What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 26 vs. Panthers Discussion + Voting

Leagueaddict

Juniors
Wallace isn't there for his defence he is there to lead our attack especially near the try line. This in my opinion is where he seems to have no options at the moment.

No of course I don't think Wallace or any half back is out there for their defence even though Alfie did his fair share of tackling for a little guy as well. Agree Wallace is not the pivotal half we need and if we go down the Hunt/Norman path hope Griffin sticks with it.

Leagueaddict

Juniors
Who knows? Maybe he'll turn it all around this week and stop telegraphing his set plays to the opposition 20 minutes prior. Maybe he'll go back to making line-breaks up the middle but actually finding the support runner this time. Maybe he'll charge out of the line inside his own 20m and actually stick the tackle this time.

Could happen.

Nah he won't ... he wouldn't want to disappoint you guys.:) Lets just hope the whole team turns it on this Friday night and we get some belief back into us and string a couple of wins.

broncos70

Juniors
Dont know why everyone is talking about having a full strength team again. We had it last week too. Half the time you guys wanna chop Copleys head off..So now that Copley is back we have a full strength team??

I like Copley but he aint gonna change anything. I feel bad for Maranta who worked his ass off but got jumped by someone who didnt deserve to get rewarded, and that was Hoffman.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Dont know why everyone is talking about having a full strength team again. We had it last week too. Half the time you guys wanna chop Copleys head off..So now that Copley is back we have a full strength team??

I like Copley but he aint gonna change anything. I feel bad for Maranta who worked his ass off but got jumped by someone who didnt deserve to get rewarded, and that was Hoffman.

I think you'll find many did a mini backflip on Copley (myself included). His ability did pick up for a few weeks there. I agree he won't make a big difference to our team, but I think it makes it a tad stronger.

Hoffman is pretty lucky... Mostly because there is not someone completely obvious to replace him. Same could be said for Thaiday and Gillett.

lockyno1

Post Whore

To a degree, but Maranta had his fair share of shockers, Hoffman was in great form pre-Origin, and was one of the key reasons for the start to our year.

broncos70

Juniors
I think you'll find many did a mini backflip on Copley (myself included). His ability did pick up for a few weeks there. I agree he won't make a big difference to our team, but I think it makes it a tad stronger.

Hoffman is pretty lucky... Mostly because there is not someone completely obvious to replace him. Same could be said for Thaiday and Gillett.

I did a backflip on Copley on the wing as well, but I guess he is stronger than Hoffman on the wing.

I think even if there was an obvious choice to replace Hoffman, Griffin wouldn't take it. Hunt was an obvious replacement for Wallace but he didn't replace him. That's 6 shockers in a row. Wallace looked angry at the Sydney fan day.

broncos70

Juniors
To a degree, but Maranta had his fair share of shockers, Hoffman was in great form pre-Origin, and was one of the key reasons for the start to our year.

Maranta had shockers? He made that one mistake against the Sharks in the last minute of the game when we were down by 10. Please identify his shockers. He was the only player with the right attitude against those crap teams. Tried his ass off the whole time. I love him

lockyno1

Post Whore
Maranta had shockers? He made that one mistake against the Sharks in the last minute of the game when we were down by 10. Please identify his shockers. He was the only player with the right attitude against those crap teams. Tried his ass off the whole time. I love him

Trying, what are we becoming...a bunch of Scott Minto's! That was a deplorable mistake against Cronulla. However I was more talking about his positioning and with his size at this stage he does not make enough metres. I don't feel at this stage his positioning is good enough, and that is to be expected at his age, next year perhaps.

Big Pete

Referee
Bulla is one of my favourite players of all time and one of the best I've seen play the game. I still believe the club shot themselves in the foot by letting him go & I hope Cullen regrets the decision to let him go and sign hacks like Clinton, Sims & Marsh (and I like PJ, but let's call a spade a spade here) for the rest of his years.

While he hasn't been consistent this season, it's been an honour to see Civo cart it up in a Broncos jersey once more. Whenever we've needed him to lift, he has and he's still performing on the grandest stages of them all. I was feeling jipped by our 2012 earlier, but if the highlight was the privilage of watching Bulla roll defensive lines backwards and setting up tries through said runs then for my money & time it's been well worth it.

Aside from his head breaking Monty Betham's arm when he was hit high, my fave Bulla moment was a try of his against Newcastle in 06. We were absolutely towelling them & Civo appeared to be tackled just short of the line until a second effort put the ball over. What made this moment was the expression on Civo's face, he was desperate to score that try & like an innocent kid he looks up at the ref. with this hopeful expression on his face. I think that's what sealed it for him.

Regardless of tomorrow night, I've never felt embarrassed to support Petero & I hope when the dust is settled he's remembered as not only a great footballer but a wonderful ambassador of the game.

Let's Go Broncos & never say die my friends!

Band On The Run

Juniors
Bulla is one of my favourite players of all time and one of the best I've seen play the game. I still believe the club shot themselves in the foot by letting him go & I hope Cullen regrets the decision to let him go and sign hacks like Clinton, Sims & Marsh (and I like PJ, but let's call a spade a spade here) for the rest of his years.

While he hasn't been consistent this season, it's been an honour to see Civo cart it up in a Broncos jersey once more. Whenever we've needed him to lift, he has and he's still performing on the grandest stages of them all. I was feeling jipped by our 2012 earlier, but if the highlight was the privilage of watching Bulla roll defensive lines backwards and setting up tries through said runs then for my money & time it's been well worth it.

Aside from his head breaking Monty Betham's arm when he was hit high, my fave Bulla moment was a try of his against Newcastle in 06. We were absolutely towelling them & Civo appeared to be tackled just short of the line until a second effort put the ball over. What made this moment was the expression on Civo's face, he was desperate to score that try & like an innocent kid he looks up at the ref. with this hopeful expression on his face. I think that's what sealed it for him.

Regardless of tomorrow night, I've never felt embarrassed to support Petero & I hope when the dust is settled he's remembered as not only a great footballer but a wonderful ambassador of the game.

Well said. GO THE BRONCOS!

Leagueaddict

Juniors
Trying, what are we becoming...a bunch of Scott Minto's! That was a deplorable mistake against Cronulla. However I was more talking about his positioning and with his size at this stage he does not make enough metres. I don't feel at this stage his positioning is good enough, and that is to be expected at his age, next year perhaps.

Funny the guy makes one major mistake and you're down his throat and he's just a new player on the paddock and all? I think that one telling blue has been the only mistake i've seen the guy make but then i'm not sure what his defence has been like? Overall I've been really impressed with Maranta and know he's still got a little way to go for a full 80 minutes A grade but agree would love to see him in the squad for next year.
I hope tonights a fitting tribute for Civo and all he's done for the game inside and out. Hopefully he'll be able to pass on a few secrets and tactics of his former club for which we can use and target!:)

Go Petero!

THE CHAMP

First Grade
With the side named there are no excuses. Wallace will have Hoffman running of him hard. Not Norman thinking about it. Norman is at 5/8th where he should have been this entire time of very poor performances. im expecting a win of at least 20. I kknow this sounds optimistic but that side is more than capable. The Broncos need to ask themselves how many season memberships do they want renewed next year.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
And can someone tell Griffin he has forwards that can offload. Why not give that a go.

haha... i see your point. But lately our forwards having been penetrating, so the offloads we have been trying were risky and usually didn't lead to good 2nd phase play.

We need to start penetrating, then the offloads should flow...

Let's not finish the season losing 7 in a row!

Country Bronco

Juniors

Touche'
Petero, Bulla and Civ. One Great Bronco. About to watch the last game of a Legend. It should be memorable.

JamesBrandy

Juniors
No idea who should get the points, but Wallace was great. Kicking game was pretty good, defence was great and he stood up when he needed to.

3. Wallace
2. Te'o
1. Copley

johns_reds

First Grade
3 teo
2 hodges
1 Wallace

Teo and hodges were our most dangerous, surprisingly Wallace had a good game, Corey Norman had a shocker, no vision at all, one time he passes and Glenn scores, Norman isn't our long term solution for number 6 and we need to start looking for a new one

DeeJ

Bench
3. Wallace
2. Hodges
1. Copley

Copley made a really good comeback and good to see he continued his pre injury form.

ThePearl

Juniors
You know the team is struggling when Dale Copley starts receiving points.
Whatever happens in the finals, surely the Norman/Wallace experiment is over by the start of next season. I don't think Norman is first grade standard to be honest.