What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 3 vs. Roosters Discussion + Voting

Country Bronco

Juniors
More confident this week than last. I know popular opinon is roosters to win but from their performance against the warriors it suggests the back end of the game if we can gel in attack there'll be more than enough points on offer.

ggmu

Juniors
Don't really like the move of Stagg in the centres but I could see it coming. Hopeful of a win in this one. Although not confident. Would be good to get one over the roosters "All star" roster.

Bretto

Bench
Stagg in the centres? He's slower than Gillett and Gillett is too slow for the centres. I really hope that doesn't bite us in the ass.

Bretto

Bench
gillett is quicker than reed easily !

You're probably right. It just highlights how badly we need some speed out wide. Hence why I think moving Hoffman to the centres makes sense, and why the loss of Copley will be a big one this season.

Reidy87

Juniors
We should have moved Hoffman in one and then Kemp on the wing. Gus says it all the time - you can't replace speed with anything. Hoffman/Kemp is a pretty quick combination.

Stagg/Gillett to centre doesn't make as much sense to m, as Alex Glenn to Centre. Alex appears quicker and fitter than them both and is the better defender to take on Jennings/SKD.

qld aussie

Juniors
Stagg/Gillett to centre doesn't make as much sense to m, as Alex Glenn to Centre. Alex appears quicker and fitter than them both and is the better defender to take on Jennings/SKD.

Stagg an Gillett are better defenders than Glenn. I think a foot race over 100 s Gillette wouldin easily.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Stagg an Gillett are better defenders than Glenn. I think a foot race over 100 s Gillette wouldin easily.

Since when is Gillett a better defender than Glenn?

Also a couple of seasons ago Glenn was the quickest at the club over 40m if I recall.

To me it makes more sense to have Glenn at centre (but Glenn is the form backrower at the club atm). In any case it's a lose/lose situation, having a backrower playing centre.

Jason Simmons

Juniors
Yeah who'd have guessed "throw it to Hodges and see what happens" isn't working tonight for some reason...

We have nothing else in attack.

Leagueaddict

Juniors
Normally don't comment on refs calls but FMD the rooters have been lying all over us in the tackle giving us no fast ball. While we're get penalised for FA?

austyphoon

Juniors
And I'm done.

This is truly pathetic. No direction at all. Pretty much 16 tackles in a row and didn't even look close to scoring.

It's almost laughable.

Nevcost

Juniors
Is it just me or are we one of the slowest teams in the NRL at the moment, not even attempting any fast play the balls

Latest posts