What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 3 v Broncos

mxlegend99

Referee
So we have the oddd injury or illness that is actually bad luck, and that means every injury is bad luck?

If luck was the sole reason for injuries. They would be spread far more evenly through all teams and heavy injury tolls would be a one off thing.

But that's not the case. Some clubs have barely an injuries and can field the bulk of their side all year. While other clubs have far more than their fair share of injuries for it to be bad luck.

I suppose it's just luck that Coote couldn't make a full season with us. But goes on to be fit all year and win a grand final at the Cowboys. A side who has managed to minimise its injury toll... which should be impossible since injuries are luck and not preventable.

I suppose it's luck that Michael Gordon had a career of leg injuries with us. But he moves on to Sharks and now Eels and is averaging close to 10 more games a season then he did with us.

Blaming it on luck is why things will never improve. Risk of injuries can be lowered. We just act like its out of our hands. When we could be taking steps to improve our 'luck'.

Kilkenny

Coach
I think it is just luck, fate, destiny I don't know but do I don't think our training and fitness team are any worse or better than any other side?

Anyway what was our NSW Cup side today? Can anyone post who the 17 were should be interesting?

Kilkenny

Coach
Given the NSW Cup side who got sounded beaten this afternoon the absence of TMM, Latu and JFH can surely only mean only thing and you guys know what this is? Right!! Sitileke Akaluola played for the NSW Cup side apparently so there is another change? Merrin obviously out so major reshuffles accross the whole line up by the look's off it? Again.

maple_69

Bench
Sounds like we will line up as the below with the option of the left looking more likely. Latu and JFH (injured?) didn't play but Sitaleki did. I'm damn happy with that given the outs!

1. Smith/DWZ
2. Mansour
3. Hiku
4. Blake/Smith
5. DWZ/Blake
6. Martin
7. Soward
8. Mckendry
9. Wallace
10. RCG
11. Cartwright
12. Yeo
13. Taylor
14. Peachey
15. Matagi
16. Latimore
17. JFH/Latu

Kilkenny

Coach
Sounds like we will line up as the below with the option of the left looking more likely. Latu and JFH (injured?) didn't play but Sitaleki did. I'm damn happy with that given the outs!

1. Smith/DWZ
2. Mansour
3. Hiku
4. Blake/Smith
5. DWZ/Blake
6. Martin
7. Soward
8. Mckendry
9. Wallace
10. RCG
11. Cartwright
12. Yeo
13. Taylor
14. Peachey
15. Matagi
16. Latimore
17. JFH/Latu

Is Blake playing or not? That is the question. You can recover from a bad cork injury but I'm thinking given those who did not play in NSW Cup it is increasingly likely Blake is out, Yeo will play centre hence both Latu and JFH in. Still leaves 18th man unresolved?

Maybe Blake is playing and either Latu or JFH will be the 18th man? Someone has to be I suppose.

franklin2323

Immortal
Blake's out Maple. Cork which he played on with last week....another one poorly managed.

Kilkenny. We will get Katoa & Jennings back next week so will be better.

This was our NSW Cup team:

MWZ. Hall. Heffernan. Corey Hawira. Filino. Sopoaga. Clune. Leota. ZDC. Saunders. Akuoala. Smith. Garcia: Coates. Albert. Pua. Siri.

Kilkenny

Coach
Blake's out Maple. Cork which he played on with last week....another one poorly managed.

Kilkenny. We will get Katoa & Jennings back next week so will be better.

This was our NSW Cup team:

MWZ. Hall. Heffernan. Corey Hawira. Filino. Sopoaga. Clune. Leota. ZDC. Saunders. Akuoala. Smith. Garcia: Coates. Albert. Pua. Siri.

No wonder we got pumped in NSW Cup injuries are impacting on them already?

Kilkenny

Coach
NYC side is winning, again. Gotta be happy with that I suppose. Particularly given Brisbane are one team town and are should be strong in this division? One outta three ain't bad?

maple_69

Bench
Yeah Blake out so Yeo to centre. Either Peach starting in the second row or maybe JFH. Looking forward to seeing Latu back and of course Martin will make this game fascinating regardless of how we fare as a team.

maple_69

Bench
Cleary laying on two tries and scoring another. Him and Edwards are shaping up as real prospects.

maple_69

Bench
Well Martin is officially in. Let's take note never to believe anything Griffin says after he said Martin wouldn't play two days ago.

hindy111

Post Whore
Eek tuff game for tmm with so many players out.Good luck guys.
Luck will turn with injuries. Look at Peats at parra, had a bad run with injuries.Just need to jag a few wins till the troops are back!