What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 3 Vs West/Tigers ANZ Friday

tbunny

Juniors
I am watching this now and we are going to get stitched. Hopeless. f**king hopeless. Geriatric three quarter line. No discipline. We will make the 8 but it will be 8th place only.

saint.nick

Coach
F*** your team is full of coconuts, Isaac Luke prominently sticking out (I sometimes think you should punt him if a better hooker was offered to you. He has wonderful moments, but also many f**king frustrating brain snaps). Losing to spoon favourites like this is criminal for a team of your artillery. But there seems to be absolutely no leadership out there tonight. There's no leader out there reorganising attack, and disciplining the players. Fumble after fumble, defensive error after defensive error. Seriously, I only speak with so much anger because I'm sick of seeing my dad suffer like this :crazy:

saint.nick

Coach
The positive is that it's only round 3. I remember we lost our first 5 games or something in 2005 and then came equal first. I don't understand how well-paid PROFESSIONALS can just go out there and make an error every f**king time they touch the ball. It's been utter self-capitulation from Souths tonight. Reminding me of when you thrashed us in 2009...

Big Sam

First Grade
We've gone away a lot from last year's very structured game-plan and now become too expansive. But we don't have the players to execute such a strategy, particularly with the ageing backline.

Time to go back to 'boring', aiming for +80% completions and structured play.

saint.nick

Coach
We've gone away a lot from last year's very structured game-plan and now become too expansive. But we don't have the players to execute such a strategy, particularly with the ageing backline.

Time to go back to 'boring', aiming for +80% completions and structured play.

Correct. You don't have the overall calibre of outside backs like Manly or Easts to pull it off. Maybe invest in some more backs than forwards?

Robbie 12

Juniors
I couldn't believe my eyes last night a knock on festival,

there was no leadership out there at all, no set plays,
no one out there to pull someone head in if they did an error on the field ....

I think now that they have 9 days to the next game, coach should train them so hard that they throw up after training, as punishment ......as that's how we felt after the game last night ...

If the team has any issues with each other then sort it out, tigers played better then manly,

Aaron woods ...one player won them the game ....

Ps ...both wingers should be dropped Merritt ...and taqiri,

taqiri should be dropped on his head, his so big and can't even break the line ..... Merritt made no line breaks at all....running the ball back from fullback as soon as he got touched , he would fall to the ground, and if you are a winger then it's your bread and butter to catch a high ball in your corner .....

I don't know what's wrong someone has got an attitude problem and it's infecting the team ...it has to be ....how can you play so well in round one and not even turn up in round 3 ....

Last edited:

Isaaxe

Juniors
Merritt did not play wing but Reddy.

Merritt was fullback and far from the worst player last night.

Mr Spock!

Referee
Won't make the 8.

Other sides are improving.

Ours isn't.

Too reliant on GI.

That showed up last year as well.

I had that gut churning feeling last week.

Souths are screwed for the season.

LOL. Got Raiders, Broncos and Panthers in the next few weeks. All fast and slick. We looked an utter shambles last night with no heart and no discipline. Too many egos?

Would be lucky to make the 8, but at the moment, am not predicting that. Have an ongoing joke with a Manly mate and I've picked the score twice in two weeks.

Disheartening TBH. Still…won't stop me from turning up but if the games start any later and go any longer (had played something like 15 mins of play in 26 minutes) then the family will be out of the equation for all the night games. Hope Madge can turn it around, but something isn't right. Hoping Luke's injury is a blessing disguise…but who knows. I don't know what to think other than I'm bloody worried 2014 is a write-off already.

Last edited:
Meh.

3 weeks ago, we belted the best team in the comp.

We are going through a rough patch. Injuries and suspensions are mounting up. Give it a few weeks time and we'll have more troops available. All will right itself then.

Wests Tigers players accuse South Sydney of getting 'nasty'

League News Wests Tigers
Date March 22, 2014 - 7:59AM
  • Tigers run riot over sorry Souths

The Tigers upset the Rabbitohs in a fiery encounter which left Greg Inglis concussed.
PT1M31S http://www.smh.com.au/action/externalEmbeddedPlayer?id=d-359fh 620 349 March 22, 2014 - 12:49AM
  • refusing to be bullied by an aggressive South Sydney team they accused of resorting to "nasty" tactics because they were losing Friday night's match at ANZ Stadium.

Motivated by talk about how their forwards would be no match for the monster Souths pack, the Tigers were determined not to let their rivals intimidate them - and skipper Robbie Farah and fullback James Tedesco said they had sent a message to the rest of the NRL competition with their 25-16 win.
Sam Burgess and Aaron Woods get up close and personal. Photo: Getty Images

"It wasn't us that got nasty," Farah said after a game in which five players were placed on report and three, including Rabbitohs superstar Greg Inglis, failed to finish due to concussion.
"There was a bit of emotion involved, we didn't want to take a backward step and I don't think we took a backward step all night. That is why we won the game. Everyone talks about their pack but I would like to give my pack some credit, they were enormous tonight.
"We came here tonight not to get bullied. We knew tonight we needed to come out and earn some respect and I thought we did that. They are an intimidating pack, that is the way they play and in the past that might have got the better of us but again credit to our pack. We matched them and that is why we won the game.
"I think it probably got a little bit out of control because they weren't happy about losing the game. I guess they are not used to losing, they are a successful side and it did get a bit fiery."

Tedesco, who was the victim of a several high tackles, said the Tigers had wanted to make a statement by refusing the let the Rabbitohs outmuscle them.
"When we were on top, they got a bit angry towards the end there and there were a few high shots," he said. "Our forwards sort of stuck it to them and they weren't used to that. Everyone talks about their pack and how big they are and our pack is doing awesome.
"We talked about that, this was going to be the benchmark, Souths is a good team at the moment and if we could come out here and stick it to them like we did then teams are going to start taking us seriously. We did that so a lot of teams are going to be worried about us at the moment."
Despite centre Tim Simona (high tackle) and forward James Gavet (kneeing) being placed on report, Wests coach Mick Potter said: "It's a contact sport and sometimes you have to sail close to the wind, and I don't think I would want it any other way".
The Tigers completed 36 of their 42 sets, while Souths failed to get to the last tackle on 15 occasions and had to make 295 tackles compared to 230 by Wests.
"I thought our defence was very good," Potter said. "I thought we met them on the advantage line and I thought we matched them in the middle with metres when we've got the ball. It gave us a little bit of room for our backs to play a little bit more. I thought our forwards outplayed their forwards tonight."
Potter said he was surprised Simona had been placed on report for a tackle that forced Inglis from the field after just five minutes, while he could not understand how winger Pat Richards was not awarded a penalty try after being hit high by Ben Lowe as he dived for the line.
"The only reason he didn't score was because he got head-highed so for me it seemed logical you award a [penalty] try," Potter said. "I am disappointed that wasn't ruled like that. Another disappointing thing is that you lose your player [Richards] because he was head-highed.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...tting-nasty-20140321-hvlg1.html#ixzz2wecKXLyO

GI Cordial

Juniors
Teo is on MMM and he is on the panel today, he mentioned G.I and Sam had issues with each other also Sam and Madge had a problem pre-season. He believes that when Keary got injured it threw the whole team out with too many positional changes as they have been training with Keary at 6 all off season.

I reckon Sam needs a rocket on last nights performance. If Madge is fair dinkum he should give Sam a week at Norths to think about his on field attitude and learn some discipline. Sadly, I think the injury / suspension toll will prohibit that from happening but someone certainly needs to get in his ear. Maybe Russel needs to have a chat to him.

Aggression is only good when controlled. Last two weeks it's certainly got the better of him and on both occassions it's been detrimental to the team.

If Sam isn't given a wake up, it's only a matter of time before he does something which will see him serve a long stint on the sideline anyway.

The Enforcer

Juniors
Meh.

3 weeks ago, we belted the best team in the comp.

We are going through a rough patch. Injuries and suspensions are mounting up. Give it a few weeks time and we'll have more troops available. All will right itself then.
So you've got a Chrystal ball and know that you won't have injury or suspension issues in a few weeks ? Next weeks lotto numbers please ? Seriously, to blame injuries is a cop out as you have no major dramas on that front.