What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 4 (2009) Roosters v Cougars

Pistol

Coach
further review has determined that:

• adamkungl's article is docked 5 marks for being under the no penalty threshold

• henriete's article is docked 2 points for being over the 750 word limit

• Matt23's article is docked 5 points for being under the no penalty threshold

Willow

Assistant Moderator

• adamkungl's article is docked 5 marks for being under the no penalty threshold

Roosters defeat the Cougars 419 - 237
Thanks Pistol.

Just in case anyone is wondering, this will be updated on the ladder and the F7s website later tonight. I don't believe the standings will change but there will a slight adjustment in the 'Points For' column.

Last edited:

Willow

Assistant Moderator
COUGARS

The Common Breeds of Rugby League Fans – griffo346

An amusing look at the many types of fan this great came attracts. This has been done before, but it's always a pleasure to read a new angle on it.

SCORE: 81

The Video Ref: Once Blind, Always Blind – lockyno1

Definitely a very important topic to fans right now – the video referee debate could be the topic of several dozen articles and still be uncovering new pros and cons. A well written piece.

Rugby League and Its Latest Challenges – Matt23

Another hot topic right now is player behavior and its impact on the game – and this was a rationally argued piece discussing some of the possible ramifications of player behavior. A few grammatical errors hurt this – but overall, it was a good read.

SCORE: 80

TEAM TOTAL: 242

ROOSTERS

The Five Stages of Getting Flogged – adamkungl

Haha, I got a kick out of this one. As someone who spent their first year of regular football attendance having to endure the 2005 Newcastle Knights campaign - I remember these stages quite well. An amusing article that managed to be both topical and broad.

SCORE: 86

The Founding Godfather – Non Terminator

This was a wonderfully written article, and a testament to a lifetime fan of rugby league. The years following the Super League war no doubt cost countless fans their passion for their club – but it speaks volumes for the loyalty of the man and for the game itself that so many stayed on long after their clubs ceased to exist as they remembered them.

A poignant read.

SCORE: 90

Brian Smith – Archduke Franz

A piece about a topic very close to my heart. Brian Smith's record speaks for itself upon closer inspection, and here's hoping 2009 sees him breaking that duck once and for all.

SCORE: 84

Fights, Furthies, and Fisticuffs – henriete

I had a hard time marking this. It started in fine style but seemed a little rushed and casual at the end. The issue of showmanship (or lack thereof) in our game and the death of 'mongrel' is one I've often pondered. An interesting read.

SCORE: 82

Mirror, Mirror – Bubbles

First of all, welcome back to F7s! This was a well reasoned and rationally argued article – no mean feat when you're discussing such a touchy issue.

TEAM TOTAL: 426

Sydney Roosters 426 def. Cougars 242

POTM: Non Terminator

Therefore, still a tad messy as the ref hasn't edited, and I need closure for the website. Ladder Keepers normally don't add up for the ref so please check in case of error.

COUGARS

The Common Breeds of Rugby League Fans – NK Arsenal (incorrectly marked as Griffo, NK Arsenal is the author)

The Video Ref: Once Blind, Always Blind – lockyno1

Rugby League and Its Latest Challenges – Matt23
SCORE: 75

TEAM TOTAL: 237
---------------------------
ROOSTERS

The Five Stages of Getting Flogged – adamkungl

The Founding Godfather – Non Terminator
SCORE: 90

Brian Smith – Archduke Franz

Fights, Furthies, and Fisticuffs – henriete
SCORE: 80

Mirror, Mirror – Bubbles

TEAM TOTAL: 419

Sydney Roosters 419 def. Cougars 237

Willow

Assistant Moderator
lol... will this round ever end?

If I do one more ladder adjustment.. etc.

henriette, only guessing here but I think the title has been included... as per the rules.

Rexxy is up here here next week. Let's go Mexican again. What'd say?

henrieté

Juniors
lol... will this round ever end?

If I do one more ladder adjustment.. etc.

henriette, only guessing here but I think the title has been included... as per the rules.

Rexxy is up here here next week. Let's go Mexican again. What'd say?

YES, so you can explain since when the bloody header is included!

Spoke to Rexxy and can't wait!

Latest posts