What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 26 v The Eels

Luke Bowden

First Grade
You wouldn't know footy intelligence if it wacked u in the face.

Go back and read my posts this week and prove yourself wrong... again... reoccurring them here big boy..

When your right ill be the first to come give you at pat on the back and stroke that ego champ
Hahaha stick to watching 360 Hoops, I’m sure you’ll get some more gems to spew up on here.

WestyLife

First Grade
Rubbish.

Oh so it's okay for people to be so arrogant, and it's not ok for me to pull them into line? I have been talking about the game.

Those arrogant people are right. Edwards plays and the club take the game seriously the Eels get embarrassed. It's a strategic loss. Military leaders have done it for all of history losing a battle to win a war. In our case having a fit top 17 is more important than beating the eels since top two is already assured. The club is very deliberately and intelligently pacing itself for a run at the GF.

MugaB

Coach
Those arrogant people are right. Edwards plays and the club take the game seriously the Eels get embarrassed. It's a strategic loss. Military leaders have done it for all of history losing a battle to win a war. In our case having a fit top 17 is more important than beating the eels since top two is already assured. The club is very deliberately and intelligently pacing itself for a run at the GF.
In hindsight you say this.... i said it a few days ago, that Ivan wanted a challenge, hence the musical chairs on positions.. To'o isn't ready for a padawan

Iamback

Coach
Really, do you really believe that.

They could have Kevin’s son at 7 and they are still massive contender's.

The absence of Adam Reynolds for the Broncos is a hiccup for them, they are fit and in form.

Jock Madden if required will be good enough.

There favourites for the premiership albeit I think finishing second works in our favour, week one.

Madden has 20 FG games, 0 finals games.

That would then mean they have a spine who have yet to play a game.

Meanwhile we have guys like Fish going for their 4th grand Final in a row, Still have 2 Clive Churchill medalists in our spine.

Storm and Roosters/Souths are the only side with vast finals experience besides us. The rest of the teams need all their ducks in arow

Iamback

Coach

Happens all the time in the NBA, x team is playing a back to back. They rest some guys to have them fit for the playoffs.

Same thing here

MugaB

Coach
I said it before the game ivan doesn't really care about the minor premiership. In private I guarantee all his thought is on finals. Top two is all that matters for a home final.
He specifically said he DOES care about the minor premiership, and he thinks nobody else does, as winning the grand finals are anyone remembers, you are confused

WestyLife

First Grade
He specifically said he DOES care about the minor premiership, and he thinks nobody else does, as winning the grand finals are anyone remembers, you are confused

You don't rest both turuva and Edwards if you care about getting first place. Nathan has clearly been experimenting with his kicking and playmaking using these games as a training run. Look back after the finals and you'll see the difference.

Last edited:

PennyPanthers81

Juniors
I don’t have a very good “footy brain” but I thought the same thing. You don’t rest two of your best and most important spine players in that game if you want to win the minor premiership. Also took Yeo off with 15 mins to go, when we were losing. With what happened to Luai, the less injuries to the top guys the better.
A frustrating game to watch, which probably accounts for some of the doom and gloom from those in the fan base , including myself, who don’t take losing well.

PennyPanthers81

Juniors
This conversation could all be moot- we beat the Cows next week and Broncos go down to the storm, which is not outside the realm of possibility, we win MP anyway.

Iamback

Coach
I don’t have a very good “footy brain” but I thought the same thing. You don’t rest two of your best and most important spine players in that game if you want to win the minor premiership. Also took Yeo off with 15 mins to go, when we were losing. With what happened to Luai, the less injuries to the top guys the better.
A frustrating game to watch, which probably accounts for some of the doom and gloom from those in the fan base , including myself, who don’t take losing well.

The aim is to win the comp not the MP, also Broncs have the short turnaround next week. We can do more with the 9 days. So it was a good week to rest guys

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Yep. 9 days the boys are sitting pissed off at losing.

Broncos won with Shane Perry

Roosters with Cronk busted

We are matching one of those 2
Yeo was passing too early till after Origin but he'll need to step it up again and help Nathan. He's a better half than Cogger or Salmon