What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 3 vs Raiders

Azkatro

First Grade
Gutted is probably the first thing that comes to mind after that result. But not in the same way we felt after round 1 - right behind that word is bloody proud. The Boys started slipping into error mode at one stage but really showed some class to get back on track and complete their sets. Canberra were excellent at working the ball off their own line, with particular reference to those 60m kicks they were putting in.

I'm doing my best not to think about *those* two decisions.

In all honesty I thought you guys were very unlucky, and I thought we played like absolute s***.

Bad luck fellas, but good luck for next week.

greeneyed

First Grade
All the video ref decisions were correct however, with the possible exception of the Canberra no try in the first half.

thuganomics

Coach
The last 2 cowboys dissallowed where dead set tries!!

McWilliams Was offside but not going for the ball and Benifet of the doubt in the Sing Shifcofske incident.

Stormin Norman

Juniors
Bad luck guys u were really stiff just think if those 2 games went the way they should u'd be sitting pretty in 2nd place right now.

Paullyboy

Coach
Thuganomics im going to post this in every thread that you have left your uninformed rants in.

You clearly dont know the rules, so dont go shooting off your mouth and crying foul.

The rule clearly shows the video referee was correct

Section 14, Note 2

"Any offside player who remains within 10 metres of an opponent who is set to catch a kick upfield by an opposing player shall be deemed to be interferring with or attempting to interfere with the catcher and shall be penalised unless the non-offending team gains an immediate advantage

gman

Juniors
That is absolutely BS!!! The cowboys were robbed! That try where the video ref thought Sing knocked the ball on is a joke! Are they watching the same screen... What happened to giving the attacking team benefit of the doubt. Sing didn't even touch the ball. The ball was knocked on by Clinton...

As for the other try that was dissallowed - yeah the rules may state that - but this means that any grubber or bomb within 10m of the try line will never be a try as the guys who just played the ball will always be offside!?!?!?

What a crock! The Cowboys were robbed 2 points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:

dakota

Juniors
I thought you played well and hard, Cowboys.

I'm proud of you.

Congrats on your win, Canberra.

Paullyboy

Coach
gman said:
As for the other try that was dissallowed - yeah the rules may state that - but this means that any grubber or bomb within 10m of the try line will never be a try as the guys who just played the ball will always be offside!?!?!?

What a crock! The Cowboys were robbed 2 points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:

Maybe you should read up on the rulebook too, people keep saying that all grubbers are technically offside because of the rule, but this isnt true. Firstly its not where the offside player is standing when the ball is kicked, its where they are when the ball is gone for by the opposing team, and secondly if the kicker runs ahead of the offside player - he is no longer offside.

I cant remember the last grubber where it was kicked from dummy half, the kicker didnt chase and it went less than 10 metres from the point of the original kick (10 metres doesnt necessarily mean up and down the field, the kick could go 10 metres across field and it would be fine)

greeneyed

First Grade
Fact is, the Cowboys didn't score tries according to the rules of the game.... nor did we score tries in the first half when we went over the line. Raiders won fair and square. Get over it, the very few ACT residents with an agenda against the Raiders.....

nqboy

First Grade
Well, I was full of piss on the hill the other night and can't really remember details but that's why I have Austar, right? So I can watch the replay and pick up what I missed, right?

Not so far. First, the missus didn't tape it on Saturday night (she's on her last warning) and then, today, there's another problem. Parra v the Knights was supposed to start at 11.30am with the Cowboys replay at 1pm. The NZ v SA cricket test has run overtime and is still going and I've no idea when the 'boys will be on. Or if they will be on, and I'll have a quiet shilling that Austar will edit it heavily to make up the lost time. After all, no-one cares, it's only the Cowboys, isn't it?

My impressions, looking through my beer glasses were that we were much improved on our performance against Manly. Well, that's not hard, is it? At least the boys had a go and that's what I ask, first and foremost.

I'll be back when I know more.

Latest posts