What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 3 vs. Cowboys Discussion + Voting

Spike

First Grade
*Changes tip*

How would this shift the side around?

I take it Perry will be called up?

Big Pete

Referee
You're right DownUnder. Lockyer is also out, no word on who's replacing him but don't expect Shane Perry too as he's also out with an injury. My bet is on young Joel Moon.

Big Pete

Referee
Hodges or Kemp* Lockyer is out remember. :p

Boyd is deceptively good at Fullback, his defence is superb and he isn't afraid to get his hands dirty.

DeeJ

Bench
I hope Lockyer's injury isn't serious. And Glory Be, he will never play at fullback again.

DeeJ said:
I hope Lockyer's injury isn't serious. And Glory Be, he will never play at fullback again.

well im pretty sure i've seen him play there for australia recently, not sure if it was 07 or 06 but the fullback got cleaned up and lockyer played at fullback and also scored a try. And considering cutie was out and wallace can guide the side around he was suely the best option.

Big Pete

Referee
That was because Australia had no one else to play Fullback. Lockyer will never play fullback again unless it's absolutely necessary and with Hodges, Boyd and Kemp in the side it's not going to happen.

I expect Moon to come in, I read somewhere that Perry is out injured.

broncoman

Juniors
Eastwood, Carroll or Stagg to start at 6, don't like any of these options, but they are the only options. My guess is Stagg...

Mr Saab

Referee
Glory be Lockyer said:
what a wste of f**king time getting cuties name cleared.

No it was not a waste of time. Why just give in and accept the punishment when you can fight it knowing you have a great chance of being cleared!
Hunt now has 0 carry over points to any further charges that may come his way.
Say he took the 168 points and misses a game and has the 68 carry over.....and then in the last round he committs and offense that is minor but cant be beaten and is 90 points....Hunt would then miss the 1st week of the finals because the Broncos were too lazy to fight something back in March.
Thankfully the Broncos dont share your thinking.

salivor

First Grade
Great, losing 2 playmakers at once. Well we've put a lot of raps on Wallace well now we're going to see what he's really got having to control the side all alone.

As for the replacements, personally I think we have to put Hodges at the back now that Lockyer has gone down as well as we're going to need to find some spark from somewhere rather than just restricting him to one side of the field.

I'm also not sure on Moon as a ball player, I'd rather go for putting Ennis in the 6 as Marsh is more than capable of playing the full 80 and if injured then we can shift Ennis there or even Stagg if need be during the game. If not Ennis then Eastwood would be my next choice.

Big Pete

Referee
Superb effort out there tonight by the Broncos. Everyone looked mobile and ready to burst in attack. Our defence was also superb. There were instances there where Bowen was sure to break the line before Stagg would pull him up just short, superb effort and IMO has proven his worth in our side.

3. David Stagg
2. Peter Wallace
1. Ben Hannant

Latest posts