What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 3 thread (Dragons @ Penrith Stadium)

choc_soldier

Coach
This Round 3 clash, whilst in real terms is seen as a bottom of the table clash, there is still much to look forward to.

Both the Panthers and Dragons, nevertheless, have been disappointing in the opening 2 rounds. It is fair to say that the Dragons have been more so, at the end of two heavy losses, whilst the Panthers have had their chances, but have evidently never really been in the hunt to record victory.

PANTHERS - Competitive against the Roosters, but two intercept tries broke their back. Silly options in attack were also harmful.

DRAGONS - Once again, conceded a huge half time lead, this time against the Storm, and had to play catch up football in the second half.

It would be pedantic to suggest that this is make or break for both teams. But the Dragons need to arrest this alarming trend of slow starts, and the Panthers need to kick their season into gear.

These two teams have a lot to lose and gain from this game. At home, the Panthers have the edge, but the Dragons will come out breathing fire.

Attempting to speak subjectively, the Panthers seem to be in better shape going into this match, but trying to predict what Dragons team will turn up is impossible.

Panthers by 10.

brandell

Juniors
The Panthers should win. That is SHOULD win. However we should have won the last two games and that wasn't the case. I think we will win but if we don't I think it's time to look at what were are seriously doing wrong.

Saints suck.

Panthers by 12

Caged Panther

First Grade
TEAMS TO PLAY DRAGONS
Mar 22 - Here are the teams to play the Dragons at Penrith Stadium this Saturday:

1st Grade (kick-off 5.30pm)
1. Rhys Wesser, 2. Trent Clayton, 3. Luke Lewis, 4. Paul Franze, 5. Luke Rooney, 6. Preston Campbell, 7. Craig Gower (c), 8. Joel Clinton, 9. Luke Priddis, 10. Ben Ross, 11. Joe Galuvao, 12. Tony Puletua, 13. Trent Waterhouse, 14. Garret Crossman, 15. Frank Puletua, 16. Frank Pritchard, 17. Luke Swain

Fibroman

First Grade
Gowie needs to run the ball a bit more, and for God sake will Langy please bite the bullet and put the 6 on Gowie's back and the 7 on Presto.

Southernsaint

Staff member
I look forward to the trip out to Penriff - always a good time out there...

C'MON YOUUUUU SAINTS!!

Big Mick

Referee
Fibroman said:
Gowie needs to run the ball a bit more, and for God sake will Langy please bite the bullet and put the 6 on Gowie's back and the 7 on Presto.

Thats crap.

They say the same thing in the telecrap today, criticising that Gower isn't running the ball.

Andrew Johns 8 runs
Matt Orford 7 runs
Brett Kimmorley 7 runs
Craig Gower 17 runs

So thats just crap

mightypanther

Juniors

It looks fine at my place at the moment, and I live about 15 minutes from Penrith.

Weather forecast still says fine and 21 for Penrith.

Let's hope it stays that way.

Munky

Coach
Whoot!!!!!!!!!

We won.

Frank Puletua probably our best player!

Our forwards were smacking them in the 2nd half.

Big Mick

Referee
NO WAY puletua was our best. He played very well but far from our best.

3 points - Preston Campbell
2 points - Rhys Wesser
1 point -Frank Pritchard

Must say I was very pleased with our defence.

Munky

Coach
Preston was very ordinary in the first half.

Run accross field and kept losing ground.

Gower didn't take the ball to the line enough. When he did we looked deadly.

Big Mick

Referee
the whole team seemed to lift another gear with 10 to go, finally started to get some structure in our attack.

Now all we need is hands to hold onto it.

Munky

Coach
Penrith the past 2 weeks.

0-10 minutes : Play well but can't score

10 - 30 minutes: Play crap and conceed points

30-80 minutes: Smash the absolute crap out of the other side.

Latest posts