What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 26 vs. Dolphins Discussion

Big Pete

Referee
Dolphins vs. Brisbane Broncos
Suncorp Stadium, Saturday 31 August 2024
Kick Off: 5:30pm

DOLPHINS2024.png

1. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow 2. Jamayne Isaako 3. Jake Averillo 4. Herbie Farnworth 5. Jack Bostock 6. Sean O'Sullivan 7. Isaiya Katoa 8. Kenny Bromwich 9. Max Plath 10. Mark Nicholls 11. Felise Kaufusi 12. Connelly Lemuelu 13. Ray Stone

14. Mason Teague 15. Oryn Keeley 16. Tesi Niu 17. Kurt Donoghoe

18. Lachlan Hubner 19. Tevita Pangai Junior 20. Trai Fuller 21. Anthony Milford 22. Jeremy Marshall-King

BRISBANE2024.png

1. Tristan Sailor 2. Selwyn Cobbo 3. Kotoni Staggs 4. Deine Mariner 5. Jesse Arthars 6. Joshua Rogers 7. Adam Reynolds 8. Corey Jensen 9. Billy Walters 10. Xavier Willison 11. Brendan Piakura 12. Jordan Riki 13. Patrick Carrigan

14. Blake Mozer 15. Benjamin Te Kura 16. Josiah Karapani 17. Martin Taupau

18. Jaiyden Hunt 19. Fletcher Baker 20. Corey Oates 21. Cory Paix 22. Payne Haas​

Big Pete

Referee
Payne Haas is set to make his return for tomorrow's Battle of Brisbane. It also appears that Deine Mariner has contracted an illness with Cobbo shifting to centre and Karapani out to the wing.

If the Broncos are to be successful, they'll need a massive game from Haas who hasn't been able to play his best footy for the Broncos this season. In the first game, Haas was enormous and really laid the platform that gave Brisbane the edge for the majority of the game, so if he can deliver something like that again it will go a long way.

With Hetherington out, it appears Walters is prepared to roll the dice with Te Kura. It's a brave call considering both Hunt and Baker are available, but a popular one among the fanbase who are excited about the impact Te Kura can provide off the bench.

I don't mind the selection. Kevie had to get some value out of this period and giving guys like Mozer and Te Kura time should at least give them a head-start on 2025. If Walters had his way, I'm sure Te Kura would have played a dozen or so games this season, it was just the foot injury that kept him out so better late than never.

I expect this to be an entertaining game with all sorts of highs and lows. I feel the Dolphins have been playing better footy despite their recent results but I think the senior players of Reynolds, Carrigan and Haas give them the edge. If they can play their best footy, the Dolphins won't be able to match them.

Latest posts