What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 3 vs. Titans Discussion + Voting

Big Pete

Referee
Generally I like to dwell on victories...but thought I'd keep things moving too. ;-)

Report in the Courier Mail suggests both Hannant and Hodges will be back.

Both Anderson (2-6 weeks) and Gagai (1 week) appear to be out.

Reed to left wing to partner Beale.

Thoughts? I think we should be alright, Reed won't be asked too many questions under the high ball (I expect a few initial bombs, but nothing under heated pressure like the Raiders game).

qld aussie

Juniors
1. hoffman 11. thaiday
2. beale 12. gillett
3. reed 13. parker
4. hodges 14. glenn
5. yow yeh 15. mcquire
6. lockyer 16. teo
7. wallace 17. dodds
8. tronc
9. mccullough
10. hannant

Mccollough has to play more minutes. Hunt to q cup.

beads6

First Grade
I'd love to see Kemp play but he would have to play amazing today to deserve the game IMO. Won't be good conditions out a at wynnum for a winger either. Probably just shift Beale out to the wing in place of Gagai IMO. Beale was quite good under the high ball in his debut in the NRL. Will be great to see Hannant back hope he gets our forwards rolling. Hunt does need to be given the 7 in a QLD cup side to develop his game.

AuDragon

Juniors
Generally I like to dwell on victories...but thought I'd keep things moving too. ;-)

Report in the Courier Mail suggests both Hannant and Hodges will be back.

Both Anderson (2-6 weeks) and Gagai (1 week) appear to be out.

Reed to left wing to partner Beale.

Thoughts? I think we should be alright, Reed won't be asked too many questions under the high ball (I expect a few initial bombs, but nothing under heated pressure like the Raiders game).
TBH, if Gagai is out injured, I'd prefer to see Kemp given a chance with Reed as centre if Hodgo comes back. We might otherwise be exposed to Meade's speed and we need a good strong centre to cover Tagatese, who's been a wrecking ball lately...

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
I'd like to see Reed stay in the centres as well, with either Copley/Kemp/Beale to the wing, determined by who they think is the best winger at the time.

Wonder if QLD aussie is right with Thaiday back to the backrow with Hannant coming back in? I was pretty impressed with Glenn last week starting in the backrow, so hard to call.

Snappy

Coach
This game should be a cracker! Titans will be revved up coming off such a heavy loss, and we welcome back Hodgo and Hannant. Hope both boys are ready to go.

AuDragon

Juniors
Didn't like the drubbing the tits got in Melbourne. Will definitely fire them up against us even more than they already do against "big brother".

On the other hand, Nathan Friend seems to be long odds of playing, so that's a massive plus for us.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Yeah the worst thing that could happen for the Broncos did, that is, the Titans getting smashed :(. Tits in Titland is always going to be a tough trip.

Hench

Juniors
I'm hoping Griffin stops playing favourites with his u/20 boys.

The equal timeshare between McCullough and Hunt is crap.
Te'o looks lost with the way he is being used with Glenn starting.
Reed should be chosen over Beale for left centre but we'll see.
Gagai wouldn't have been dropped even after his deplorable game last week. Glad he's injured.

Seagullsrock

Juniors
I'm hoping Griffin stops playing favourites with his u/20 boys.

The equal timeshare between McCullough and Hunt is crap.
Te'o looks lost with the way he is being used with Glenn starting.
Reed should be chosen over Beale for left centre but we'll see.
Gagai wouldn't have been dropped even after his deplorable game last week. Glad he's injured.

And if Reed/beale hurt themselves and you've got no potential replacements, will you be glad then?

renouf

Juniors
Gagai is a rabble on the field, it's amazing how these players come into first grade and look hopeless.

Seagullsrock

Juniors
Hodges
Reed
Beale
Copley
Glenn
Te'o.

I'm sure we would be fine.

Huh? Im my scenario, Beale and Reed are both injured. So if you put Glenn and Te'o into the centres, who goes to the 2nd row? Can't believe you said you were glad one of your players was injured. Not much of a supporter.

Hench

Juniors
Huh? Im my scenario, Beale and Reed are both injured. So if you put Glenn and Te'o into the centres, who goes to the 2nd row? Can't believe you said you were glad one of your players was injured. Not much of a supporter.

Huh? We have Hodges coming back and Glenn/Te'o to cover the left centre spot. If we had Anderson, Gagai, Beale and Reed out our team still looks good

Hoffman
Kemp/Copley
Glenn
Hodges
Yow Yeh
Lockyer
Wallace
Hannant
McCullough
Tronc
Thaiday
Gillett
Parker

Hunt
Carlaw
Te'o
McGuire.

Mr Fourex

Bench
1. Josh Hoffman
2. Jharal Yow Yeh
3. Jack Reed
4. Justin Hodges
5. Gerard Beale
6. Darren Lockyer (c)
7. Peter Wallace
8. Sam Thaiday
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Ben Hannant
11. Alex Glenn
12. Matt Gillett
13. Corey Parker
Reserves:
14. Ben Hunt
15. Ben Te’o
16. Josh McGuire
17. Shane Tronc

Gay guy and "Mr" Anderson out with injury

Still not sure about Thaiday at prop......or Hunt on the bench

How's "Jane" (Dane Carlaw) going at the moment?

Be great to see Hodgo and Benny get around again .............

Should be a top match. We'll have to be switched on, the Titans will be hard to beat.

Mr Fourex

Bench
Carlaw injured a Hammy in QLD cup and is sh*t.

You mean he was playing sh*t before he injured is hammy or is just sh*t fullstop?

I'm not trying to argue. Just curious..........

I was against buying him back in the first place. Waste of f*cken money if you ask me.

beads6

First Grade
You mean he was playing sh*t before he injured is hammy or is just sh*t fullstop?

I'm not trying to argue. Just curious..........

I was against buying him back in the first place. Waste of f*cken money if you ask me.

he is just sh*t LOL. :lol:

God-King Dean

Immortal
So I assume Reed will be staying in first-grade permanantly? As centre or wing in the long run?

Yes, this is a fantasy question. :cool: