What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 3 vs. Roosters Discussion + Voting

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Watching the Roosters against the Warriors, they didn't seem all that threatening to me. Their attack was average at best and their defence was just poor. Even without Hodges and McG, I think we can get up in a slim one if we maintain that same grit in defence we showed against the Dragons.

beads6

First Grade
Roosters will go wide against us. I can see Jennings and SKD tearing us to shreds. Hope I am wrong.

Big Pete

Referee
I'm far from a pessimist but I wouldn't get ahead of myself. Always difficult to play well in NZ and the Roosters still did enough to get the biccies. They're building combinations and they should get better as the season wears on. Seems like Robinson made some smart changes after last week, including moving Tuivasa-Sheck to fullback which could spell trouble for us.

Loss of Hodges is going to be huge. Griffin's hands are really tied when it comes to replacements. He could risk Hoffman out wide while bringing in either Kemp or Berryman but I can see him playing it safe and sticking with Gillett which would be concerning.

Losing Show is also going to suck.

Need to win this game too because I can't see us causing an upset against Melbourne the week after.

Bretto

Bench
Hoffman needs to play in the centres opposite Reed, but no doubt Hook will use Gillett who will be massively outpaced by either Jennings or SKD.

I liked Kiwi's team from the Dragons voting thread.

1. Norman
2. Maranta
3. Reed
4. Hoffman
5. Kemp
6. Wallace
7. Prince
8. Hannant
9. McCullough
10. Thaiday
11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. Parker

14. Hunt
15. Anderson
16. Stagg
17. Someone

AceAv

Juniors
I don't think griffin is that stupid to put Gillet in the centres. Manlys centres really outplayed us and without hodges I suspect a reshuffle and seeing hoff replace hodges and a hopefully kemp or someone in good form on the wing. Reed should cover SKD marks but Hoffman definitely needs to be ONTOP of Jennings

Bretto

Bench
I don't think griffin is that stupid to put Gillet in the centres. Manlys centres really outplayed us and without hodges I suspect a reshuffle and seeing hoff replace hodges and a hopefully kemp or someone in good form on the wing. Reed should cover SKD marks but Hoffman definitely needs to be ONTOP of Jennings

Yep, agreed totally. Gillett is too slow. Reed should handle SKD easily, but Hoffman has the speed and strength to do a job on Jennings, and Hook should instill the confidence in Hoffman this week, and make it his sole aim for the game to mark Jennings and smash him every time he gets the ball.

Dazzat

First Grade
Watched the Redcliffe v Wynnum game today. Hala looks OK and may be rushed back in the team to cover for McGuire. I'm sure Hook would've wanted to give him an extra week.

Considering Hala's run of injury, Hook may opt for another option - how's young front-rower Wallace going?

beads6

First Grade
Watched Kahu and Kemp play QLD cup today. They are our options for the centre spot if Gillett doesn't get put there. Kemp had hamstring tightness though and was off for the last 15 mins. He defended well I thought and did some nice things in attack. Kahu played on a badly beaten side and he got no room at all.

Country Bronco

Juniors
Losing Show is also going to suck.

Need to win this game too because I can't see us causing an upset against Melbourne the week after.

Agreed going to miss the Big Show and a loss here would spell two losses in a row. I'm a pessimist. The Litmus test is Melbourne as I've said. I won't be be disappointed if we give a good go and get flogged but will if we crumble.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Bad idea naming Hodges IMO. This isn't one of those do or die games, so the risk isn't worth the reward.

AceAv

Juniors
Roosters last week looked to race out there and absolutely work lighting with the play the ball to gain momentum/penalies. Worked pretty well for them until they started to make some errors and Warriors muscled it back. Warriors needed 1 or 2 kicks to land and that game was theirs as the Roosters seemed to run out of puff after the 55mark.

Broncs defend like they did last week and stay on top they should roll over them later in the second. We just need to ensure their magic men (SKD, Jennings, Maloney (to some degree) are contained and we should get the points.

Im tipping bronx, but excited for the challenge on this one. Feel sick about next week and hope the storm get beaten hard tonight so their sore next week :?

Latest posts