What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 3 Team

lsta5838

Juniors
Glad we won, should have been by more, but a win is a win.

I am still not a fan of having Smith in the side, yes he tries hard and is enthusiatic, but he gave away key penalties and does not add anything in attack. I would like to see maybe a 3rd option kicker at lock (maybe blair to lock, gordon to 5/8 and daniela to wing).

1. Wesser
2. Daniela
3. Tighe
4. Jennings
5. Rooney
6. Gordon
7. Sammut
8. T. Puletua
9. Priddis
10. Civinoceva
11. Pritchard
12. Waterhouse
13. Blair

14. Ation
15. Woolnough
16. Bell
17. F Puletua

Fibroman

First Grade
I missed the game due to sickness in the family.

From all accounts Tighe and Blair played well.

I've been a huge fan of Bobby Blair since the start of last season. If he continues to work on his fitness and his ball skills, this young bloke can do anything. He possesses the two qualities that you can coach into a player: size and pace. You've either got it or you haven't.

Depending on the role they play in the side, there isn't alot of difference between a lock and 5/8th in the modern game.

Blair looks good at 2nd receiver as he likes to run at the line. Not many 5/8th run the ball on a regular basis in the modern game.

I think Masada Iosefa could be coached into the halves. He has the ability to play hooker, lock, half or 5/8th. He could be a long term option

*Sandy*

First Grade
Finally a win and 2 points and the confidence badly needed for the boys. Hopefullly the boys can keep grinding away and finding more wins within.

I thought the defence has improved. Even in the 2nd half and giving points away, with back to back sets of defence it had me sitting on the edge of my seat willing the boys to stay tough. I personally thought T's move into the front was a good choice by him.

The boys huddled in a circle in the middle of the ground after the hooter which was nice to see, it showed to me they are playing for each other and as a team.

The Teach

Juniors
Dave Q said:
Suck it in tosser.

If you thought that was a diss or I dont like the panthers, you need your head read.

Then again at 56 posts I can understand your stupidity.

Hey Dave, you imply that you actually like us, but I'd like you to explain this thread:

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?p=4101099#post4101099

Try and worm your way out of this one Dave!

Enjoy the view from the bottom of the ladder mate! :lol:

Dave Q

Coach
The Teach said:
Hey Dave, you imply that you actually like us, but I'd like you to explain this thread:

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?p=4101099#post4101099

Try and worm your way out of this one Dave!

Enjoy the view from the bottom of the ladder mate! :lol:

That was soft like you are Teach!

I didnt know so many of the panthers were so sensitive. Sugar told me you'd enjoy the barbs.

You won the game, you should be singing not whinging!

The Teach

Juniors
Let's not get personal, because it appears the only soft part of today was Souths defence in the first half :lol: .

I know you're going to say it was supposed to be sarcastic, and I appreciate your kind words about Penrith supporters being good humoured. I just decided to see what they were saying about your loss today in your forum as I always do after we beat someone and found that rare gem of a thread. I just found it to be a clever thread and thought all Penrith supporters would get a good laugh out of it. :lol:

*Sandy*

First Grade
Dave Q said:
I didnt know so many of the panthers were so sensitive. Sugar told me you'd enjoy the barbs.

You won the game, you should be singing not whinging!

Out of interest how many Panther fans responded Dave that makes so many sensitive?
And yeah we are definately enjoying the much valued 2 points. Thank you very much. ;-)

Dave Q

Coach
The Teach said:
Let's not get personal, because it appears the only soft part of today was Souths defence in the first half :lol: .

I know you're going to say it was supposed to be sarcastic, and I appreciate your kind words about Penrith supporters being good humoured. I just decided to see what they were saying about your loss today in your forum as I always do after we beat someone and found that rare gem of a thread. I just found it to be a clever thread and thought all Penrith supporters would get a good laugh out of it. :lol:

Yes Teach, all good.

Despite losing, it was good to meet some of the Souths LU lads at the game.

Ive got a junior match report somewhere on Souths LU.

None of us at the game had too much unkind to say about the Penrith Panthers.

We were more unkind about our own game.

Thats how it should be I suppose. :cool:

The Teach

Juniors
As it is with our supporters after a loss Dave - being unkind about our own game that is. I thought you guys showed some good signs, particularly in attack, with Sutton always being dangerous. I think he has to be your permanent 5/8 for you guys to go anywhere this year, although I do have severe doubts about Benny Rogers as your halfback.

Dave Q

Coach
PK said:
Out of interest how many Panther fans responded Dave that makes so many sensitive?
And yeah we are definately enjoying the much valued 2 points. Thank you very much. ;-)

My fifth loss at CUA in a row PK.

Thats life I suppose.

There was some good panther games, but I cant bring myself to discuss those!

You had the better side today, no argument, I submit!.

*Sandy*

First Grade
Dave Q said:
My fifth loss at CUA in a row PK.

Thats life I suppose.

There was some good panther games, but I cant bring myself to discuss those!

You had the better side today, no argument, I submit!.

Good lad!

We are no strangers to losses as you well know.
Good luck for the rest of the season but not enough to overlap us. ;-)

abpanther

Staff member
Great to finally get a win, we looked great in the first half but once again we fell apart in the second half. Lets not kid ourselves, Souths (like Canberra) was playing with a 2 man bench, if Asotasi and Luke hadn't got injured I'm sure they would have run us down. We played about 20mins of great footy but the rest was crap, there were some encouraging signs in defence however.

Thoughts;

- Our backs looked good, although Tighe, while good with the ball, was woeful in defence. Was responsible for at least 2 tries (fell off one tackle and came in on another and didn't secure the ball) and he really needs to rectify this as he nullifies his good work in attack. I still think we under utilise Jennings, Gordon got involved late and was effective from dummy half, would've been good if he got involved earlier, Rooney was ok. Wesser actually caught the ball in backline movements so that was impressive, however other than that he was relatively ineffective.

- Halves are coming together nicely, Sammut looked dangerous as always and Blair is improving every week. Our kicking into open space was great, Blair has surprised with his ability to kick into corners, very good. I still think there are issues with positional play and last tackles options but I think this will come. Blair was targeted in defence and souths scored a couple as a result, more positional play than anything but this will have to improve. I don't mind Big Mick's idea of moving him to lock, however I would prefer to leave him at 5/8th and replace Smith with Lewis when he returns.

- Our forwards played really well, particularly in the first half. I thought peanuts was easily our best, his hit-ups were quality and his offloading ability sets him apart. I though Petero was solid and Big T looks like he has found a home in the fornt row, his hit ups were quality and there were a lot more of them which was great. I still think Waterhouse looks ineffective and continues to force passes and make mistakes, however he is a workhorse in defense so we should persist with him. Nathan Smith tries hard but offers nothing, I feel like as long as he is starting we are a mediocre team.

- Priddis still remains an enigma, he has spells where he does good things but then he backs them up with som really stupid decisions or gives away a stupid penalty (he and Smith are the masters in this dept), I though Aiton was much more effective than Priddis.

- The bench, I thought Aiton really added a nice spark that has been missing lately, however he still has issues with his timing. He threw a forward pass (one of many we threw however they were not called, a growing trend in todays game) and his passes to our forwards are not crisp. He ran well from dummy half, however I wish he wouldn't hold the ball out in one hand, asking for trouble. I though Woolnough was great off the bench, however Bell and Worth added nothing. It hink this is one of the big problems with our side at the moment, no impact off the bench. When Worth and Bell came on we lost all our impetus and Souths came back, we really need so bring in some impact forwards onto our bench but I'm not sure if we have any.

Overall, solid performance but most teams would have still beaten us. First 20mins of the game we played great and we had some nice defensive stints in the 2nd half, we really need to cut out the stupid mistakes and learn to play 80mins, nice to get a win though.

My dream team for next week.

1. Jennings
2. Daniella
3. Gordon
4. Tighe
5. Rooney
6. Blair
7. Sammut
8. T.Puletua
9. Priddis
10. Civoniceva (c)
11. Pritchard
12. Waterhouse
13. Lewis

Subs
14. Aiton
15. Woolnough
16. F.Puletua
17. YOUNG IMPACT BACKROWER - Bateman/Moors/McKendry

Fibroman

First Grade
I tend to agree, that Junior Moors would add impact from the bench. I think he deserves another shot at the top grade.

Bell is the biggest player at the club, but suffers from Dane Carlaw syndrome. We would have been much better served hanging onto Norrie, or bringing Steve Waddell out of retirement...........

abpanther

Staff member
Hey guys, does anyone actually know how Moors has gone this season? Has he regressed? Do yuo guys think McKendry or Paulo are ready to come into First Grade? Surely they can have more impact than Bell or Worth.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
I haven't seen Moors this year. However he was in the NSW Cup Team of the week last week.

abpanther

Staff member
Panther_Daz said:
I haven't seen Moors this year. However he was in the NSW Cup Team of the week last week.

Do you have a link for this NSW Cup info?

Thanks