What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 26 v The Eels

Sime_11

Juniors
just have to ensure we get a Home final in week 1 and then play very well to get the job done - then everyone gets a much needed rest and we can prepare for a Prelim final :)

Iamback

Coach
Ready or not I thought he was quite willing. Had some strong carries.

Eels were ruthless. They exposed him and To'o didn't trust him either. Also in front of a record sell out crowd against our rivals in a derby.

He had a tough night but as you said he will bounce back. I think he has a future.

To be fair To'o has been coming in a lot this year, Again a good wake up here for our defence.

Their 1st try sums it up, Poor communication. 3 guys all rushing the touchline. No one holding their line

soc123_au

Staff member
To be fair To'o has been coming in a lot this year, Again a good wake up here for our defence.

Their 1st try sums it up, Poor communication. 3 guys all rushing the touchline. No one holding their line
The first try was just a freak pass from the titty grabber. Apart from being flat, it was one of those nights as far as the bounce of the ball, freak plays coming off etc. It seems to happen a bit against Parra, I guess when you are giving everything the bounce of the ball can go your way.

WestyLife

First Grade

Yep To'o has been getting saved from cover defence so much I assumed it was the system. McLean should've been trusted to cover his man but To'o has been doing it with critta and he's a rep centre.

BossleyPanther

Juniors
There should be more incentive to win MP, Like win 1 game only in the finals to make the GF. What's $100k going to do seriously?

Iamback

Coach
Yep To'o has been getting saved from cover defence so much I assumed it was the system. McLean should've been trusted to cover his man but To'o has been doing it with critta and he's a rep centre.

it is one of the things I mentioned that we have been getting away with. That last night will be a wake up call

BxTom

Bench
Agree. Whilst McLean, being a debutant in a high pressure game (local derby) is a bit of a weak link due to inexperience, To'o went missing on the wing not just once, but four times. That's a worry. You also have to remember though that Critta has a history of charging out of the line and, more often than not, missing tackles, it can be argued that To'o has good reason for coming in.

MugaB

Coach
There should be more incentive to win MP, Like win 1 game only in the finals to make the GF. What's $100k going to do seriously?
It should get you 2 home finals, regardless of your stadium, youll see clubs put in way more effort if that was the case, the big dance should always be homebush, but never underestimate a home semis that would get you there

WestyLife

First Grade
Agree. Whilst McLean, being a debutant in a high pressure game (local derby) is a bit of a weak link due to inexperience, To'o went missing on the wing not just once, but four times. That's a worry. You also have to remember though that Critta has a history of charging out of the line and, more often than not, missing tackles, it can be argued that To'o has good reason for coming in.

Fair point he likes that intercept a bit too much.

Black Diamond

Juniors
If the Eels can put on that type of performance without Moses, then we should survive through the finals without Jerome.
Asi played the game of his career, Brown took charge, congratulations to the Eels.
We were also missing 3/4 of our spine, our regular 2 centres and winger and a damaging back rower as well as debuting an 18 year old. All things considered, I say put that one behind us, onwards and upwards. Let the Eels have their moment of glory, hope they enjoy mad Monday.

Iamback

Coach
If the Eels can put on that type of performance without Moses, then we should survive through the finals without Jerome.
Asi played the game of his career, Brown took charge, congratulations to the Eels.

of course we can.

Media will look at

With Luai 77-9
Without him 7-6

It will put the pressure on other teams

The Realist

Juniors
Cleary's kicking and decision making needs addressing - i dont have confidence in us chasing a game with little time left - Cleary's criticism as being predictable just keeps reappearing - very Origin like last night by Nathan.

I think we are just going to have to accept that Nathan is a Robotic Halfback. He will never have the outright playmaking ability and instinctive nature of a Thurston. He will never have the tactical ability- the decision making to craft a set and think 3-4 tackles down range or the sheer skill of Andrew Johns.

In many ways he is a bit of an odd halfback for a 'great'. He is not particularly great at all the 'halfback' specific elements. What you could say about him is that he has no weaknesses and is possibly the best defensive halfback in a generation. That, and he is very reliable with an excellent Temperament.

This is also why Luai is such a key partner for him. The Yin to Cleary's Yang. Luai has great instinctive ability and is as unpredictable as Nathan is predictable. Plays with fire and passion. A Great combination.

Cogger when at #6 plays so much like Cleary (just on the left side) that a few times I have mistaken him. I am not a fan of this combination.

I think Ivan may have missed a trick this year by not have Peachey play a bit of #6. He has done pretty well when filling in that position in the past and is also an instinctive footy player similar to Luai.

But now is not the time to play games with selection - particularly an Ivan coached team.

Sime_11

Juniors
Chammas article just dropped - 4 weeks for Luai - targeting prelim finals weekend

win that final in week 1 and get Luai back

Lets GO !!!!!

chrisD

Coach
Regarding Brian the carry on is silly, if your centre is all out at sea your winger's got no f**king chance. He's been a bit too worried about what's inside of him on occasions this season, but last night is nothing about nothing.

Peachey is shit, he's just priming to lose us a game.