What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 3 vs. Titans Discussion + Voting

Seagullsrock

Juniors
a) Their results have showed both teams are ordinary
b) Both teams players and coaches have admitted their attack is very poor

If you think the opposite, you're kidding yourself. Titans haven't won and the Broncos only just beat them and lost to the Cowboys who then got thumped by the Knights.

In each of the games, neither team has scored many points.

You couldn't possibly argue with that and I don't know what your problem is.

Big Pete

Referee
a) Their results have showed both teams are ordinary

Beating a highly rated Canberra team in Canberra without fielding two star players and losing a forward in the warm up is hardly an ordinary result...

b) Both teams players and coaches have admitted their attack is very poor

They've also admitted their defence was very good.

Besides, people don't have an issue with that opinion, it's the fact you come on here and criticise others for having an opinion. You've added nothing to this thread.

Mr Fourex

Bench
No one on the field did anything with the ball. It's why the Bronx and Tits are both ordinary teams.

You're not giving the defensive efforts their due recognition....

Take the rabitohs. They'll put 30-40 points on ANY team. Trouble is they'll let the other team put 40-50 on them........

They nearly did it the other night against a sh*t eels performance

they did do it rd 1 against a sh*t Roosters performance.

A great defensive effort that wins a game ?

I'll have some of that any day of the week thanks.......

Seagullsrock

Juniors
Beating a highly rated Canberra team in Canberra without fielding two star players and losing a forward in the warm up is hardly an ordinary result...

They've also admitted their defence was very good.

Besides, people don't have an issue with that opinion, it's the fact you come on here and criticise others for having an opinion. You've added nothing to this thread.

Canberra didn't have Dugan or Campese. That's like taking Lockyer and Hunt in the past out of Brisbane. They also had Orford in which just hinders their style of play.

Big Pete

Referee
Canberra didn't have Dugan or Campese. That's like taking Lockyer and Hunt in the past out of Brisbane. They also had Orford in which just hinders their style of play.

They still had their 'awesome' forward pack and backline and when you factor in our losses heading into the game (Hannant, Hodges and Anderson and we had to replace him with Copley) I'd say it's fair game. Given the Raiders are highly rated I say we did relatively well.

johns_reds

First Grade
Not very happy with the ball control on friday night but the defensive effort was awesome, I'm still not sure though if Broncos were awesome in defense or Titans were terrible in attack??

3 - Parker
2 - Beale
1 - Hodges

00digger00

Juniors
That's an incorrect figure based on the Broncos stat sheet but who cares? Hindmarsh makes about that many tackles every week. Why isn't he MOTM every week based on your theory?
I didnt say he deserved MOTM, Im just saying making 65 tackles is not doing nothing......

Last edited:

johns_reds

First Grade
Oh and the refereeing on scrums was a joke, we got penalised on the first scrum with no warning, then every other scrum through out the game the titans were warned what they were doing wrong but then got another chance and never penalised, that was a joke!!!

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Not my fault you can't handle the truth.

So it comes naturally then? Thanks for clearing that up.

You obviously like to project an image of yourself as some sort of underground league guru, who is so enlightened that he only follows Q-Cup, as NRL is too "mainstream man".

Guess what? No one is buying it.

Nobody here is claiming that Brisbane are world beaters and are going to go all the way this year. That remains to be seen. What most people are enthused about is the quality defence they've shown in the first three rounds. Anyone with half as much knowledge as you want everyone here to think you have, would understand that having your defence squared away early is a great position to be in.

Seagullsrock

Juniors
So it comes naturally then? Thanks for clearing that up.

You obviously like to project an image of yourself as some sort of underground league guru, who is so enlightened that he only follows Q-Cup, as NRL is too "mainstream man".

Guess what? No one is buying it.

Nobody here is claiming that Brisbane are world beaters and are going to go all the way this year. That remains to be seen. What most people are enthused about is the quality defence they've shown in the first three rounds. Anyone with half as much knowledge as you want everyone here to think you have, would understand that having your defence squared away early is a great position to be in.

Not too mainstream, too Sydney.

Big Pete

Referee
Your team is doing fantastic Seagulls, shame nobody gives a rats arse to even make a thread about 'em let alone troll them.