload to be an offload and not a pass it involves a player standing in a tackle )

Has an extra pass a game which if the inside guys are struggling could be the difference in a tight game.

Girds89

Bench
Now forget the basic NRL.com stats and go to Fox sports.

Alamoti 14 runs a game for 138m
McLean 12 runs a game for 109

Alamoti 9 offloads
McLean 0

Passes in General play

Alamoti 39 3 per game
McLean 19 2 per game

Now back to the NRL stats. In its limited data it has post contact metres. Which is a good guide as to how hard a player is to put down

Alamoti 525m or 43.75m a game
McLean 268 or 38.28m

So you have Alamoti making depending on the stats used

17-30m extra a game

5 extra post contact metres

Is up 9 offloads-0 ( Again for an offload to be an offload and not a pass it involves a player standing in a tackle )

Has an extra pass a game which if the inside guys are struggling could be the difference in a tight game.

Hahah you just fail to admit you are and have been wrong. Its embarrassing.

Never mind hes statistically the worst defender. On the easiest side...

Still waiting for nathan to be a 9...

I think ill trust the nrl stats off a news website mate. You are really losing the plot.

Crashtest

Juniors
Then we dont win the premiership. Tago is almost incapable of making a one on one tackle. It's insane he's a highly paid premiership winning centre. The guy is broken they need to turn him off and on again or something.

We have won the last 2 premierships with Tago at starting centre. If we make another grand final, we won’t lose it because we have Tago playing centre over an 18 year old rookie.

Girds89

Bench
Yep which is why he should of got the Turuva treatment and be coming back in the side now

Over who haha? Taylan was out... Alamonti on one side... you didnt want casey in... youbsaid he wasnt ready????

So who if we had dropped tago?

Alamonti and??

This is what you and smug have missed all year. We haven't had anyone better haha..

Cole isn't a centre..anyone that watched him at centre in nsw cup last year would know he is a below avg defender at centre. Hence why he hasnt played there this year in cup..

Throwing him at centre in nrl is like putting laurie on the wing.

So who else? David fale? Nup.. peachey... nup.

Garner was injured most of the year.

The fact is tago has been statistically the best defender of the lot. With schnieder inside him for half the year and hes shocking and slow.

Yes tago has been avg.. yes hes defence should be better..

But is there a better option? No there hadnt been haha.

Hence why he hasnt been dropped..

Trust me if there was someone knocking the door down at centre in cup id have been one for giving tago a few weeks in cup. But there just ismt.

So the narrative you and a few others flog week to week is enough..