What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 3 vs. Dragons

macnaz

Staff member

I usualy respect your football knowledge Hybrid, but you really are talking out your arse if u think Moltzen was the MAIN contributer to last nights lose. Would you like to list what he did wrong apart from the obvious knock on at the scrum base.
Marshall 9 tackles, 2 missed, 4 errors
Moltzen 16 tackles, 0 missed ,2 errors
Why wasnt Benji dragons best aye ? .. In fairness to both none of them were ever going to offer much with a dreadful forward pack going backwards. We were exactly the same back in 2004 and 2005 with Prince there, eventualy the forwards grew some balls and held their own and things started to happen. Until that happens again no halfback is going to save us from more floggings.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Mate, watch the game again and look how many times Moltzen touches the ball.

What does he do on the field? He is a passenger.

I am not solely blaming him for the loss but if you think he adds anything at all to our team you are clearly not watching the same game as me.

He is the most overrated player in the game.

I dare you to find one game where we were in an arm wrestle and Moltzen helped dig us out of it. He is the perfect example of a luxury player.

When we are winning and winning well he will get his hands on the ball. When we are up against it he is nowhere to be seen.

macnaz

Staff member
I agree somewhat , but its only his third game and ill be a little bit patient with him and look for improvent. If that doesnt eventuate by all means bag him and even replace him. Also we do honestly need the forwards working for any 1-6-7-9 to contribute. Farah has copped a little here as well, but once again he cant work of the back of a pack not making ground.
By the way there was no arm wrestle in that game what so ever, we didnt even offer our arm on the table to start one. ;)

Last edited:

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
We learn from the best.

Congrats, St George were awesome.

Thanks Ted. I wouldn't say we were any more or less awesome than Canterbury against us last week. We were good enough, but we have a lot of frailties at present. Your mob were flat out awful.

Tigers just don't have the pigs. Woods is awesome, but Groat isn't ready for it week in week out yet IMO and he certainly shouldn't be starting.

Only Rd 3 of course, but there's a LOT riding on the big Pommy for the Tiges. Adam Blair is wayyyyyyyy overrated.

blacklock

Juniors
on a positive note, benji seems to be in the zone lately. each time he has the ball...he poses a serious danger of making a break.

years ago he had a good step...now it seems theres alot more power behind it. hes also kicking the heck out of those bombs! all he needs is for the supporting cast to step up also.

robbie farrah is hit or miss. i always feel if benji werent in the team he wouldnt be rated so highly. he tends to make the mistake which parra makes, relying on one guy to make all the difference.

b.bear

Juniors
Mate, watch the game again and look how many times Moltzen touches the ball.

What does he do on the field? He is a passenger.

I am not solely blaming him for the loss but if you think he adds anything at all to our team you are clearly not watching the same game as me.

He is the most overrated player in the game.

I dare you to find one game where we were in an arm wrestle and Moltzen helped dig us out of it. He is the perfect example of a luxury player.

When we are winning and winning well he will get his hands on the ball. When we are up against it he is nowhere to be seen.

Luxury, yeah that's tim to a T.

Blair - $250000 would have been a much fairer price and whats goin' on with his build seems to have trimmed down a lot. not effective with hit-up's and is not fast enough to be running wide all night.

Tiger05

First Grade
Thanks Ted. I wouldn't say we were any more or less awesome than Canterbury against us last week. We were good enough, but we have a lot of frailties at present. Your mob were flat out awful.

Tigers just don't have the pigs. Woods is awesome, but Groat isn't ready for it week in week out yet IMO and he certainly shouldn't be starting.

Only Rd 3 of course, but there's a LOT riding on the big Pommy for the Tiges. Adam Blair is wayyyyyyyy overrated.

Pretty good assessment.

leoc

Juniors
Sad reality is just that, we lack the fire power up front! We were only borderline last season when we had Gibbs & Fafita. The buying of Blair was a good thing if he went into a dominant pack, not a dominated pack. No player can show their brilliance when the team is getting curved up.
Benji is currently looking dangerous but that won't last if it is always on his back to carry an under performing team.
What is clear to me is 1) our props aren't experienced or hard enough for first grade. 2) we desperately need a half back that can take the game by the scruff of the neck and change its course 3) I have said it for the past 2 seasons, we need a coach with new ideas. Someone to reinvigerate the squad. Something has to happen as our last G.F was 6 seasons ago, we should of been there last year but .......... you know what happened!

gronkathon

First Grade
Farah was busted, Benji was still dazed from a high shot and Moltzen was still nowhere to be found.

He gets moved to fullback at the end of the game, bomb goes up and it is Fulton who has to jump for it because that f**king wanker din't want to get involved.

He is a good track player who only supports Benji, creates nothing on his own and butchers plays. Hell rather than run at the line and make sure he drew one defender away from Lawrence he passes early so not to get tackled and through sheer luck Lawrences hail mary finds Reddy and we score.

He is unadulterated shit

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Lui went missing in defence and moltzen goes missing in attack. Something Miller does neither of.

I'd rather him at 7. Put moltz on the bench to keep benji happy

hybrid_tiger

Coach
I agree somewhat , but its only his third game and ill be a little bit patient with him and look for improvent. If that doesnt eventuate by all means bag him and even replace him. Also we do honestly need the forwards working for any 1-6-7-9 to contribute. Farah has copped a little here as well, but once again he cant work of the back of a pack not making ground.
By the way there was no arm wrestle in that game what so ever, we didnt even offer our arm on the table to start one. ;)

I've seen enough. He doesn't cut it.

Last night Benji got concussed early, Farah was in the wars with head knocks, a cut hand etc. and where was Moltzen? Hiding behind the play doing nothing. He is a liability.

Farah and Marshall may cop some stick for not taking the right option at times, but unlike the fairy we have at 7, both of them will at least die trying.

macnaz

Staff member
I couldnt give a f**k if he gets punted or not really, im only trying to be fair and until i see him play behind a pack that goes forward i wont make a complete judgement. Just hope if they do go another half he isnt put back at fullback. Maybe MU's suggestion of Miller in an Moltzen to the bench may be the best future option. But i do agree we cant waste a half a season hoping for improvement if its not looking like happening.

Matchball

Bench
Lui went missing in defence and moltzen goes missing in attack. Something Miller does neither of.

I'd rather him at 7. Put moltz on the bench to keep benji happy

This.
I'd still take the woman basher in the 7 jersey over Faultzen
All these decisions lead back to Benji.

FlameThrower

Bench
We got dominated in the forwards in a massive way, they smashed us actually.

They held the ball better than us and played smarter.

We got beaten by a better team, a way better team.

i'm a DRAGONS FAN, and u are 100% spot on............we had a roll-on for 80% of he game and our defence was solid. Big issues with your lack of forwards size and impact.

The Rosco

Bench
Yep. All true, and sad at the same time.
Our forwards got rolled by a hungrier pack. Our team got outplayed by a better team on the night.

In the frustration of watching us continually shooting ourselves in the arse, I noticed a couple of things.
1 . . the dragons have developed a technique of flopping on the tackled player without getting penalised for it. Must have happened 25 odd times last night and went un-noticed from the refs.
2 . . At last we lose the "refs darlings" tag. That was another thing that saints won fair and square last night.
3 . . . the saints players fell into the habit of hugging and celebrating tries. Therefore, they must be pricks.
4 . . . Soward has got as good kicking game. While he was never tested last night, he can also kick goals. Won't someone please tell him how much of a tool he looks like when he screws up his face and clip-clops about as he is lining up the shot ?
5 . . We REALLY miss Ellis and Galloway.

Latest posts