What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 3 thread (Dragons @ Penrith Stadium)

Fibroman

First Grade
The referee was a disgrace. Both teams were continually 2-3 metres off side.

I thought Pritchard made a real difference when he was out there. He looked dangerous everytime he touched the ball.

We looked much better when Ross and Clinton were out there. We need Wrigley to get fit as he will be a better option off the bench than Crossman.

Clayton was only ordinary on the wing. We will be a better side with Galea back in the centres and Lewis back to the wing, and Clayton to the Cougars.

The nulla needs to lift his game too. He is nowhere near the player he was in 2003.

Wesser is looking much more dangerous than he was last year which is exciting. He dead set gave Hornby a cold when he ran around him to score that try.

I like it alot.

*Sandy*

First Grade
I made comment of it last week and KP and I both referenced it again this week. Our Bench is making more impact on the game than our starting forwards atm and our starting forwards don't seem to get into the game until well into it. I thought it was a pretty scrappy game but we got away with the 2 points. I also made comment as to how the Dragons were constantly up in Penriths face. Not 1 or 2 but 3 or 4 of them. How did they get there that damn fast! :? So I thought the 10 was not being policed well enough either. Clayton and his brain explosion! Thank the panther gods *that* was a NO TRY! I hope they can get it together soon because it's shown whilst they are playing at this level and coming against sides who will get on with it, we will end up *just* losing! :( Personally i think they were lucky key dragon players were missing last night. Finally we got 2 points on the board so hopefully this will boost the confidence, eradicate the nerves and our Penrith boys playing at their carefree best. :D Bring on the Eels!!! :clap:

Fibroman

First Grade
We must be watching different games of football. Crossman goes o.k. but he doesn't seem to get over the advantage line. I think we are missing Rodney. I would love to see him fit, and groomed for the #13 with Waterhouse starting in the 2nd row and Nulla off the bench. Just an opinion.

Bring back the whippet.

mightypanther

Juniors

Both the whippet and Rodney have been training again recently.

I'm not sure exactly how close either of them are to returning to the field though.

I guess it will be up to John Lang to decide when he feels ready to risk them.

I hope he doesn't bring them back before they are completely fit.

I'm sure that is a large part of the Dragons problems. They are playing badly and
keep bringing their star players back before they should because the players practically
beg them to, and then they break down again almost immediately.

That's the last thing we need. I would rather see them wait a couple more weeks, and
have Lang just kick the backsides of the players that are already there to wake them
up a bit in the meantime..... :lol:

Big Mick

Referee
nooo. not whippet. he is more of a liability both with hands and defencively than Clayton. If your gonna give someone a shot, its gotta be Gordon. At least gives us a goalkicker.

The Piper

Juniors
I sat right amongst the Army on Saturday, PP. They sure get behind the boys. It made the experience of being at the game even more exciting. I'm going to make my regular seat up there in the Eastern Grandstand from now on, I believe!

*Sandy*

First Grade
Which one Wal. There's a few now. The biggest noisemakers can be heard in Bay 7 now from where i was sitting.

All the empty seats in Bay 5 are looking a little sad. I'm not sure if it's a good thing or not. I know for the finals reserved seating was definately needed.

The Piper

Juniors
I think it was Bay 7. They started a new chat every two minutes!
I was adjacent to the three fully empty rows right in the middle of the Eastern. It would have looked from the Western as if the grandstand was deserted.
I sat behind the guy with the "President Clinton" flag :)
Next to, I think, a Mr Murphy :?: I don't know if that helps. He told me he and all the guys and girls around me get to every Penrith game.

*Sandy*

First Grade
Nah it doesnt for me - but i probably would know by sight. Child or Nina helps me. :D But yeah that's the other group, they use to sit at the back of Bay 5 and they were always making noise up there. I think there is a bit of challenge between Bay 7 and Bay 5 and Bay 5 haven't got a hope in hell of outdoing them. ;-) The Eastern stand looks top heavy now. It's how it looked on Tele last week too but it actually looked worse on TV.

choc_soldier

Coach
The situation with Bay 5 is disappointing, but it was a decision that the Panthers management made. It seemed to be very hollow at the Roosters game, not sure if it improved for the Dragons game. Did it?

We try our best to match Bay 7, but yeah, they outdo us most of the time.

There isn't a split - it's just that those guys could not afford the reserved seating season ticket. We band together still at away games, like Round 1 at Toyota.

Fibroman

First Grade
PK said:
Is that because you are vertically challenged and couldn't reach the top shelf?

If all the men in the ground lay on their backs i would be one of the tallest there, if you know what I mean. :shock: ;-) :thumnn